Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 12-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #29
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk6 View Post
Track Pictures
awesome pics, I love that second pic
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #30
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
We have some really awesome pics taken by the track photographers. They had 36 mega pixal cameras. Will not get until after xmas. But they are super clear, action shots of us on track. Finish line shots are really cool. When date gets posted for next year, make plans to get here. It will test your nerves, big time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #31
CruznSS

I think Larry's grin said it all after our 1st run. It was perma grin for the next hour. Then we got back in seats to go again!

Old 12-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #32
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Hey Mark, did you use manual or sport shift?

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #33
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
We were just watching blackhawks youtube video earlier and we hate we couldn't go... that looked like a blast. How fast did Michael get up to?

Sent from Apple sued Galaxy Note 2
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #34
CruznSS

Stayed in sport mode with traction control & stable track on. Saved my butt twice by having on. Michael couldn't get on track, had to be 18. He wanted too, really bad. ...

Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #35
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Had a blast, I'm so glad you Mark, Terry, Larry made it out this year...Saturday's session my car ran 180 on the front stretch. I got a pro driver to drive my car with me...HOLY SH#T my car is fast and it can brake, and handle...I'm still learning LOL
Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #36
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
Gents to say the Daytona International "Hooked on Driving" was a "BLAST" would be an under-statement. I think the first run was a bit of a blur because you are so..ooo pumped! The Lotus spinning out in front of me did nothing to sooth my nerves. The speed, running the severely banked curves and dealing with the exotic race cars was a real test of my constitution. I did much better on the following runs....but Wow what an experience! Yeah...I clipped some grass on the first run...but no damage. I was surprised how our Camaros performed in the midst of such high performance cars.
Thanks Mike for suggesting such a day at the track and Mark and Terry for making it a great trip as usual! I would go back in a blink and cannot wait! Tremendous bang for the buck at this track!
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #37
CruznSS

As soon as we get date set for next year, I'm in, again! Larry said it, best bang for the buck, hands down. Road course & oval high banks. Wish I could have seen your face Michael after 180.... holy sh*t. Driving back home now. All good things come to an end. Hope we can get a few more out next year. Will start saving for it now. Thanks go out to Michael & Hooked on Driving for a great time.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #38
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Wow, looks like you guys had a alot of fun...... and I thought just taking the tour of the Daytona Speedway this summer was a great time. you blew that away big time....thanks for posting the videos and pics.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #39
CruznSS

Just plan on joining in next trip Silverhawk. Need to meet us in Richmond for some charity laps. It will help get you use to running banked turns (anyone can come out for this)5 laps for $20. Daytona is not cheap ($477) for 1 day, 4-30minute sessions, (we only ran 2) but worth it. Trust me, if your a fan of NASCAR, you need to run the banks of Daytona. Will never watch the 500 the same way again.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #40
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
Just plan on joining in next trip Silverhawk. Need to meet us in Richmond for some charity laps. It will help get you use to running banked turns (anyone can come out for this)5 laps for $20. Daytona is not cheap ($477) for 1 day, 4-30minute sessions, (we only ran 2) but worth it. Trust me, if your a fan of NASCAR, you need to run the banks of Daytona. Will never watch the 500 the same way again.

Thanks, I will try to save my pennies for Daytona.......the Richmond thing might be something to try....might have to bring the club along

I'm actually surprised your tires hold up on the banking........being from Dover, quite a number of years ago.....a few fellow officers tried taking the police cars around the track here......even with pursuit tires, in about 2-3 laps they blew the sidewall right out of the tires....it just ate the outter edge right off.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #41
CruznSS

With new pavement, we didn't see much tire wear at all. Forgot to drop air pressure for 2nd run. Caused me to break loose and I had to back it down a bit. Nothing like breaking loose across the start/finish line and having to make a hard left at end of pit road. Used stock seat belt but looking at 5 point harnesses now & a hans restraint for future use. Check out Hooked on Driving.com They will post track dates. They do a road course at Pocono. Might try that too.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #42
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
Hey Mark ....if Pocono opens up......we just have to roll. FYI..I saw no real tire wear at all.....my engine temp elevated a bit but all is well. I am not sure but I ran in S mode and my car eventually "learned" the track. The learning process produced a lot of hard shifts and exhaust roar like I have never heard out of my car! WOW!
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote