Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #15
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'm curious why RX hasn't responded yet? This thread is already a few days old. I'm sure he has seen it.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #16
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
Have you tried contacting Tracy yet?
Tried calling many times but no one answers their damn phones.

I got an email from some Irene lady that said my order should ship on Friday. LAST FREAKING FRIDAY!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #17
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
According to what I have recently heard the Rx cans are on about a 6 week delay now. That is a long time for just a Catch can
It is a long time. A freaking long time that my engine has been probably getting oil blow-by inside the intake system. The thought of that crap burns my ass so much.

Only thing worse is the feeling of getting strung along by the emails telling me my order will be shipping soon.

I'm so far in to this ordeal which means I need to stick it out until my can comes in. The harm has already been done so canceling my order and waiting on a new one won't make much difference now.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #18
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Bumblebee, please PM your name and address and we will refund you.

For the rest, no can on the market performs as well as the RX can with its 4 chambers and 3 steps of separating and trapping the oil. Test after test and the challenge still stands. Take any of the so-so cans and install a clear glass fuel filter between the can you choose and the IM and see how quick it saturates with oil. If that is good enough for protecting your investment, then by all means go for it.

I endorse the Elite can as it works great and no wait...and this benefits me zero to steer sales away for those not wanting to wait. We work 12-14 hour days 7 days a week (I was here 7:30 AM to 10:45 PM wed trying to catchup). We have hired and fired 3 different assemblers and painter in the past 3 months as quality and work ethics seem pretty dang rare.

We can only make app 100 a week and orders run 100-300 a week and that is with truning away nearly every new dealer inquiry the past 8-10 months. Without pore production equipment, we cant make more and still put out the best functioning can on the market.

If you email: RXProducts@aol.com you will get a estimated ship date and where you are on the list, and same if you call: 941-721-1826, but you will most likely have to leave a voice mail as the lines are busy solid (call tx speed and see how busy they are).

If you have to have a good can now, order the Elite over any other (all are tested and dissected and the results posted in many threads just as everything I have posted here is).

All messages are returned as quick as possible, and same with all emails and we get hundreds a day to return calls/messages.

Anyone wanting to buy the company and ramp up to meet demand, let me know. I am to old to work this hard and all we can do is all we can do.

So, the website should state the waiting time estimate and until we can tool up again (the 4th time we have expanded and retooled and moved to bigger facilities to try and meet demand and it keeps growing).

We can only make 100 a week, and if an employee screws up pint, etc. on a batch and we catch it we have to redo them all and slows it down even more. We also are the only one to color match anyones choice and each is made to order....not mass produced in 2-3 colors.

So all I can say is the wait is long, but it is worth it if you want the best protection available. If not, go with one that lets 20-30-40% of the oil to pass right through if your investment is not worth the wait for the best.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #19
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Tracy - I have been waiting for mine for about 5 weeks now. The wait does not bother me because of the quality. I do have a suggestion though - perhaps get someone to build you a database of customers, their order date, and their e-mail address. Then have someone put out an e-mail once the orders have gone unfilled beyond a certain amount of time (4 wks maybe?). As I said, I don't mind waiting but if the vendor is proactive in letting me know what's going on, at least I don't feel forgotten. Hang in there and maintain your quality.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #20
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
As I stated previously, I have been waiting since 4/5 and I am willing to wait for its arrival.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #21
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Guys they have a First rate Catch Can, And excellant coustomer Service. IO've got both there Catch can and Vmax Throttle Body

When I can I plan on the I cel a tor and Plemun Spacer, but House comes first.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #22
GoEagles88

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Send a message via AIM to GoEagles88
I'll wait patiently for mine. The Elite can was $189. I don't think they car will die before I get it...
Old 05-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #23
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Bumblebee, please PM your name and address and we will refund you.

as I said earlier, I'm too deep in this ordeal to jump ship now. I'm sure my LSA is pretty soaked with oil vapor with the 900+ miles I've already put on the car. so waiting another week, or two or three or whenever my damn order ships won't make a difference now. what's done is done. my 2010's SS intake was insanely soaked with oil when we installed the Maggie and the engine only had 300 miles. there's no telling what 900 miles has done on my LSA engine.

I wouldn't be nowhere near as mad as I am had your company A) plainly stated these items were not in stock and B) had I not been told my order would ship on this date when it didn't. I am familiar with HTML web programming and I do know changing a few words on a website doesn't require a degree in IT to accomplish this task. I'm guessing this is something that has missed your attention and it keeps missing your attention. just post the approx shipping estimate dates so customers like myself do not depend on something that's obviously not going to arrive in a timely manner.

I'm also in the retail business but it's a rare thing that I let my customers down. however, when I do, I more than compensate them by giving the extra effort in making them feel like their disappointment was worth the let down. All I have from RX Performance is a more than likely oil soaked intake track and a few empty promises on product delivery.

^ not a very good batting average on your company's behalf.....
Old 05-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #24
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
what was the goal in the thread? You made the post, the company responded. They gave you an honest answer and not a run around. Thats pretty decent, but then you reply with something that sounds like you are looking for some kind of handout. This is the 3rd thread i came across in this forum where a member is bashing a vendor for a little piddly issue. There are other options on catch cans. wait or move on. simple.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
Old 05-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #25
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro View Post
what was the goal in the thread? You made the post, the company responded. They gave you an honest answer and not a run around. Thats pretty decent, but then you reply with something that sounds like you are looking for some kind of handout. This is the 3rd thread i came across in this forum where a member is bashing a vendor for a little piddly issue. There are other options on catch cans. wait or move on. simple.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #26
jordan 572

Drives: none
Although I didn't have the best experience Tracy did what he good to make it better. That's all I want, at least he tried, there is always going to be issues and people that can't be pleased. You must have some bad luck with your cars to have the manifolds soaked in 300 and 900 miles. I had 8,000 on my car when I installed mine, the manifold was just tacky, by no means soaked in oil. The rotors could use some oil anyway
Old 05-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #27
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
My first encounter last year was pretty good when I bought my RX catch can but I recently bought a Vmax TB and 1LE oil separator from Tracy and I've yet to receive it and can't get an actual update or tracking info from them.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #28
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Nutro, will ship the 1LE Monday....Hopefully your TB will be done then as well. Just did another all nighter and cant keep my eyes open. Doing all I can and appologize I can't do more.

Butters got to watch the catchcan assembly process first hand today so he can attest to how overworked we all are here.

Closed Thread