Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #29
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCompiler View Post
Good to hear. TSP headers and cats is my next mod!
Oh yea. Zero complaints. Great fit, great sound, and power. 100% satisfied.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #30
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I think it should be done by some willing, witnessing enthusiasts on an engine dyno in a temperature controlled room if possible - it might take the day- but well worth it in my opinion. Hot Rod magazine, where art thou?
Old 08-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #31
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Ok, dont kill me. But I find it funny how many will bash the hell out of noobs that dont use the search button....but get a thread on headers or engine oil started and OMG!
To that end, I say to you...
There are sooooo many header/dyno threads its crazy. I figure if you will believe every thing you read on the internet.....you shouldnt own a muscle car. Just look around you....its pretty obvious that most all LT's make xxhp and xxtq within a hp/tq or 2........same with shorties.

That being said, I think this is a great idea. It will put a few myths to rest.
But I think it will be tough because no 2 cars are the same....and trying to swap a bunch of headers on one car could be exhausting. Ha! I said exhausting....
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #32
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA View Post
Am I the only one sick of all the snake oil dyno claims from companies on their headers. I'd be happy to setup the engine dyno so we can do a side by side engine dyno comparison on every header available if some of you guys want to do it. I've already done the testing on a lot of brands before, but I'd be happy to do it with a few camaro5 guys if we can get some guys that want to come down and help.

That's the best way to get a good honest side by side comparison.....
It takes good, forward thinking organizations to do stuff like this in a world of limited resources. But those that do advance hobbies and sciences while others are just around for the ride.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #33
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Ok, dont kill me. But I find it funny how many will bash the hell out of noobs that dont use the search button....but get a thread on headers or engine oil started and OMG!
To that end, I say to you...
There are sooooo many header/dyno threads its crazy. I figure if you will believe every thing you read on the internet.....you shouldnt own a muscle car. Just look around you....its pretty obvious that most all LT's make xxhp and xxtq within a hp/tq or 2........same with shorties.

That being said, I think this is a great idea. It will put a few myths to rest.
But I think it will be tough because no 2 cars are the same....and trying to swap a bunch of headers on one car could be exhausting. Ha! I said exhausting....
They won't be on a chassis dyno, the tests will be on the engine dyno. Better controlled environment for a more consistent test.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #34
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
comparing apples to apples finally!!
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #35
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
It won't happen...look what JRE had to do to do this years ago.
I say everyone is close...shop smart. Don't spend $1400 on something that gets u the same gains as $500.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #36
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
It won't happen...look what JRE had to do to do this years ago.
I say everyone is close...shop smart. Don't spend $1400 on something that gets u the same gains as $500.
EXACTLY! ^^
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:02 AM   #37
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Look people, Jason is offering to do this on an ENGINE dyno with WITNESS' from OUR OWN COMMUNITY. Sure, he makes headers but he will not be able to fudge numbers with folks that know what they are doing looking over his shoulder. Do you honestly think if Little88, Camarojt or Nightmare2012 is standing over his shoulder they are going to let him get away with anything? They would bust his balls in a HEARTBEAT!!!!!!! Hell, put a video camera in the room and record the whole phucking thing if anyone is worried about it. Any hijinks will be caught on camera!!!!!

Some of you folks are way too cynical. Jason is offering to do this on his own dime.

Will the header companies step up? Only time will tell.

Jason, I say go for it. I trust your integrity.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #38
Alot9439

Drives: 2SS RS
hey jason, I am more than intrested to do this I will be ordering a set of SP headers soon when I am back in lubbock ( should be in lubbock by the 24th or so) . I would be more than welling to see you test them on a engine dyno . should be a good test since they are considered a budget header.
Alot9439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:37 AM   #39
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
If a member came on here and went to the marketplace on this forum and started a thread to sell something and made outrageous claims, we'd call him a liar and he'd be ridiculed. In my book, a lie is a lie. Whether it comes from a manufacturer advertising their product or an individual selling a used part. A lie is a lie. Yet it has become acceptable over the years to allow companies to continuously lie about their products. And to make matters worse, they are protected from being called out or even questioned. It isn't fair and they should be held to the same standards that everyone else is. I'm not calling any specific company out, but I've seen some flat out lies from a lot of different manufacturers of different parts.

I personally would love to see this comparison. And I would take a vacation from work (I've got a TON of vacation time) to participate provided there was ample notice and a reasonably close location. I'm definitely interested.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:55 AM   #40
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Jason, I'll make up some headers on my crush bender to use as a baseline.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #41
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
I just hope this offer doesn't end up like the cam test he did. Jason said it was no gains, but called him a liar pretty much cause some morons said the graph showed differently.

Like Tbone said, why risk ALL OF his respect and integrity after all these years in the LsX community even sponsoring them and lie about a damn header?
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #42
Country Boy

Drives: Eh..
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post

Best reply here. They will all be within a couple numbers from each other. The only differences you will see is if some changed primary length drastically, velocity spikes or high velocity merge collectors.

If it makes you happy to pay that extra $1000 for the extra 3 hp, go for it.

Paying $1400 for headers is insane IMO when almost $1k is profit.
Sent from my S-fo'.
Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote