Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-01-2014, 08:11 AM   #85
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCK1SC View Post
Yeah gas mileage and interiors are the reason, bwahahaha! have you even seen the interior of the newer Charger's? It blows away any Camaro interior I have seen and I didn't have to replace my keys thru a recall because in the Charger you have a fob that just sits in your pocket, touch the door handle and you unlock the car, push the start button and off you go. Dodge is the fastest growing domestic brand in the 18 to 45 year old demographics for a reason. Your bragging about chassis, how long did it take the Camaro to get a new one? I still remember the passenger side hump in the floor because GM was to cheap to fix it, lol! As for the OP I have no idea why you are whining about getting a V8 that gets decent gas mileage if you try to get decent mileage, you have a faster car not by much but faster and far roomier with a much nicer interior and probably won't be recalled as much. If he was worried about gas mileage he could have gotten the V6 with the 8 speed auto and pulled down over 31 on the hwy. I avg 24 mpg combined in mine and it has never been in the shop or given me any problems. Just sick of hearing the same tired ass Dodge is crap BS on here, especially after you all are getting recalls daily from Chevy on their cars. Pot meet kettle! Hoping the 6th gen will be better built and weigh less so i can get one.
I'm all for non-bias, but jeez man, why are you on this forum?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #86
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Yeah gas mileage and interiors are the reason, bwahahaha! have you even seen the interior of the newer Charger's? It blows away any Camaro interior I have seen and I didn't have to replace my keys thru a recall because in the Charger you have a fob that just sits in your pocket, touch the door handle and you unlock the car, push the start button and off you go. Dodge is the fastest growing domestic brand in the 18 to 45 year old demographics for a reason. Your bragging about chassis, how long did it take the Camaro to get a new one? I still remember the passenger side hump in the floor because GM was to cheap to fix it, lol! As for the OP I have no idea why you are whining about getting a V8 that gets decent gas mileage if you try to get decent mileage, you have a faster car not by much but faster and far roomier with a much nicer interior and probably won't be recalled as much. If he was worried about gas mileage he could have gotten the V6 with the 8 speed auto and pulled down over 31 on the hwy. I avg 24 mpg combined in mine and it has never been in the shop or given me any problems. Just sick of hearing the same tired ass Dodge is crap BS on here, especially after you all are getting recalls daily from Chevy on their cars. Pot meet kettle! Hoping the 6th gen will be better built and weigh less so i can get one.
Better built than what? A key fob that some numbskull can kick? A fastener that another numbskull neglected to torque properly on a couple of hundred units? Roomier? Who bought their Camaro for interior room ? Dodge Chargers are ok cars ,but Camaros are a completely different animal. You like high tech touch and open doors and proximity sensors and push buttons, then get you piece of it. Comparing a four door sedan though to a 2 door sport coupe is a quantum leap though. You didn't mention how many years it took Chrysler to figure out how to paint a car that the paint didn't flake off of in two years. They were so quick back in the 80's to boast their galvanized panels that they didn't take time to figure out how to keep paint stuck to them.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:53 AM   #87
91Zman

Drives: '13 1SS/RS IOM white stripes
Quote:
Yeah,bragging about the Charger..yeah ok..a name that Dodge has bastardized since '75.
91Zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #88
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
Can't recall a Dodge that didn't sell.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #89
fbodyauto

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LS
I would say keep it. The new 6th gen Camaro will be out before you know it and then you could always trade in on it. Your old 2010 will even lose more value once the 6th gens come out. Just think of it as your getting used to the V8 power before you go crazy in the new SS
Old 07-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #90
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
I made a huge mistake and I need your help!!

Quote:

pff.. how about the load of transmission problems they have..I'm pretty sure Chrysler issued a recall for that..No wonder Daimler ditched out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #91
Majic
Majic

Drives: 2018 1LT Black...V6
He's dodging the question

Rick
"MAJIC"
2014 2SS/RS.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:11 AM   #92
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Dodge is so great, it needs to be mentioned twice.

Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and Dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #93
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
You should have 3 days to back out of the deal. After that, forget about being remorseful and be glad you have a job that pays for such things.
Most states that's only for door to door sales--you go to the dealer and buy and its yours. I actually had to sign a document to that affect at the time of sale.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #94
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
I'm all for non-bias, but jeez man, why are you on this forum?
yea seriously... you don't see me on the shitty mopar forums... I could care less about Dodge... or should we say Fiat.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #95
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
So what was the reason for the trade in?
Very impulsive buy - research months @ a time/test drive.

However I think the 14 Charger looks nice inside and out(taillights are ok).
Any pics?
If you want another V6 Camaro cuz of gas go for a 13/14LS.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #96
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Thats one thing i hate about these forums. The brand loyalty folks bashing everything except what they have. I have zero brand loyalty, I buy what gives me the best bang for buck and what i like. Hell, look at what all I drive. At any time I will ditch the ss for a new 5.0 boss 302, or challenger 392.
I would also trade my ford diesel for a gmc duramax or dodge diesel.

Most of you are bashing him bc he went from a camaro (v6 mind you) to a r/t Charger, yes one hell of an upgrade like it or not. Some of you on here gets too caught up in the brand loyalty bs.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #97
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post

Yikes! Then why don't you go and trade your. car in for in for that Charger! Those are to plain looking and have no muscle look to them!

I actually traded my 06 charger RT for the Camaro 2LT. Im saying I would take the '14 Charger cause its newer and it does have all the goodies over the (older) Camaro.. They both look pretty muscular to me, them hips.

I'd also take a 6th gen SS over the Charger since they would make some upgrades (push start atleast?) to keep up with todays technology.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #98
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
A dodge fan talking about another car & its weight. Now I've seen everything.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote