Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Question Best oem Camaro seats for the track?

As We know all Corvette's have the worst seats for the track, seats without any good lateral support (bolstering), all magazine writers complain about them. On the other hand the Cadillac CTS-V has great Recaro seats. Today I was glad to read on R&T, that the cloth seats on the Camaro 1LE have great lateral support on the track. Will this also apply to the leather ones?
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I read that too but there are no cloth seats available for the 1LE that I know of, black leather standard Ss seats only. I think they might have been refering to the 89 1LE. The COPO camaro seats are the only other OEM Camaro option but I do not know if they have airbags.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I read that too but there are no cloth seats available for the 1LE that I know of, black leather standard Ss seats only. I think they might have been refering to the 89 1LE. The COPO camaro seats are the only other OEM Camaro option but I do not know if they have airbags.
Yes, the 1LE option is available on the 1SS, which would be cloth seats. But they are the same exact seats as any other SS, whether leather or cloth, the 1LE does not have any kind of special seats. And the COPO seats (when available) look like they will be completely awesome track seat, but no, there are no airbags on them.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
As We know all Corvette's have the worst seats for the track, seats without any good lateral support (bolstering), all magazine writers complain about them. On the other hand the Cadillac CTS-V has great Recaro seats. Today I was glad to read on R&T, that the cloth seats on the Camaro 1LE have great lateral support on the track. Will this also apply to the leather ones?

I don't know about the lateral support but cloth will keep your butt planted better than leather (which is slippery).

The 1SS fabric is REALLY REALLY good. Its kind of a vertical courdoroy and provides great friction against sideways movement.

I had a "clubrace" vette last year and went totally out of my way to have the stock seats re-done in the 1SS material....no slide.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post
I don't know about the lateral support but cloth will keep your butt planted better than leather (which is slippery).

The 1SS fabric is REALLY REALLY good. Its kind of a vertical courdoroy and provides great friction against sideways movement.

I had a "clubrace" vette last year and went totally out of my way to have the stock seats re-done in the 1SS material....no slide.
Interesting!, that looks like a good idea.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote