Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #15
indyfaithful

Drives: 2011 Camaro Vert
Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
Your lucky. Mine shiped on april 18th to WI and its still on the train as of today.
Despite the defect...It was so worth the wait! Your time is coming soon!!!

Indyfaithful
indyfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #16
picard2112
picard2112

Drives: 2005 Tacoma/2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM
My car needed a new transmission before I took delivery....I was not happy....but they made it right. Don't worry they will make it right for you as well.
picard2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #17
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Good luck with the fix, I feel your pain of wanting it to be perfect and it's not.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #18
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfaithful View Post
Got my vert last week and noticed that when the top is down it sits very uneven. The passenger side is about an inch above the well lip while the driver side is perfectly even with the lip. Tonneau fits over it but is noticably higher on the passenger side.

Anyone else have or have seen this issue? Thoughts?

You're not alone, I have the same issue and it has settled in but something tells me its probably not a good thing.

I have a little laundry list of stuff to have the dealer check out but I'm waiting for my first oil change to minimize the back/forth hassles.

Until then, I'm just enjoying the hell out of my car.
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #19
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
There's something REALLY wrong with those pictures earlier...

I can't quite seem to put my finger on it...

Oh wait...

That's it...it's MANNING FACE!

Old 05-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #20
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfaithful View Post
Starts coming a bit crokked about the halfway point and then is clearly off when the cycle ends.
Sounds like my wife...

Not to sound like Mr. Obvious, but did ya ever just push it down a little with your hand??? Mine did the same thing a couple times; then after "manually" adjusting once or twice no problems. Just remember, sometimes the cure is worse than the illness. Don't sweat the small stuff....yet
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #21
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
There's also a 'glitch' thread for catch all problems (such as mine having two bad mufflers), though I think there are more 'top problem' threads than anything else. Mine caught once and went uneven, I just put it back and reset the cycle and it took care of itself. I doubt that your solution would be as easy, but as Pony said, sometimes things just need a bit of manual stimulation for things to work themselves out. (Ok, he didn't say THAT exactly)

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
indyfaithful, have you thought about calling around to dealers in your area (or your preferred driving radius) to see if any of them have seen this issue or an issue like this? I hope this is a simple fix for you. If the dealer is unable to resolve the issue please contact me and I will do what I can to assist you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #23
indyfaithful

Drives: 2011 Camaro Vert
First, Steve Dallas (man I loved Bloom County) Don't be a hater :-).
Pony, thats the exact same comment I made to my wife when I typed it!

The fix is in. Easy fix but they had to remove the back seat to do it. Seems all of the hydraulic adjustements are well hidden behind the seat and once removed the top can be "teaked" rather easily.

Bottom Line: Top seats perfectly now and I am back to being a very happy camper!

Indyfaithful
indyfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #24
Justification

Drives: Red 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Sounds like my wife...

Not to sound like Mr. Obvious, but did ya ever just push it down a little with your hand??? Mine did the same thing a couple times; then after "manually" adjusting once or twice no problems. Just remember, sometimes the cure is worse than the illness. Don't sweat the small stuff....yet
Now that sounds like MY wife
Justification is offline   Reply With Quote