Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #113
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Bump for anyone who will offer their headers for tests

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #114
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alot9439 View Post
Would a lawsuit be on valid grounds if a person bought their product and tested them ? and compared them. Its like saying person "A" bought a car and pulled the engine and tested it and it was making less than advertised would the car company sue him ?
I don't know how this stuff (lawsuits) work as far as what makes them valid. I would think that an individual could buy a set of headers and then report his/her gains on a forum. But I'm not soo sure a company could do such a thing without permission. Especially if the company were to conduct a comparison of several different brands. I don't know tho...hopefully someone with more knowledge can jump in and school us. But I wouldn't put it past a company to threaten a lawsuit over such a comparison.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #115
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Alot-

Please, there are enough lawsuits in this greedy nation, let's not go down that path. Not exactly sure where you were going, I don't see why a supplier would sue the tester, that would backfire. But let's not sue our suppliers. Vote with your pocketbook
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #116
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
I'm thinking that if a header company offers a set of headers to participate in a test or comparison, then that offer itself takes away their ability to disput or sue anyone for false claims.
On the flip side, if a person offers their own headers off of their car to be thrown into a comparison of different brand headers and then the outcome is not considered fair to the manufacturer, all that a person would have to say is this is the results from my test and it's my opinion that's the tests where done fairly.
As long as they are not slandering the company itself and just stating facts they would be fine.
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #117
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
I'm willing to bet no manufacturer is going to offer a set for test purposes. We as a community would have to buy them via small individual donations.

Or....

There are probably enough SS owners in th TX area with all different types of headers. Maybe there are enough members there that could turn a wrench and take them off and reinstall them for the purpose of the test.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #118
Alot9439

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Alot-

Please, there are enough lawsuits in this greedy nation, let's not go down that path. Not exactly sure where you were going, I don't see why a supplier would sue the tester, that would backfire. But let's not sue our suppliers. Vote with your pocketbook
I was not going any where I was just trying to contradict what was stated earlier about threats of lawsuits. I too don't understand how they work but I just gave my opinion on it. I have no hidden intentions at all and if anything I find the vendors on here to be the best of bunch they go above and beyond.I have no intention of going down "that path" As you stated earlier and I do apologize if I was not clear. I see this test as something that would put things into prospective for future buyers, and as far as claimed hp their are a lot of variables involved and as such I take them as is; suing in such cases is just silly. And as far as voting with my pocketbook I am welling to get a set of SP headers for the test which I plan to install on my car later on. And once again I NEVER SAID SUE OUR VENDERS so please don't put things in my mouth . I hope I made what I meant clear and I do appoligize if my lack of sufficent explanation caused you confusion

Last edited by Alot9439; 08-19-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Alot9439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #119
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alot9439 View Post
I was not going any where I was just trying to contradict what was stated earlier about threats of lawsuits. I too don't understand how they work but I just gave my opinion on it. I have no hidden intentions at all and if anything I find the vendors on here to be the best of bunch they go above and beyond.I have no intention of going down "that path" As you stated earlier and I do apologize if I was not clear. I see this test as something that would put things into prospective for future buyers, and as far as claimed hp their are a lot of variables involved and as such I take them as is; suing in such cases is just silly. And as far as voting with my pocketbook I am welling to get a set of SP headers for the test which I plan to install on my car later on. And once again I NEVER SAID SUE OUR VENDERS so please don't put things in my mouth . I hope I made what I meant clear and I do appoligize if my lack of sufficent explanation caused you confusion
Oops, my bad. I should have read the rest of the thread. Yes, we are on the same page.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #120
Alot9439

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Oops, my bad. I should have read the rest of the thread. Yes, we are on the same page.
No problem man
Alot9439 is offline   Reply With Quote