Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
AGP Twin Turbo Kit requires fabrication? (Not)

Anyone else have a problem with the post turbo extensions lining up with the standard SS catback? Was fabrication required?

I knew the Kit is not designed for EPS so the oil pump had to be moved on 13s and up. But I had not heard about the catback not lining up.

Edit: In case someone digs up this thread. My installer did not realize the aft turbo tubes have a angle to them and rotate so if you loosen both sides you can adjust the width of the end of the tubes to fit the cat back. My exhaust was cut instead.

Last edited by Fraxum; 04-28-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
They are supposed to fit right out of the box. Have you tried loosening things and re-adjusting?
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
Fraxum

I am not doing the install. I am sure the installer tried that.

I do have a magnaflow xpipe installed by the local Midas shop. It is possible the end of the catback is slightly off. But my LT and Kooks shorty cats bolted right up.

If no one else had this problem then it must be the Midas welds.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
We did not have any issues on stock Cats.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #5
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
So are you trying to bolt it to a full factory exhaust or a magnaflow xpipe? It was made to fit a factory system and I haven't seen any issues with a factory setup. LTs move the point back so midas/etc may have modded your xpipe to fit that stuff with the LT and shortie cats or something. If you have a factory catback/xpipe it will bolt right on, but if you have anything modded then of course you may need it adapted to your setup.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
So are you trying to bolt it to a full factory exhaust or a magnaflow xpipe? It was made to fit a factory system and I haven't seen any issues with a factory setup. LTs move the point back so midas/etc may have modded your xpipe to fit that stuff with the LT and shortie cats or something. If you have a factory catback/xpipe it will bolt right on, but if you have anything modded then of course you may need it adapted to your setup.
No not quite like that. The LTs and Kooks shorties were bolted up to the stock catback. But it was too loud with NPP. So I bought a Magnaflow Xpipe and Midas installed it in place of the H pipe and the cats bolted up just fine. Apparently though the turbo setup does not have enough give to cover how exactly Midas installed the Xpipe. I was not knocking the AGP kit as no one else had this problem. So yea it must have been the Xpipe install made the H spread a little off from the stock spread. I was confused as the LTs and cats bolted up easily.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #7
Levischilz

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
I had to loosen the cast manifold bolts and turbo to cast adapter and left the band clamps loose and kinda wiggled and shifted the whole assembly on both sides till it went where I wanted it to go. It was a little tight but went together.

No joke there is tons.... of movement available if you leave everything loose and do a mock up install. Once things are in place you can tighten the manifolds. Then tighten things from there back.

I did have to pivot my 2 post turbo pipes at a little bit of a angle to line the exhaust up. As long as the 2 o2's are no pointed down but up should be fine just dont want moisture to sit on them.
Levischilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #8
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levischilz View Post
I had to loosen the cast manifold bolts and turbo to cast adapter and left the band clamps loose and kinda wiggled and shifted the whole assembly on both sides till it went where I wanted it to go. It was a little tight but went together.

No joke there is tons.... of movement available if you leave everything loose and do a mock up install. Once things are in place you can tighten the manifolds. Then tighten things from there back.

I did have to pivot my 2 post turbo pipes at a little bit of a angle to line the exhaust up. As long as the 2 o2's are no pointed down but up should be fine just dont want moisture to sit on them.
Thanks! very helpful.