Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #5895
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I have been going over this one.... over and over and over and over(you get the picture). The answer is..... I CANT. GM really knocked the design out of the ballpark and I just dont see how it can be topped.

They have their work cut out for them, thats for sure!
110% agreed

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #5896
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
I have been going over this one.... over and over and over and over(you get the picture). The answer is..... I CANT. GM really knocked the design out of the ballpark and I just dont see how it can be topped.

True that Mac...

...and I am not waiting to find out if the design can be topped,..I am all in on the ZL1, I can't miss this boat! I can't wait for a what if, or a maybe.... this car is tangible; it's not a mirage or a prediction....
Old 07-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #5897
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
True that Mac...

...and I am not waiting to find out if the design can be topped,..I am all in on the ZL1, I can't miss this boat! I can't wait for a what if, or a maybe.... this car is tangible; it's not a mirage or a prediction....
I have not read true'er words so far this morning.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #5898
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I would like to ask someone to try to show me exactly how they could improve on the design of the 5th, because in all seriousness, there's not an angle I don't love, and can't think of a way that it could really look much better.

Quote:

Agreed, the only changes I would see as beneficial would be maybe a new grill with factory retracts (possibly optional),
functional gill ducting in the back (which has been discussed to death already and may be too expensive, but I would like it anyway),
and the rear diffuser to come with these exhaust tips.

... oh and a few more non-Jujyfruits colors, as has also been discussed to death.

Besides the paint, these are little cosmetic things. As far as design changes that would make Camaro better?

There aren't any.

as to this...

Quote:
Of course I'm not a very imaginative person... I'm pretty simple, lol
see Rule 32.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #5899
Scarrzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
True that Mac...

POTD stuff right there.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #5900
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
We should clean it up a bit.

I know the gills are a trade mark, but I think the car looks better without them.
Hide the door handles so I don't have to shave them.
Paint the shark fin from the factory.
Dump the pebble grain plastic insert in the rear fascia and replace it with a painted piece.
Design a rear spoiler that accentuates the unbelievably sexy sheet metal work that flows from the rear quarter panel through the rear deck lid. All the current spoilers spoil that look.
Add carbon fiber aero bits to the front and rear wheel wells on the ZL1 or maybe save those for the Z/28
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #5901
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
ONE THING...............

I would like to have seen the rear windows roll down to create the real HARDTOP feel......... that's about it.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #5902
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Agreed, the only changes I would see as beneficial would be maybe a new grill with factory retracts (possibly optional),
functional gill ducting in the back (which has been discussed to death already and may be too expensive, but I would like it anyway),

... oh and a few more non-Jujyfruits colors, as has also been discussed to death.

Besides the paint, these are little cosmetic things. As far as design changes that would make Camaro better?

There aren't any.

as to this...

see Rule 32.

I missed these rules. Link please

I've not seen those candies either. We have JuJuBees here (I forget the spelling) but I haven't found those Those colors would be for pleasant changes though

Quote:
POTD stuff right there.

Um... times eleventytrillion I'm getting all itchy waiting for some new information. I hope I won't faint when the price is announced but whatever it's going to be, I'm sure it's worth it, regardless if I can get one. There's always "preowned" I wanna' see some 'Ring times!!! I wanna' see a Track Pack with a couple pounds more boost and some Pilot Cup tires!!! I wanna' win the lottery so I can afford this SOB!!!

I'm hungry - it's lunchtime and I'm a fatbody... :tweetz:

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #5903
Scarrzz

Quote:
Chuck, your movie choice this weekend should be ZOMBIELAND.

http://www.zombielandrules.com/

Lottery? Yeah that would help.

Tell Ya what, let's make a pact that if I win the lottery I buy you an optioned out ZL1, and if you win the lottery, you buy me one.

We both get a free one, or neither of us does.

If no winner by the date one of us orders, then we both have to rely on our credit ratings and/or good looks.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #5904
Scarrzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
I would like to have seen the rear windows roll down to create the real HARDTOP feel......... that's about it.
There's a cool idea.

+1 Htron. (maybe as an option for those who don't want the extra weight and/or expense.)

Old 07-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #5905
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:

I've not seen those candies either. We have JuJuBees here (I forget the spelling) but I haven't found those Those colors would be for pleasant changes though

Um... times eleventytrillion I'm getting all itchy waiting for some new information. I hope I won't faint when the price is announced but whatever it's going to be, I'm sure it's worth it, regardless if I can get one. There's always "preowned" I wanna' see some 'Ring times!!! I wanna' see a Track Pack with a couple pounds more boost and some Pilot Cup tires!!! I wanna' win the lottery so I can afford this SOB!!!

I'm hungry - it's lunchtime and I'm a fatbody... :tweetz:
.........LOL X infinity Radz....., Jujubeads I think...but they look like those easter egg Mustank colors....oooops, sorry....LOL..., and what you said about options, and track pack... I must resist the thought,...stay on target...stay on target.......almost there.......LOL, like Dragoneye told me I'm putting too much thought into it. He was right. The whole choice vs options vs Z-28 debate strayed my thoughts away from center. I am frenzied at times wanting improve on something that is not even out yet, nor do I even know what it can reaaly do performance wise. I gotta be nuts!!! Stay calm everyone, keep your powder dry and carry on. Yeah,....this is gonna be good.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #5906
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Joe, dreams are funny things...and the last thing you want to be is a "slave" to a dream, for it is sure to become a nightmare...

On the other hand, if you find your THR version of the dream to be a lil bit less than what you hoped for/expected, there will be 3 MYs (likely) of ZL1s to defer to...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #5907
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Most excellent choices Scarrzz, I like your line of thought. Those rear exhaust "ducts" really are bitchin aren't they? Stealthy lookin for sure!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #5908
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:

There aren't any.

as to this...

see Rule 32.

I wouldn't mind the afterburner lights from the concept to be added.

Overall I don't expect a complete brand new design. The success of the 5th gen has been attributed to its looks, and it only makes sense to play off those looks for the 6th gen

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014