Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Cool When will the forums bow to the 6th Gen?

So while all of us 5th Gen folks relish in our glory of C5 domination....when will these forums be converted into the 6th Gen Camaro forums?

Or will the 5th Gen continue to dominate the masses here at C5?

I can't believe the aftermarket of any new Camaro surpassing what we have here on the 5th Gen's anytime soon.

I was just thinking how weird it's going to be to have to redirect to a 6th Gen domain and find some sub forum way down the bottom to continue my daily dose of Camaro crack cocaine!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I believe the owner of camaro5 also owns the name camaro6. So I assume there will be a new forum before long.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
So while all of us 5th Gen folks relish in our glory of C5 domination....when will these forums be converted into the 6th Gen Camaro forums?

Or will the 5th Gen continue to dominate the masses here at C5?

I can't believe the aftermarket of any new Camaro surpassing what we have here on the 5th Gen's anytime soon.

I was just thinking how weird it's going to be to have to redirect to a 6th Gen domain and find some sub forum way down the bottom to continue my daily dose of Camaro crack cocaine!

Getting older is much the same way. Once you were the top dog and eventually no one listens or comes around much. Unless of course they need something from you.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #4
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Also, I don't see any reason for camaro5 to end up as a sub forum to another site. There are will be a ton of gen 5 owners out there for a very long time.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Tran owns Camaro5, Camaro6, Camaro7..... ect. I'm sure there is a plan and all of us 5th gen owners won't get looked over. From a business stand point failing to plan is planning to fail.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:29 AM   #6
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I don't think we will be a small sub forum. The reason the 4th gen is such a small sub is because Chevy took a break from the Camaro... for 8 years no new Camaros were bought or made. When 2016s come out people will have just bought their 2015s, or still buy their 2015s. I know people still buying the 13s new

but it will definitely be a weird change. camaro6 doesn't sound as catchy either
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:28 AM   #7
tom231

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I believe the owner of camaro5 also owns the name camaro6. So I assume there will be a new forum before long.
Not to change the subject, but.... Do they own/run this forum as well? http://www.f150forum.com/

I'm a member of both, and they are very, very similar.
tom231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:42 AM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom231 View Post
Not to change the subject, but.... Do they own/run this forum as well? http://www.f150forum.com/

I'm a member of both, and they are very, very similar.
No.

Both forums are just using the same basic vbulletin layout which is why they look similar. If you go to other forums that run off of vbulletin, you'll see they all pretty much look alike.

As for the op, this question has already been answered before. Camaro5 isn't going anywhere. When the 6th gen gets announced there will be a separate Camaro6 forum.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:17 AM   #9
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
I can't see the 5th gen enthusiasm dying out unless Chevy hits a grand slam with the 6th gen. Lets hope they don't have a 4th gen brain fart!
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote