Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #29
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Did GM do that on the ZL1 wheels? Sorry, newbie to Camaros
Well, they forged the word 'Camaro' on them, that was on the black 10 spoke wheel. On the polished 5 spoke wheel, it has ZL1 forged in. If it's on this prototype, it should make production.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #30
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
The top half of the rear end and the hood insert
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #31
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Well, they forged the word 'Camaro' on them, that was on the black 10 spoke wheel. On the polished 5 spoke wheel, it has ZL1 forged in. If it's on this prototype, it should make production.
Thanks for the info

That one photo says so much about how serious this car is and how it's for driving, not for posing. So much tasty delicious functionality of everything in it. Man, I have monumental respect for the team that is responsible for this car and the courage of management to give it the go-ahead.
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #32
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by carman II View Post
Interesting that the torque is quoted as 500 ft-lbs here vs 470 on the Z06.
And they used the word "over" for both HP and Torque. My guess is a real 540/510.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #33
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I absolutely LOVE that matte white!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #34
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
And they used the word "over" for both HP and Torque. My guess is a real 540/510.
What factors would you consider for them to reach those numbers over what the Z06 had?

Old 04-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #35
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
What factors would you consider for them to reach those numbers over what the Z06 had?
Mostly gut, but saying torque is OVER 500 puts it at 510(?). That's 40 more add 40 to 500 HP and you get 540. Also considering the comments regarding the ZL1 and it ended up being 580. Again a guess, but a slightly educated one.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #36
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Some of the best pics I have seen yet of the new King of the Hill Camaro. I love this car and wish I had the coin to buy one when it is out. The only thing I noticed is that the rear spoiler kind of looks like an after thought, it just doesn't seem to fit the trunk lines all that well, to much of a gap on the ends. I know it's designed like this and probably there is some aero reasoning for it though.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #37
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I absolutely LOVE that matte white!
....me too! Strange that they built a pre-production model, debuted it with a press release, with much fanfare I ad....and we are hearing the color is not going to be available? There is a Cadillac color I have seen recently similar to the matte white on the Z/28. I don't remember Chevy unveiling a car before in a major introduction with a color that is not available.....they have to put this color on the Z/28....even if it's the only color they offer....it seperates the other colors and features of the car perfectly. This is the color I wan't for sure....!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
...yes Chance, two different mentions of TQ and HP,....and we like the later much, much more ,...with it being over 500 on both....!!

Thanks to the OP< Great pics!!!> Too bad you don't have more.....and since this is a pre-production car wiith only a portion of it described in detail, there are other things we will find out as we move forward. Things can be added, changed, and other goodies disclosed. What I am not sure of is what the lower front fascia cutout has in it where a DRL would go....it looks like a one piece mold or a cover by the pics...
Old 04-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #38
carman II

Drives: 87 IROC Z, 91 Z28, 2013 1LE
So with +500 hp and torque on the Z28, could it be the highest factory rated n/a domestic V-8?
carman II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #39
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Some of the best pics I have seen yet of the new King of the Hill Camaro. I love this car and wish I had the coin to buy one when it is out. The only thing I noticed is that the rear spoiler kind of looks like an after thought, it just doesn't seem to fit the trunk lines all that well, to much of a gap on the ends. I know it's designed like this and probably there is some aero reasoning for it though.
If you look at the spoiler closely, you'll notice it's the ZL1 spoiler on a slight 'roid program They added an approximate 1" lip height to it in the back and eliminated the CHMSL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....me too! Strange that they built a pre-production model, debuted it with a press release, with much fanfare I ad....and we are hearing the color is not going to be available? There is a Cadillac color I have seen recently similar to the matte white on the Z/28. I don't remember Chevy unveiling a car before in a major introduction with a color that is not available.....they have to put this color on the Z/28....even if it's the only color they offer....it seperates the other colors and features of the car perfectly. This is the color I wan't for sure....!

...yes Chance, two different mentions of TQ and HP,....and we like the later much, much more ,...with it being over 500 on both....!!

Thanks to the OP< Great pics!!!> Too bad you don't have more.....and since this is a pre-production car wiith only a portion of it described in detail, there are other things we will find out as we move forward. Things can be added, changed, and other goodies disclosed. What I am not sure of is what the lower front fascia cutout has in it where a DRL would go....it looks like a one piece mold or a cover by the pics...
Thank you for the compliments. I took a total of 187 pictures while at the Javitz Center and then went to the 9/11 site to see for the first time (very sombering) and had taken approximately 10 additional pictures before the battery died. Needless to say, I would have loved to have taken more pics, but being at the show, the Corvette also shared top billing (along with a number of high end vehicles) I've ordered another battery for the next occasion to be bettered prepared

Old 04-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #40
Terryble

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS M6
I waited so long to purchase my "dream" car... and 1 year later they do this...

i know i know, every year there will be something better and blah blah blah... i understand that and this wouldnt be so bad if it werent for the fact that this is pretty much exactly how i want to build my car with maybe smoe mior visual modifications...
Terryble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #41
jerro

Drives: camaro
I don't know what it is about that color, but I love it.
jerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #42
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerro View Post
I don't know what it is about that color, but I love it.
2 things, it's unique and it's on a Z/28!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote