Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #71
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
I think I'll loose the discounts like "safe driver discount" and other things.

I currently pay about $100 a month. If it goes up to $125 or even $150 I'm. Of worried about it. It's not as much that I don't think they will change, it's more that I don't think they will change enough for me to care.

As long as I don't ave to deal with the high risk insurance stuff I'll be fine with it.

Are you an insurance adjuster or something?
you won't be high risk unless they cite you with 45 over and reckless, and then suspend your license. one of the first question on any insurance application is "have you ever had your license suspended or revoked". and they ask that first for a reason. everything changes if you have to check yes on that one.

and no, never been an adjuster. but I've been buying insurance for almost 25 years, and have seen what the smallest infractions can do. the fact that your insuring a sports car isn't going to help either. insurance companies go on statistical models. and 30 yr old male in a sports car with speeding ticket isn't a good demographic to be in. but again, if your lawyer can get that charge down to something reasonable then you should be fine. but insurance companies look for any reason to raise your rates, and may have given them a hell of a one
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #72
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Anyone else surprised cops still ride around in tahoes and 2.7/3.5 chargers?
Old 12-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #73
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
Do you think the defense..."it's not that I haven't committed an armed robbery in a while, it's that I've never committed one before" would hold up?

43 mph over the limit isn't much different than 55 over the limit in the eyes of an insurance company....there's lots of people they can insure who don't have high speed violations and as such are less of a risk.
Please don't compare what I did to an armed robbery. but to address your idiotic comparison. Yes, i do think a prosecutor would treat a repeat armed robber different than a first time offender

I didn't state that was my defense, I was correcting him from taking what previously said out of context. He spoke similar to you as "its been awhile" rather than "this is a first offense"

You're right, a specific insurance agency doesn't have to insure me. And I don't have to be their customer.

I'm sure there is an insurance company that would be happy to take my money.

And your wrong about the 43 vs 55. Every attorney I've spoken with has said...good thing they didn't get you at 100 or higher, cause that's a whole other level and it's looked at much worse. So 1, 2, 5 and certainly 12 moh does matter
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #74
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
you won't be high risk unless they cite you with 45 over and reckless, and then suspend your license. one of the first question on any insurance application is "have you ever had your license suspended or revoked". and they ask that first for a reason. everything changes if you have to check yes on that one.

and no, never been an adjuster. but I've been buying insurance for almost 25 years, and have seen what the smallest infractions can do. the fact that your insuring a sports car isn't going to help either. insurance companies go on statistical models. and 30 yr old male in a sports car with speeding ticket isn't a good demographic to be in. but again, if your lawyer can get that charge down to something reasonable then you should be fine. but insurance companies look for any reason to raise your rates, and may have given them a hell of a one
Believe it or not my insurance went down with this car. My previous car was 60k or so new, I bought used for 40k.

It's cheaper to replace and repair from what I previously had
Old 12-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #75
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Msmall143, your car looks beautiful in that Avatar, PM me a link with more pics of your ride on this forum, if you have any on here that is, I think it looks tits!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #76
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Msmall143, your car looks beautiful in that Avatar, PM me a link with more pics of your ride on this forum, I think it looks tits!
Thanks man! I just installed a set of zl1 rockers and will be taking photos soon. You too, we almost have a matching set
Old 12-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #77
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
Anyone else surprised cops still ride around in tahoes and 2.7/3.5 chargers?
Because radio waves travel at the speed of light, they don't have to.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #78
Msmall143

Quote:
if your in VA then 20 mph over or any speed over 80 is reckless. but yes, as I said, a lot is going to depend on what your convicted of. a suspension or revocation is going to kill you if you end up with that. anyway, if your convicted of anything close to what you did, and you don't think your rates are going to change I still think your being overly optimistic. a camaro plus a pretty serious infraction is not a good thing where insurance is concerned. if you can lower it down to improper driving, minor speeding, or something like that you probably won't see much of an increase.
I just looked at my insurance rate and I currently pay about $830 a year for full coverage with a $500 deductible. Even at a %50 increas I'll be around $100 month which I'm fine with.

But I do agree now, it will likely go up.

However I did learn that insurance companies need to request a report, it is. Of sent directly to them.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #79
Cheeyuhh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
You can't stand them , really
You did wrong , they did their job
And you could have said that ,,,,,,the officers did their job , and probably saved me from doing bigger stupidities on a public road
Just try to learn from it , a move n with your life !
Dude READ THE FINE PRINT IN THE OTHER POST I MADE! I said "THE COP WHO ARRESTED ME WAS REALLY NICE"
Cheeyuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #80
Trekkie

Drives: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
Quote:
FYI...I'm pretty sure it will stay at reckless driving which is a misdemeanor. Not much you can argue to get out of 98 in a 55. This was on I-66 west at midnight coming home for a Xmas party.
Unless things have changed, you're screwed.

125 or 150 ? heh.

Try $225 or so, unless something has drastically changed when I was in my early 20s and had a couple of speeding tickets ( < 15 MPH over) and my '90 Pontiac Sunbird LE was $225 a month. In NC it's a mandatory 85% increase by state law. So be happy you're not here

Young Unmarried Males get hosed on insurance. If you're married, then that may not be as awful but if you're single then you're in for a shocker, not the good kind. You better get a lawyer, or you could be in some serious pain. State by state is so different hard to guess what will happen, but it won't be good.

/spirited but responsible driver hat on

Sorry but you were an idiot doing that at midnight in the dark. You couldn't have reacted to a deer, or anything in the road at that speed you were going faster than your headlights could light up. The cops are going to make sure they're there for the testimony, because that was super dumb

(says the guy who got an 84 in a 40 on Christmas Day ontop of a lake dam as an 18 year old)

and I like to drive >85MPH *all the time* but in the dark on a holiday evening, sheesh, that's super stupid man.
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #81
Cheeyuhh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
I have out foxed (run) the police twice when I was younger, wouldn't recommend trying to outrun them. Just adds another charge, and you risk so much more. (possibly death)

There won't be a next time will there?

Okay, I do suggest a lawyer, up here (in VA), I guarantee 2 people go to court for serious driving infractions, the one with the lawyer will get a huge break. Unfortunate for the poorer, they will get nailed.

Good luck, and hopefully a lesson learned and you don't repeat it.
Thanks man and Im not gonna lie the thought ran threw my mind when i was getting pulled over to out run them but i thought that would be a bad idea. No there will defiantly not be a next time. I realize the danger even when nobody is around. Thanks for the advice!
Cheeyuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #82
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
Unless things have changed, you're screwed.

125 or 150 ? heh.

Try $225 or so, unless something has drastically changed when I was in my early 20s and had a couple of speeding tickets ( < 15 MPH over) and my '90 Pontiac Sunbird LE was $225 a month. In NC it's a mandatory 85% increase by state law. So be happy you're not here

Young Unmarried Males get hosed on insurance. If you're married, then that may not be as awful but if you're single then you're in for a shocker, not the good kind. You better get a lawyer, or you could be in some serious pain. State by state is so different hard to guess what will happen, but it won't be good.

/spirited but responsible driver hat on

Sorry but you were an idiot doing that at midnight in the dark. You couldn't have reacted to a deer, or anything in the road at that speed you were going faster than your headlights could light up. The cops are going to make sure they're there for the testimony, because that was super dumb

(says the guy who got an 84 in a 40 on Christmas Day ontop of a lake dam as an 18 year old)

and I like to drive >85MPH *all the time* but in the dark fon a holiday evening, sheesh, that's super stupid man.
Deer aren't on this road in dc. It wasnt a holiday, it was a holiday party 2 weeks prior to Xmas.

Thanks for the name calling though...classy!

Did you even read the post that my speedo was off by more than 10 mph?

I dropped from 6th to 4th and punched it for 2-3 seconds on a 4 lane highway with not a car in site. Not defending my actions but an idiot I am not!

Your post offered zero intelligent insight
Old 12-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #83
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:

However I did learn that insurance companies need to request a report, it is. Of sent directly to them.
that's automatic. every time you renew they pull a copy of your driving record. you should get a copy of it, or list of whats on it, with you paper work.
Quote:
Deer aren't on this road in dc. It wasnt a holiday, it was a holiday party 2 weeks prior to Xmas.
lol, deer are everywhere in NOVA, very dangerous. but come on man, 2 weeks before Christmas at midnight? you know they're out looking for drunks coming home from parties.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #84
Msmall143

Quote:
that's automatic. every time you renew they pull a copy of your driving record. you should get a copy of it, or list of whats on it, with you paper work.

lol, deer are everywhere in NOVA, very dangerous. but come on man, 2 weeks before Christmas at midnight? you know they're out looking for drunks coming home from parties.
So basically I'm done arguing about it. I've never seen a deer on 66 where 495 merges. So if it wasn't around the holidays what I was doing was ok?

You guys weren't in the car! I wasn't going this speed for mile on end. I didn't do anything radical

I just got the car, first time I was on an open highway. And got on it a bit with no other civilians on the road.

Pushing the limits of a car is dangerous. Going 90-100 for a split second I don't think as much.

The problem is the severity of the punishment. I will go to jail and this is costing thousands. If I did the same thing in maryland it's a $200 speeding ticket