Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-29-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Scosche Kit installed now my amps wont turn off?

Hey guys,

So I finally got the scosche kit installed, everything is working good now but my amps stay on forever now. Should should power down once you open the door when the key is out of the ignition and also if I power down the stereo, the amps should power down.

Is there a setting in the deck that im missing or do they just take a really long time to shutdown? With the stock stereo and factory harness, the amps shutdown after I pulled the key and opened the door.

I'm gonna have a dead battery soon if I dont figure this out quick. For reference, the stock amp thats in the corner in the trunk also still on. The reason I know this is because when everything is shutdown, I can still hear a faint hiss coming from the center channel speaker.

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:12 PM   #2
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

I just verified that when I deattach the main harness wire (the one with a large lever that releases the entire harness) all amps have the power cut to them and dead silence so maybe there is something wrong with my wire harness somehow that interacts with the rear stock camaro amp?

Also, if I unplug the headunit, I can still hear the hiss from the stock amp coming through the center channel speaker.

My other two amps are connected to the camaro stock amp so if its on then my two dedicated amps will be on as well. This is very bad and I will have a dead battery soon if I dont get this fixed.

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 03-29-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

I think I may have a bad wiring harness, when I disconnect the master connector piece, all amps shut off, when I reconnect it, they come back on again (this is without even having the headunit connected). So I'm getting power to my stock amp regardless whether a headunit is connected or not and that shouldnt be.

There is a blue white con amp wire, I have that connected from the harness to the headunit.

So fustrated now..

Old 03-30-2015, 07:32 AM   #4
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Sad to see their kits are still causing issues. Sorry man. :-(