Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #99
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
deagles are BRUTAL!!
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #100
Sinergy

Drives: em crazy.
I own a few, none worth posting, but the one I've wanted for the past year was a SCAR. Unfortunately, they've become the camaro of gun fans and at least for now way out of my range. Hopefully in the next couple of years, they'll be more affordable.
Sinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #101
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
deagles are BRUTAL!!
not too bad, that was a friend shooting it.

this is me shooting it

fazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:47 AM   #102
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Thumbs up

Yes I do love to shoot! My new passion is skeet shooting. Started last fall as something to do until pistol competitions started up again.......... I think I am hooked.... Using a Remington 1100 right now while I look for a good over&under. I also shoot IDPA and PPC (pistols). Got a match this weekend. I can reload at a friends house so I save all my brass and hulls. Have several Sig's and S&W revolvers. A Ruger MK II is my rimfire of choice. Have enjoyed firearms since I was a kid
Old 05-18-2009, 10:09 AM   #103
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroman_99 View Post
Yes I do love to shoot! My new passion is skeet shooting. Started last fall as something to do until pistol competitions started up again.......... I think I am hooked.... Using a Remington 1100 right now while I look for a good over&under. I also shoot IDPA and PPC (pistols). Got a match this weekend. I can reload at a friends house so I save all my brass and hulls. Have several Sig's and S&W revolvers. A Ruger MK II is my rimfire of choice. Have enjoyed firearms since I was a kid
This may sound stupid but: I've really wanted to try skeet shooting for a while, however my ex-boss (who may be the only person on earth I truly hate-seriously) is an avid skeet shooter and I'm afraid I'd accidently shoot him with some PTSD fueled rage. I think I'd have to go to another state to learn because he's the guy who'd stand behind you and laugh.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #104
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
it depends on how your hands are built, i have tried all those pistols and the one that fit me the best was the M&P. The XD felt like a glock which to me feels like a brick.But some of my friends really like them.I have meat hooks for hands.
I just picked up a M&P 40, I love my Glocks but the S M L size backstraps that come with the M&P makes it a very comfortable fit for anyone plus S&W had a coupon for two free mags. The M&P fit my hand like glove and nice groups at twenty yards, the picatinny rail gives you a light/laser mount. We're getting together next tuesday I'll post some pics.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:30 AM   #105
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
This may sound stupid but: I've really wanted to try skeet shooting for a while, however my ex-boss (who may be the only person on earth I truly hate-seriously) is an avid skeet shooter and I'm afraid I'd accidently shoot him with some PTSD fueled rage. I think I'd have to go to another state to learn because he's the guy who'd stand behind you and laugh.
Skeet is a great sport!!! Don't let this ignoramus prevent you from giving it a chance. If he truly is the kind of person who would laugh at a novice shooter when a target is missed instead of helping point out what went wrong and how to correct the reason behind the miss, then he honestly isn't much of a man...and I'd be willing to to bet, not a very proficient shooter at that!!! Furthermore, if he does shoot competitively in the NSSA, I'll guarantee you he's the kind of guy who is always looking for excuses when he misses a target. Also you'll find, these kinds of people usually can't handle any sort of pressure.

Here is a link to the National Skeet Shooting Association. www.mynssa.com If he is a member, you should be able to look him up and see just how poor his averages actually are! And if you see him out there and he starts in on you, this knowledge just might let you put him in his place in front of his friends. I will also add this, when you do go out there don't be embarrassed to admit to the people running the gun club that you have never shot skeet before. You will find out that the overwhelming majority of shooters are only too happy to assist a new shooter. Most of the people you'll meet understand that the only way for any of the shooting sports to prosper, is to encourage new people to get interested in them. And to make their first experiences both fun and exciting. Above all else, be safe! Follow your instructors safety instructions to the letter. It won't take long before this knowledge becomes part of your core being.

I really hope you do give it a try. And if you like it (which I'm sure you will) start up a thread about your day out at the gun club.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #106
BlackXIV
FINALLY got my CHL!!!!!!

Drives: 03 Avalanche 09 R/T
Here is my arsenal. Not so fancy as some but I enjoy shooting them.

Yugo SKS, Mossberg 590A1, Marlin model 70 22lr, Ruger MKII, Glock 19, Taurus PT1911
Attached Images

BlackXIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #107
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Skeet is a great sport!!! Don't let this ignoramus prevent you from giving it a chance. If he truly is the kind of person who would laugh at a novice shooter when a target is missed instead of helping point out what went wrong and how to correct the reason behind the miss, then he honestly isn't much of a man...and I'd be willing to to bet, not a very proficient shooter at that!!! Furthermore, if he does shoot competitively in the NSSA, I'll guarantee you he's the kind of guy who is always looking for excuses when he misses a target. Also you'll find, these kinds of people usually can't handle any sort of pressure.

Here is a link to the National Skeet Shooting Association. www.mynssa.com If he is a member, you should be able to look him up and see just how poor his averages actually are! And if you see him out there and he starts in on you, this knowledge just might let you put him in his place in front of his friends. I will also add this, when you do go out there don't be embarrassed to admit to the people running the gun club that you have never shot skeet before. You will find out that the overwhelming majority of shooters are only too happy to assist a new shooter. Most of the people you'll meet understand that the only way for any of the shooting sports to prosper, is to encourage new people to get interested in them. And to make their first experiences both fun and exciting. Above all else, be safe! Follow your instructors safety instructions to the letter. It won't take long before this knowledge becomes part of your core being.

I really hope you do give it a try. And if you like it (which I'm sure you will) start up a thread about your day out at the gun club.
Nice post . Ya I need to get over myself. I do some pistol shooting competitions and alot of the people I shoot against are skeet shooters as well. Good people (for the most part). And lord knows I don't have enough expensive hobbies
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #108
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...537893819675&p

This just may be the smartest woman in America. Pretty too
Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #109
ih82lose

Drives: 2018 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...537893819675&p

This just may be the smartest woman in America. Pretty too
I never heard of her or her story,thanks for shairing

I dont know why we have to defend what a guns purpose is for.Its our right to have them dont allow them to take them from us.

I love to shoot, Funny I am new to the Camaro game here but often it reminds me of the gun and amo situation.All of the dealers adding this un-necesarry pressure of buy what you can find regaurdless of the price. We recently went to a show,I needed 380 amo real bad to break in a 380 kahr.I found a case 1000 rounds the price 600. So there I am thinking do I want to buy it, the guy is saying its his last case I better act fast. Thankfully my kid was with me and said DAD ARE YOU NUTS ,THATS WAY TOO MUCH .I came back to reality thanks to a 15 year old kid but can you imgine I may bought that amo if he wasnt with me. I feel the same way about the Camaro Afraid if I dont get the first one i find I wont get one this season .

Anyways we are a pro gun home. I am at the range every week with my son or daughter. Just as cars are, its a great reason to get together with your family

I used to shoot only sigs ,Just recently switched to Glocks.They are a very acurate gun. I also just picked up a Kahr 380 that is a perfect keep it in your pocket summer gun. winter gun of carry is my G30sf 45 cal
ih82lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #110
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I love in the end when she explains to the panel just exactly what the 2nd ammendment is for. I picked up a Ruger LCP awhile back. Fits nicely in the pocket. Have to find a place to keep it handy in the Camaro.