Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
TT on 3.6L @ Sema

Twin Turbo kit installed on a LLT 3.6L. I talked with the guy at the both where this car was displayed and he didn't know any information about the twin turbos. All he could tell me was it was fabricated and built by Legacy Innovations. The car was displayed in there both to show off their gauges that where installed. He also said that Legacy Innovations could probably build another kit if I was interested, but had no information on how to get in contact with them.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Nice! Did they do a dyno or provide 1/4 mile times?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
that's weird, i think i talked to the same guy, and he pointed out the two people that actually built the system and i went over and talked to them. lol

No dyno or 1/4 mile times yet. It was practically just built and sent to sema. They plan on doing all of that within the next few weeks he said. Basically everything was fabricated and a bunch of stuff had to be moved around. The person that owns the car wanted to show off the twin turbo's up front, the guy that built it said it probably wouldn't have been the way he would have gone about doing it, but that's what the owner wanted.

He said he was hoping to see about 500hp to the wheel, if i remember correctly. There is not tune, basically it's a piggy back system. He didn't go to much into detail about that. He said he'd build another one if someone wanted, but it's not really practical. 18-20k dollars to build. lol They are based out of Philly i believe.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
that's weird, i think i talked to the same guy, and he pointed out the two people that actually built the system and i went over and talked to them. lol

No dyno or 1/4 mile times yet. It was practically just built and sent to sema. They plan on doing all of that within the next few weeks he said. Basically everything was fabricated and a bunch of stuff had to be moved around. The person that owns the car wanted to show off the twin turbo's up front, the guy that built it said it probably wouldn't have been the way he would have gone about doing it, but that's what the owner wanted.

He said he was hoping to see about 500hp to the wheel, if i remember correctly. There is not tune, basically it's a piggy back system. He didn't go to much into detail about that. He said he'd build another one if someone wanted, but it's not really practical. 18-20k dollars to build. lol They are based out of Philly i believe.
Wow!

I thought about the piggyback route but couldn't find enough info to know if it would work. Seems our issue is fuel supply, so the piggyback won't solve that. Unless they found something the rest of us don't know about, I don't see how they can get 500rwhp with the stock fueling system. I hope we hear more and they found a way though!

$18-20K won't cut it though.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
WHIPPLECHARGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post

It couldn't have been the same guy I talked to because the guy I talked with had no information on the turbo set up and the builder was not their when I stopped by the booth.

18-20K Wow. They seems way over priced to build a twin turbo system.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
Lol at 20k, not worth it, should have bought a better car with the money
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #7
littleman54321

Drives: Something
For some people it's not about the money. They just want to do it because they can
littleman54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman54321 View Post
For some people it's not about the money. They just want to do it because they can
yeah.......... RICH BASTARDS! hahahaha lol

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #9
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman54321 View Post
Yeah, let's just hope they share what they did so we can all learn from it. If they are really getting 500 rwhp (not clear on that) then they know something the rest of us don't.

Last edited by GretchenGotGrowl; 11-06-2010 at 08:47 PM.
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #10
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
all show no go........ again.......
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:44 PM   #11
littleman54321

Drives: Something
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yeah, let's just hope they share what they did so we can all learn from it. If they are really getting 500 rwhp (not clear on that) then they know something the rest of us don't.
I agree fully. But running a standalone instead of trying to tune and flash the existing CPU is a totally different ballpark.

And something sparked something in the back of my head. I owned a 2000 eclipse, and the only way to get around the cpu in that was an AEM EMS or other type systems, iirc. Couldn't flash the chip. One of the reasons that the aftermarket turbo kits on it wound up being so expensive.

Hopefully we won't have to worry about that.
littleman54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:14 AM   #12
WHIPPLECHARGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
all show no go........ again.......

I bet that this is going to be the case on this Camaro. I highly doubt they will share any real info on HP gain, which is a shame if they actually paid that much for the TT. I'll put my money on this being a trailer queen!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:54 AM   #13
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Impressive, but also not impressive for the alleged price.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #14
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
I was able to speak to the owner of the vehicle while at SEMA and they basically was able to "turn over" the motor and that's it. Its a stand-alone and no where near finish. And this wasn't designed to turn into a kit either. I know Mark at SCAP still hasn't figured out his Twin Turbo V-6 from last years SEMA (of course he's busy with a lot of other items). Surprised with the amount of money these guys are dropping to build custom TT that they don't just go ahead an use an LY7 or something.

Only TT running I heard of is the DSO Camaro (STS's Twin).
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote