Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #15
pastohio

Drives: Indy Pace Car
I don't understand why V-8 ers want to continue this dialogue....you buy what you want, IF you want to go fast, put some money and buy a viper or vette, then you can satisfy your speed genes....but the V6 does well, the car and its looks do well enough....remember someone will always have something faster than you no matter what you drive !! If you want to get your car faster, work on the person's skills behind the steering wheel...!! My $.02
pastohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:24 AM   #16
coolman

Sorry, but for me It's not about v6 vs v8 it's about getting the biggest motor in that what ever car your buying has to offer. So, in the case of the camaro it's the v8 for me. I've have alot of v6s because you couldn't get a v8. Don't worry about what people say if you like it. I think people get upset because they know too they should have gotten the bigger motor and don't want to admit it.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:55 AM   #17
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
Everyone has their different reasons for their engine choices. I notice that its more the "older guys" (i say that loosely cuz im only 23) that talk a lot of crap about the V6, saying only V-8s belong in Camaros. But these are also the same guys that give people shit for buying Automatic transmissions vs manuals. Ultimately, I just say, "oh yea?? Well where is your Camaro ??" or "well how much hp does your car have??" and that usually shuts them up.

If money was no object, of course I would have gotten the V8. Why not, right ??
But the reality of the situation is that most people need to work on a budget.
That being said, I'd much rather have my fully-loaded V6 (which is still the fastest car I have ever owned) than a base-model V8.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #18
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Doesn't really bother me.

I'll be getting a V6, and I have my reasons for it. I don't need to justify my decision to anybody else because I'm the one paying for the car.

If I want to buy a 23,000 dollar V6 and then put 3,000 dollars into the engine... 2,000 dollars into the suspension... A new hood/paint job... a full leather interior...

That's my prerogative. Its my money, I can use it how I want.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #19
SYA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
When I first got my RS, I had a bunch of my friends busting on me for not getting the V8 when we were in Hooters one day.
My response was to ask one of the waitresses if she wanted to go for a ride (I kinda know her a little) and she said "Hell yeah"... Then I followed up with "Are you sure?... it's only a V6"...
She didn't care and the guys all shut up after that one!
SYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #20
Cruzintexas

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
Drove a V8 last week and it was nice but not 8K nice. The V6 runs like a beast. I agree with a early post! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DRIVE???
My wifes is a blast to drive! If I could buy another one today for myself I would order another V6.
Cruzintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #21
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Lets see the people that ask, I usually say back

-Do you own a house
-Are you married
-Do you have kids
-Do you go on vacations
-Do you save any money

That usally shuts them up
mydreamcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #22
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Most people who ask this are uninformed. My response: "It's 304 hp and gets 29 mpg on the highway. What's not to like?" They usually take a step back and say something like, "Whoa, really? That's great!"
Old 09-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #23
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Quote:
My response was to ask one of the waitresses if she wanted to go for a ride (I kinda know her a little) and she said "Hell yeah"... Then I followed up with "Are you sure?... it's only a V6"...
She didn't care and the guys all shut up after that one!
That's awesome.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #24
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
"Yeah, it's small..... But your wife likes it."
Old 09-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #25
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChen View Post
I haven't even taken delivery of the car yet and everyone my wife and I talk to say something like "You should have got the 8."

I bite my lip, but I'm thinking, "What the hell do you drive?"
Tell them to F*ck off! My $.02......
Old 09-15-2009, 01:01 AM   #26
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
I've rarely gotten these kind of comments. People will ask me "why did you get the v6" and I tell them, but I've never really gotten that negative kind of attitude.

Maybe you should try this the next time someone says you should have got the V8. Ask them why. I'll bet you half of them are just parroting something they heard somewhere else and can't give you a decent answer.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:08 AM   #27
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
As long as your happy tell em go screw themselves! It's your car not there's! They are just jeoulose and wish they could have the car! I gaurantee almost everyone of them would take the car in a heartbeat if they new they could afford it! But like I said if your happy it don't matter what other people think! Cause you be the one driving the sweet azz car everyday!
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #28
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
yeah i know what you mean i get the same questions like "what happen to the other 2 cylinders" or from the fat guy that changed my oil "man i would have gotten the v8 whats the point of getting a v6" man he deserved a beat down but thats a different story. so i am happy with my car and wouldn't change her out.