Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #15
Carguy1965

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Greetings folks,, New to Camaro5 as we just got my Wifes new 13 2SS Camaro.. Awesome car and for the first time in her life she is really excited about what she is driving.. Of course I am in charge of the mods.. I have done a few cosmetics to it already.. Added the Red SS logos below the Camaro script on the fenders and a classic style SS logo in the grille as opposed to the bowtie.. Nest thing on the list is a drop.. I have the Eibach drop springs on my DD Avalanche and they have been fantastic on it.. But they are a 1.4 inch drop in the back on the Camaro.. After reading this thread about the shock travel etc I am concerned about dropping it over an inch in the back...?? Any of you guys used the Eibach's ? Or what is the best recommendation on a 1/1 drop.. Probably follow with sway bars as step three after I get a bit more rumble from the exhaust...

DD 2007 Avalanche SS

2007 Z06

2013 Camaro 2SS

1931 Reo Family Project Coupe..
Carguy1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #16
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy1965 View Post
Greetings folks,, New to Camaro5 as we just got my Wifes new 13 2SS Camaro.. Awesome car and for the first time in her life she is really excited about what she is driving.. Of course I am in charge of the mods.. I have done a few cosmetics to it already.. Added the Red SS logos below the Camaro script on the fenders and a classic style SS logo in the grille as opposed to the bowtie.. Nest thing on the list is a drop.. I have the Eibach drop springs on my DD Avalanche and they have been fantastic on it.. But they are a 1.4 inch drop in the back on the Camaro.. After reading this thread about the shock travel etc I am concerned about dropping it over an inch in the back...?? Any of you guys used the Eibach's ? Or what is the best recommendation on a 1/1 drop.. Probably follow with sway bars as step three after I get a bit more rumble from the exhaust...
I can't really tell you much about the Eibach springs but I can say that we have a ton of guys out there with our BMR 1" lowering springs (SP019) and they are very happy with the. We also have sway bars available that would work perfectly with our lowering springs on your wife's 2013 SS. If you are interested in any of the BMR parts let me know and I can get you some pricing on them. Here are a couple pictures of some late model Camaros lowered on BMR 1" lowering springs.
Attached Images

BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #17
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Installed Saturday evening, aligned this morning ... quite happy with it Thanks Kyle.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpyle View Post
Installed Saturday evening, aligned this morning ... quite happy with it Thanks Kyle.

Looks good!

I am glad we were able to help you out.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #19
Carguy1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I can't really tell you much about the Eibach springs but I can say that we have a ton of guys out there with our BMR 1" lowering springs (SP019) and they are very happy with the. We also have sway bars available that would work perfectly with our lowering springs on your wife's 2013 SS. If you are interested in any of the BMR parts let me know and I can get you some pricing on them. Here are a couple pictures of some late model Camaros lowered on BMR 1" lowering springs.

Thanks for the response Kyle,, I will shoot you an e mail and see what we can come up with..

Thanks again ...

DD 2007 Avalanche SS

2007 Z06

2013 Camaro 2SS

Old 09-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #20
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Looks Good!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #21
BMR Sales

Quote:
Thanks for the response Kyle,, I will shoot you an e mail and see what we can come up with..

Thanks again ...
Definitely send that e-mail over and we will get something figured out for you.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #22
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Use the Hotchkis springs and swaybars, great ride and handling. the Eibach's have a harsh ride compared to all the other 1" springs out there. Heres a few pics of my wifes and she loves it. She says the ride quality is better than stock. It has the hotchkis track pack and Dynatech long tubes and catback.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #23
Carguy1965

I am considering the Hotchkiss for sure.. I know their stuff is top
notch.. The springs are reasonable, but the bars seem a bit high..
I have the Eibach springs on my DD Avalanche, and the improvement
in handling was amazing, and I honestly cannot say they hurt the ride a bit..
Its not a Camaro for sure, but to be a full sized SUV she handles pretty well..
I have no doubt the Hotchkiss stuff is better..

DD 2007 Avalanche SS

2007 Z06

2013 Camaro 2SS