Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
FSTORG5
Fast Orange

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Thumbs up Another Jannetty supporter!

Over the last 2 months I've bought an SCT tuner and Dynatech LTs from Jannetty Racing. (I would have bought my CAI from them too after the test but had it ordered before they listed it) I couldn't agree more with the numerous other posts praising their support. I say support because in my book that's a step above customer service. Yes their customer service is great too, but it is their support is what I am posting about.

I may have been the first to buy an SCT for the Camaro from JRE. And as my luck would have it there was no TCM support for my VIN yet. That's where the support comes in. Sending Ted my files he identified the issue and worked with me in communicating with SCT to resolve. (Thanks also to JR and Kirk from SCT)

Based on this support after the sale I purchased the LTs from Ted also, even though I could have saved a few bucks elsewhere. It is worth the peace of mind that if there are any issues I know JRE will be there and have the experience to help.

No disrespect to any other vendors, just a thank you to JRE and Ted
FSTORG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Reddy2Ride

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Silver/Blk
FSTORG5,
What about your particular VIN was causing SCT issues with the TCM? I would think the TCM software/firmware would be more of an issue for SCT than the VIN of the vehicle. Just curious since I'm pondering the whole Diablo, SCT, and Vector decision. Also let us know what you think about your new ECM/TCM tune with SCT since I haven't seen many feedback posts for them yet.
Reddy2Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
FSTORG5
Fast Orange

Correct, the issue was software and firmware due to an updated TCM version via a later production date (ie. VIN#). They should have it now though. Ted can help you through it to be sure.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
FSTORG5
Fast Orange

Regarding the tune, my main reason for buying a tuner was 1. turning off AFM (which all can do) 2. reducing torque management 3. firming up the shifts. I bought SCT because they had trans support and I didn't want to buy a laptop.

The tune that I am running is a custom from Ted to get the trans tune. I ran the SCT for a few weeks while we were working things out. I didn't have any complaints except no trans support. Ted's tune further reduced torque management and firmed up the shifts. ++ I don't have many miles with this tune but I can tell you that the shifts are not radical like some have posted about other tunes. More like it should have been from the factory = like the performance car that it is.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
Reddy2Ride

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Silver/Blk
Good feedback FSTORG5
Reddy2Ride is offline   Reply With Quote