Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 10-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #29
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
i ordered the synergy green panels (came with AGO option as AMO was not avail yet) but my panels came with ice blue ABLs not green LED as i heard possibly reported on the B2E RPO V6 editions. i never saw one at night to actually compare...as for the posts, most are buying the light tube from digi-key. and the LEDs from GM with ice blue i am assuming.there is also a piece of felt that blocks the light runs to the end of the door, not sure why, was wondering it is was a safey issue with light reflecting into the mirrors at night..not sure looking for more valid reasoning..as for dash strips, LEDs produce very little heat and current, so would like a better answer from GM. there was a promo photo of ABLs went the entire parameter of insert panels and dash kits as well. i dont think it made production. but those light tubes are cheap i have it reported there are 5mm diameters...
still looking at doing my syn green in green instead of ice blue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
If you noticed, Tag finally settled on going with the GM lamps, and the light tube.

For newer cars, that don't have the ambient light plugs, you'll have to use a quick connect in your kick panels, on the purple wires.

On the drivers side the one I did had two purple wires, the one that was to the rear of all the wires was the one I finally used. I'm not sure if you can buy the synergy green LED's as it is not listed in the parts catalog. However, I think your dealer would be able to get you the right part numbers for the lamps.
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #30
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
Has anyone in Tampa area installed this ABL on the dash...?? i have a 2010 2lt and would like to continue this onto my dash area..thanks ryd... PM me ..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:50 AM   #31
camaromoe

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS Aqua Blue
i have a 1ss and was wondering if anyone used the trim peices are do you have to order new ones...or can i just add the lighting to mine
camaromoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #32
txrhino

Drives: '10 LT1 CGM "Sweet Emotion"
You will need to order new panels and dash pieces if you do not have a 2LT or 2SS. The cloth paneled ones are not compatible with the ABL. The only mods I know of for these is to take the cloth off and paint or have them wrapped.

Txrhino
Kevin

FLATBLACK STRIPES w/ RED PINSTRIPING, SUBWOOFER ON BA SYSTEM, ABL DOOR PANELS, BLACKWING INTAKE, GREY MATS, CARBON FIBER BOWTIES & A CUSTOM ENGINE COVER SEE MY ALBUM FOR PICTURES! THANKS CAMARO5.COM MEMBERS!!!
txrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #33
2010IBMSS

Drives: 2010 camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by txrhino View Post
I started this thread along time ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,learned alot since then. I have found the light pipe and will make you a ABL kit for the doors if you interested. I also have the light pipes available for the dash / under hood MODS.

Kevin
Txrhino

kevin, you got pm
2010IBMSS is offline   Reply With Quote