Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-17-2014, 09:26 AM   #15
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Yep, a Rinseless or Waterless Wash will be the ticket for you. TONS of lubricant in them, so when used properly, the risk of inducing damage into the clear coat is minimal.

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #16
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
If you truly believe that, then you have been using wrong technique.

If you use products with wrong technique, you scratch it. Simple as that. Don't blame the products for user error.

I've been using rinseless and waterless on my car pretty much exclusively for at least a year and I'd bet money you couldn't find washing-related scratches on my car.

It's ALL about technique and proper equipment (ie proper mf towels and maintenance).

Also, knowing when the right time to use it is essential. Waterless can be used on light to moderate dust. Rinseless on heavy dust to light dirt. After that, you need to pressure wash first then rinseless or just two bucket wash.
Roshan, he said he had heavy dust so waterless wash would not be appropriate. That's not what the product is designed for. Nothing to do with technique, but with selection, just as you said. We agree.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #17
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Not sure if the California Duster would work in your case...my car is in my garage..it does get dusty. Works good for my needs. Also is it dust as in dirt of is it from local trees and shrubs and stuff. I get a white pollen covering my car at certain times if the year.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote