Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #29
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
There can be trophys for "unmodified" or stock cars. Some people put 100's or 1000's of hours restoring their older Camaros to 100% stock, and do indeed deserve a trophy. But a trophy for a car driven from the dealer, cleaned up and driven to a car show- I do question that.
I take my new Camaro to shows and have people all over it, but do I deserve a trophy ?. I don't think so.
+1000.

I don't believe brand new cars should EVER be allowed to win a trophy. You shouldn't be rewarded for driving your car from the dealer to the car show. People who have invested some time and money keeping their old cars in both good interior and exterior condition should be winning the trophies.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #30
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
Congrats on the trophy !!

To those of you complaining... What is your deal !! Stop harpin on a fellow enthusiast for enjoyin his car.. He didn't vote himself into winning a trophy.. The people there voted. They have the right to choose for themselves. And theres nothing wrong with sharing his joy & suprise @ winning. Whether the voting is logical to you or not... I can think of other votes that don't seem logical butt certain things aren't allowed on here.
Either way, people should go to car shows for the cars.. Not for the trophies. I wouldn't be all sore about not gettin a trophy just because I had spent years restoring my vehicle.. I would be proud of my work and proud to get a chance to share it and see what others have done.

An un-modified Camaro is still a work of art... Someone still worked on that car real hard.. Someone still poured hourssss into its design, its assembly etc... Theres still blood & sweat in this car too stock or modded.

I think the fact that Stock camaro's are winning so many trophy's says HEAPS for the design of the car. (Yeah I know the typical response will be something along the lines of... "well it's only because of the hype and cuz it's new, just wait till they are all over the place") But thats poop. I bet you people still drool when they see them driving around more frequently. When a car is this sweet.... A sweet car is a sweet car regardless of how many are out there.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #31
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Ditto.........
Old 09-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #32
Bullitt

Drives: Horse & Buggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
An un-modified Camaro is still a work of art... Someone still worked on that car real hard.. Someone still poured hourssss into its design, its assembly etc... Theres still blood & sweat in this car too stock or modded.
So send the trophy to GM. They're the ones that deserve it.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #33
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Nice man, hold that thing with some pride.............you won it..........it's a major award! (Christmas Story Reference)
LOVE THAT MOVIE...still LMAO every time I see it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd24 View Post
Congratulations ! Glad to see your win and another win for a 5th Generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
Congrats hope the trophy didn't scratch the hood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Congrats on the trophy !!

To those of you complaining... What is your deal !! Stop harpin on a fellow enthusiast for enjoyin his car.. He didn't vote himself into winning a trophy.. The people there voted. They have the right to choose for themselves. And there's nothing wrong with sharing his joy & suprise @ winning. Whether the voting is logical to you or not... I can think of other votes that don't seem logical but certain things aren't allowed on here.
Either way, people should go to car shows for the cars.. Not for the trophies. I wouldn't be all sore about not gettin a trophy just because I had spent years restoring my vehicle.. I would be proud of my work and proud to get a chance to share it and see what others have done.

An un-modified Camaro is still a work of art... Someone still worked on that car real hard.. Someone still poured hourssss into its design, its assembly etc... There's still blood & sweat in this car too stock or modded.

I think the fact that Stock Camaros are winning so many trophies says HEAPS for the design of the car. (Yeah I know the typical response will be something along the lines of... "well it's only because of the hype and cuz it's new, just wait till they are all over the place") But thats poop. I bet you people still drool when they see them driving around more frequently. When a car is this sweet.... A sweet car is a sweet car regardless of how many are out there.
AGREED!!!...

CONGRATS to you and your Camaro...I am very happy for you...
Old 09-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #34
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
Congrats hope the trophy didn't scratch the hood

lol thinking the same thing...

it should have that layer of felt on the bottom though...
Old 09-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #35
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
thanks mayhem and the others
MSG' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #36
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
There can be trophys for "unmodified" or stock cars. Some people put 100's or 1000's of hours restoring their older Camaros to 100% stock, and do indeed deserve a trophy. But a trophy for a car driven from the dealer, cleaned up and driven to a car show- I do question that.
I take my new Camaro to shows and have people all over it, but do I deserve a trophy ?. I don't think so.
Yeah and some people go to Barrett Jackson and buy a classic car to take around to shows.

Same difference I guess.

If you wanna bitch at someone, bitch to the event coordinators for lumping all the cars into one class.

So congrats on the win MSG
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:10 AM   #37
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
Yeah and some people go to Barrett Jackson and buy a classic car to take around to shows.

Same difference I guess.
Yes, one of the three major Barrett-Jackson auctions, or the several Russo and Steele, RM, Kruse, Mecum, etc. auctions that sell thousands and thousands of cars every year. I don't now where people get the idea that every old car at a show was restored by, or the restoration was paid for by the person that entered it.

I also wonder how many of the nay-sayers have ever put on a car show and managed the entire show, sourced the sponsors/dash plaques/trophys/T-shirts/goodie bags/door prizes/printed out flyers/devised classes/aquired insurance/lined up food and other vendors/Dj's-entertainment/judging of the cars, etc., etc. It's a WHOLE lot harder than some people think. Could they do any better?

Congrats to the OP on his trophy!!!!!!!
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #38
MSG'

thanks buddy
Old 09-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #39
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
heck if you can get a trophy go for it , I wouldn't turn one down
Old 09-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #40
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Yes, one of the three major Barrett-Jackson auctions, or the several Russo and Steele, RM, Kruse, Mecum, etc. auctions that sell thousands and thousands of cars every year. I don't now where people get the idea that every old car at a show was restored by, or the restoration was paid for by the person that entered it.

I also wonder how many of the nay-sayers have ever put on a car show and managed the entire show, sourced the sponsors/dash plaques/trophys/T-shirts/goodie bags/door prizes/printed out flyers/devised classes/aquired insurance/lined up food and other vendors/Dj's-entertainment/judging of the cars, etc., etc. It's a WHOLE lot harder than some people think. Could they do any better?

Congrats to the OP on his trophy!!!!!!!
I got caught in one of these car show threads in July. The "Car Show Police" got so bad the thread had to be closed. I sat next to a guy at one show that had a beautiful fully restored '49 with a killer flame job. I complimented him on it, and he said"Thanks, but it came that way. I've done nothing to it." So enjoy your trophy! I set mine (Best of 1990-current) on my engine block with a cloth under it to prevent slippage!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #41
MSG'

its been fairly polite thread, nothing serious.

I was very careful when I placed the trophy on the hood, and took it off lol
Old 09-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #42
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
To those of you complaining... What is your deal !! Stop harpin on a fellow enthusiast for enjoyin his car.. He didn't vote himself into winning a trophy.. The people there voted. They have the right to choose for themselves. And theres nothing wrong with sharing his joy & suprise @ winning. Whether the voting is logical to you or not... I can think of other votes that don't seem logical butt certain things aren't allowed on here.
So you can post your opinions but others can't? He can share his joy all he wants but it's a free country buddy. Stop harpin on people who don't agree with what YOU think.

Some people here believe that brand new stock cars shouldn't be winning trophies at car shows. Good for him winning, but he didn't have to DO anything. Personally I didn't take my car to the local car show on the grounds that it's offensive to the people who spend their time restoring/preserving older cars, and when the big day comes they might lose to some kid who drove his new car over from the dealer.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote