Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
Niro

Drives: Silver 2012 camaro 2lt
Picky lighting question with halos

Hey everyone, I'm in sort of a conundrum. I drive a Non-RS model I have halos that aren't exactly street legal and am seeing if I can have them turn on with my remote start through a fuse or anything and turn off as soon as the car goes into drive. I've been looking all day and can't seem to find a answer. Any help appreciated!
Niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Niro

Could anyone confirm that I could essentially use the power from the parking lights and have a secondary switch that controls the power on and off?
Old 09-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro View Post
Could anyone confirm that I could essentially use the power from the parking lights and have a secondary switch that controls the power on and off?
An option that comes to mind would be to use an on-off-on switch. So say, one "on" position would have the halos come on with the parking lights, and the other "on" position would allow you to have them on constantly (and the "off" position would turn them off completely).

Or if you were to use a regular on-off switch, you could tap into the power from the side markers or running lights and install the switch inline before sending power to the halos, like you would with any other power source. Not sure if you'll need to run it through a relay... Hopefully someone else can clarify further.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
Niro

I get what your saying. I was thinking about that and I do have a switch already which is nice but it's for constantly on or completely off from the power of the battery. Which I don't mind but they stay on and sometimes I forget and don't turn them off. I appreciate the input!
Old 09-13-2014, 10:38 PM   #5
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro View Post
I get what your saying. I was thinking about that and I do have a switch already which is nice but it's for constantly on or completely off from the power of the battery. Which I don't mind but they stay on and sometimes I forget and don't turn them off. I appreciate the input!
I have my halos and led strips wired to get power from the ignition (through an add-a-fuse in the ignition fuse slot). That way they only turn on when the car is on, and turn off automatically.

Tags
halos, remote start