Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #15
kmart

Drives: 2010 Camaro Cyber Grey 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BplumCrazy-SS View Post
i say alky or devil...... I've heard the snow are not 100% meth compatible.................. oh and you gonna need more than meth to keep up with my new build kmart lol
can't wait to see it
Old 06-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #16
kmart

Drives: 2010 Camaro Cyber Grey 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
Had my ECS kit use the stock washer tank converted for meth.
Lower Right.
that is what I'm going to do same thing
Old 06-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #17
Andy-AMSOIL

Drives: bicycle
Man am I scarred of methanol injection like if the witch came out at night,, pump seals failing or pumps quit working after time nothing the installer or pump manufacturer can do about that parts always fail, and once you don't have meth spraying to cool the charge temps go up fast and detonation occurs. unless the kit has some real good failsafe's I would recommend going e85 or have two maps one with pump and other with race gas.
Andy-AMSOIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #18
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredAVS View Post
I went with Alky control and the AIS trunk kit. Just dropped off the car at Lethal Racing to get the blower installed with the meth kit and a few other things.

Car is pretty much finished up awaiting Shawn to put a consecutive tune on it.

ePhone
That truly is the Best/Cleanest setup IMO.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:59 PM   #19
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-AMSOIL View Post
Man am I scarred of methanol injection like if the witch came out at night,, pump seals failing or pumps quit working after time nothing the installer or pump manufacturer can do about that parts always fail, and once you don't have meth spraying to cool the charge temps go up fast and detonation occurs. unless the kit has some real good failsafe's I would recommend going e85 or have two maps one with pump and other with race gas.
Fail safe built in. If meth doesn't spray it fails flat on its face and you'll get a red light instead of green.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #20
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Yep, only an issue if your tuner doesn't know what they are doing.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #21
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
Fail safe built in. If meth doesn't spray it fails flat on its face and you'll get a red light instead of green.
Something i do everyday before driving the car to check the system is: Start up the car, open the glove box, push the test button on the Alky controller and note the AFR drop and IAT plunge as the car slightly bogs down. Just one step in my checklist everytime i take the car out.

Helps ensure "piece of mind" it also primes the lines to make sure the meth is right there....and yes, i do have a checkvalve in the line.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #22
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-AMSOIL View Post

I agree,.. What ever happened to running the freon into the intercooler? Norwood racing/Norwood Ferrari in dallas was making some badass custom intercoolers back in the 90s. he had the little 3.2 liter 328 ferrari making 1000hp safely.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #23
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Do a little research on pump types. The Chevy world is full of guys who think the Alky system is so good. The RV water pumps they use are unacceptable by most people who are really in the know. These days if your kit isn't using a recirculating style pump you are way behind the times. And your nozzle really should have a built in check valve that is big and high flow that can't get clogged.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #24
Bubble85

Drives: 2012 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Do a little research on pump types. The Chevy world is full of guys who think the Alky system is so good. The RV water pumps they use are unacceptable by most people who are really in the know. These days if your kit isn't using a recirculating style pump you are way behind the times. And your nozzle really should have a built in check valve that is big and high flow that can't get clogged.
What kit would you recomend?
Bubble85 is offline   Reply With Quote