Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #57
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Dont sweat it bro. A lot of people only know the name brand or whats hot/
I have been researching the afe intake for a month. its seems like it might be the go to, I have been going back and forth between the rotofab and this one. there just isnt a lot of info out there besides what is on there website. I know the Hellcat among others use the afe so it cant be to bad. I think a lot of companies dont even want the afe brought up because the know the deal.
I am looking forward to seeing the AFE data logs. I know very little about their system so I try to keep them out of my discussion. If they make power without skewing AFR @ WOT then kudos to them, because it is a very tough thing to do with this car. However, I will say that based on looks alone, AFE seems to have done some things right with this system.

Time will tell. If months go by with no word of 3rd party testing and gains, we can probably throw them in the pile of others. However they could very well have something valuable to offer.

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #58
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
I am looking forward to seeing the AFE data logs. I know very little about their system so I try to keep them out of my discussion. If they make power without skewing AFR @ WOT then kudos to them, because it is a very tough thing to do with this car. However, I will say that based on looks alone, AFE seems to have done some things right with this system.

Time will tell. If months go by with no word of 3rd party testing and gains, we can probably throw them in the pile of others. However they could very well have something valuable to offer.

Michael
+1.im giving them until the end of the month. Or its rotofab for the win.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #59
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I am watching the Rotofab. Even if I can get 10 real HP with that one it will be worth it since I love the sound.

Looking forward to Ted's tests. And If it works out I will buy a CAI from Ted. It's only fair. There are a number of good tuners. But Ted shares more than most. Pay it forward.
I did not end up buying my Rotofab from JRE (Ted). They did not have it when I wanted to try it. But I still did end up buying parts from him. See it here:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472259

Even though everyone says you do not get much from boltons, my M6 was the second bolton M6 SS in the 11s. Now depending on the air and consistent launching my M6 SS is running with the SS autos, high 11s to 12.0s. This will not be cheap even if you install yourself, but you do get results. If you subtract the cost of the A8 option the bolt-ons come out not quite as expensive and you have more driving fun, at least to me.

Make sure you get coated LTs.

I know what you are going to say, get a supercharger instead. But adding a supercharger or turbos to an SS is not for me. Lots of reasons for this decision, been there done that. If I go FI with a Camaro it will be on a ZL1.

Ted also tested the Rotofab by itself compared to stock. See below. As for me I only have experience with CAI and Rotofab CAIs. That GM choose the CAI as thier air intake speaks for itself in terms of quality and performance. While Rotofab is not the only high quality CAI, here is why I chose the Rotofab:
  • High quality part
  • I thought the Rotofab would produce a power gain from stock, it did.
  • I love the look of the huge box and filter.
  • I can get rid of the awful sound tube soundwise
  • It opens up a path for wires to pass through the firewall
  • Cleaner under hood look minus the sound tube
  • A good overall base as part of the plan for more power. For me perhaps E85, Heads and Cam.
Base stock M6 numbers: 429 RWHP 436 RWTQ represented by the black lines in all of the dyno graphs.

Test 2 STOCK VS ROTOFAB DRY. 435 RWHP 438 RWTQ

Peak to peak gains are +6 RWHP + 3 RWTQ
Delta gains are + 6 RWHP +5 RWTQ

Last edited by Fraxum; 11-13-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:44 AM   #60
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post

Michael
Working on it in my all inclusive testing This has taken me awhile, but man the SoCal heat has put a damper on things.

3 Dyno's with AFR , weather and 6th gear pulls (A8) with no Catalyst protection mode during the runs. I have a lock in on CAI, Roto-Fab, Mishimoto, stock and trying to pick-up an AFE to get that one added to the bunch.

Work has also put a massive kabash on a lot of testing as I haven't been able to take time off until now.

Note: Jannetty's numbers are not all that different from what I have been seeing outside of the drop in filters.

I hope to wrap this up next week.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #61
BadBowtieProductions
Check me out on YouTube!

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I did a back to back test at the track Saturday of the Cold Air Inductions intake. I'm putting together a thorough post and video for tomorrow. I gave every advantage to the stock intake, but like I said, I'll post a thread and video tomorrow.
11.99 @ 117 - STOCK 1/4 mile
410 RWHP / 424 RWTQ - STOCK Dyno
---
YouTube Channel: BadBowtieProductions
BadBowtieProductions is offline   Reply With Quote