Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #29
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
This is "above top secret" information...
Its why the push to digital, the ELE will be broadcasting messages to earth that will not be picked up so easily by our fancy TVs. And to keep you from looking, all “public” stations will be locked. Only those in the hills with a old flip box TV will pick up the messages. Which will all be dismissed as loons as everyone else didn’t see jack on their HD digital TV.

CB and ham radio will be our only reliable source on what is gonig on.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #30
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
If the conspiracy theorists would spend a tenth of their efforts on the real universe and its ASTOUNDING attributes, qualities, probabilities and possibilities they'd give up all that silly wasting of time in crackpot plots of one kind or another.

Every time I look into Astrophysics in its quantum mechanical glory, it makes me proud to be part (really physically part) of this marvelous universe that is literally learning about itself through its sentient life: humanity (at least on this one planet).

These conspiracy wastrels ought to try some of the serious sciences,. They'd be pleasantly amazed, and they'd give up chasing their tails around the latest cracked pot.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #31
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
She's a human.
was human... she's a borg... so I guess she'd be a hybrid

here, hows this version?

or better yet... how bout a Twi lek?

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #32
CamK18

Drives: 2010 1LT Vic Red
I read this stuff, and think 99% of it is complete BS. Because I tend to only believe things that have some amount of factual substance to them.

That being said...

There are literally hundreds of billions of starts/suns in our universe and 10 other planets - ONE of which we have been to (mars).

I do believe there is life on other planets/stars in this universe or another, simply because of the fact that it is completely asinine to think that ours is the ONLY one that has it. Especially when we have been to a total of 3/INFINITY pieces of floating rock in space.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #33
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
Another Topic to Consider on this same subject:

There is something being monitored right now called "Comet Elenin", and another comet named YU55.

The conspiracy boards are in belief that these comets might be E.L.E. (extinction level events)...
http://www.2012hoax.org/elenin

I love conspiracy theories... for their entertainment value.

I hope the movie Apollo 18 is good. As long as it's not Zombies in Space or something lame like that.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #34
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamK18 View Post
I read this stuff, and think 99% of it is complete BS. Because I tend to only believe things that have some amount of factual substance to them.

That being said...

There are literally hundreds of billions of starts/suns in our universe and 10 other planets - ONE of which we have been to (mars).

I do believe there is life on other planets/stars in this universe or another, simply because of the fact that it is completely asinine to think that ours is the ONLY one that has it. Especially when we have been to a total of 3/INFINITY pieces of floating rock in space.
The notion of "belief" is often mixed with faith in many people's minds, unfortunately. Faith means to accept something as true without step by step proof that can be tested by anyone.
Science REQUIRES such proof, and this proof must be repeatable by anyone wishing to perform the tests. If an assertion cannot stand these rigors then it cannot be accepted as truth. This proven point is then always subjected to doubt and re-examination, and it is often later rejected for a better explanation at a later date. If one cannot tolerate this constant doubt then one cannot be a scientist.

When you say you "believe" that there are other planets with life in our Universe, I think you mean to use the word in a different manner. Here, we mean that there is good probability that life is elsewhere in space, and it is only a matter of time before we find it, or more likely, it finds us. The current facts are that we have not found such life, "beliefs" at the moment in this regard are only suppositions.

I certainly hope we make the interstellar connection in our lifetimes.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #35
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Its why the push to digital, the ELE will be broadcasting messages to earth that will not be picked up so easily by our fancy TVs. And to keep you from looking, all “public” stations will be locked. Only those in the hills with a old flip box TV will pick up the messages. Which will all be dismissed as loons as everyone else didn’t see jack on their HD digital TV.

Where'd ya get these secret truths? They're probably extremely reliable unnamed sources, right?
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #36
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

Old 08-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #37
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post
The notion of "belief" is often mixed with faith in many people's minds, unfortunately. Faith means to accept something as true without step by step proof that can be tested by anyone.
Science REQUIRES such proof, and this proof must be repeatable by anyone wishing to perform the tests. If an assertion cannot stand these rigors then it cannot be accepted as truth. This proven point is then always subjected to doubt and re-examination, and it is often later rejected for a better explanation at a later date. If one cannot tolerate this constant doubt then one cannot be a scientist.

You've hit upon something that few people really understand. The scientific method, that is true science, requires that something be observable, repeatable, and falsifiable.

Most of what passes for "science" nowadays does NOT follow the scientific method. Evolution and global warming come to mind.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of the population are too ignorant about true science to understand when they're being manipulated and so, are actually embracing superstition or faith which they think is "science".
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #38
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Hey Thanks

Quote:

Hey thanks for mentioning this.
Though I realize that this kind of "speculation" sounds hard to believe, it does not sound that far fetched.

I have often wondered why there was an extremely desperate attempt for every single household in the USA to have a digital TV.

What you are proposing is very open minded and I am going to hook up at least one TV to have some rabbit ears. To me there is nothing to lose. I have a feeling that comet Elenin is an Ancient Satellite sent from our previous Ancestors. They might have something worthwhile to say. It is not "far fetched" to suggest that we would not be told about it, in order to prevent a mass panic. Earth beings cannot stand the thought of not being the center of the universe and naturally would be traumatized to hear about someone "else" visiting the solar system.

For reference, I am an extremely well educated open minded person and I respect people who "question" things and look twice because sometimes, It does seem like the VERY LAST people on the planet that would be warned about eminent danger would be the peons (i.e. you and me.)

BE ADVISED that the OTHER reason to force everyone to have the Digital TVs would be to have more control over FALSE information, and send a False Misleading message to everyone's TV. It's called Television Programming for a reason. To program You.

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 08-20-2011 at 07:28 PM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #39
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
the elenin comet might be a warning probe

Quote:

The Elenin comet might be a one-year early warning device, to give us advanced notice of the approaching dwarf star, or 10th planet. If it was designed by advanced peoples, they would have set up the comet to broadcast in many different ways to make sure we get a chance to save ourselves, or prepare for a probable Pole Shift, like the pole shifts from the past.

The path for which this comet rides, looks similar to the path that has been computed for the "planet x" orbit. It would not surprise me if TONS of stuff are riding on the same orbit as planet X. Elenin and a cluster of other asteroids might be the early warning detection.

Take this with a grain of salt, but Nasa DID warn their employees to get their go-bags ready. Also, look up Dr. Byron Glenn. He claims he saw a brown dwarf star using a high powered telescope in May of 2011 and he gave audio testimony about this. He acted very serious and this guy did not mind putting his reputation on the line to discuss his findings.

Peace out.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #40
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Name:  dbl-fp.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  41.0 KB

Ironically, all this stuff about Elenin and YU55 is really no different than the May 22nd Rapture guy, who, when nothing happened, said "well it really did happen, but you didn't believe so you didn't see it, and the Rapture will really happen in October."

Nothing will happen on November 9th (well, life the universe and everything will happen, but...), and like the Rapture Clown, the true believers will just "revise" their theories and push back the date like they've been doing with Planet X since 1995. I can hear it now: "Oh, well the ham radio guys heard it and the government just covered it all up!" Or "well, I only said it might be an ancient probe and it might be piloted and it might be followed by other spaceships and Planet X. Come on guys, don't you have an open mind?"

Guess it just goes to show that being a religious believer or being a science believer is no guarantee that you still have all your marbles.

So make sure to bump this thread on November 10th.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #41
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
You guys have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #42
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
Hey thanks for mentioning this.
Though I realize that this kind of "speculation" sounds hard to believe, it does not sound that far fetched.

I have often wondered why there was an extremely desperate attempt for every single household in the USA to have a digital TV.

What you are proposing is very open minded and I am going to hook up at least one TV to have some rabbit ears. To me there is nothing to lose. I have a feeling that comet Elenin is an Ancient Satellite sent from our previous Ancestors. They might have something worthwhile to say. It is not "far fetched" to suggest that we would not be told about it, in order to prevent a mass panic. Earth beings cannot stand the thought of not being the center of the universe and naturally would be traumatized to hear about someone "else" visiting the solar system.

For reference, I am an extremely well educated open minded person and I respect people who "question" things and look twice because sometimes, It does seem like the VERY LAST people on the planet that would be warned about eminent danger would be the peons (i.e. you and me.)

BE ADVISED that the OTHER reason to force everyone to have the Digital TVs would be to have more control over FALSE information, and send a False Misleading message to everyone's TV. It's called Television Programming for a reason. To program You.
The digital TV push actually went on for over 10 years. Literally I worked in an electronics store in 1999 and we were told they were looking to "flip the switch" in 2001. The reason? We literally were running out of bandwidth and Digital signals take much less of it. What does that mean? More channels, and more shit to charge you for. Thinks like wireless internet, etc, that can all make more money. Its always about money. So the reason a couple years ago the push was so strong, well we had even less bandwidth now 9 years later, and the companies who wanted to start making money were basically like "come on already"
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote