Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-17-2015, 12:49 PM   #57
1989GTA

Drives: 1989 GTA Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I bet they are running into performance issues. The LS7 manifolds shows improvement more readily than the LS3.

GM did a hell of a job designing the LS3 manifold so improvements are hard to come by. Hopefully when it does hit the streets it runs well.

I don't care about how they get there whatever manifold is the best when I'm ready to do my heads/cam/manifold is the one I'm going to buy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
This is what I have been thinking all along and that is why the LS3 will be the last one out. The Vararam appears like it will have the most gains. We shall see.
1989GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #58
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989GTA View Post
This is what I have been thinking all along and that is why the LS3 will be the last one out. The Vararam appears like it will have the most gains. We shall see.
Really whatever comes out first is the winner. Right now the only polymer manifold that exists for the LS3 is the FAST. So they are the one to beat...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2015, 08:26 PM   #59
1989GTA

Drives: 1989 GTA Trans Am
I did some checking at Summit Racing. It looks like the LS1 version is in stock and ready to ship. The LS7 version is a week out if ordered today. The LS3 version has no estimated ship date so it looks like the last to come to market at an undetermined date.

Another thing is I did some internet search and I cannot find any dyno reports except for the LS7 one by Cunningham Motorsports. There is one on LS1Tech with a blower but not NA. You would think by now there would be a lot of dyno reports out there.
1989GTA is offline   Reply With Quote