Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 10-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro LT RS M6
Cruise to the Woods in Iowa

Hey all,

I just thought I'd pass along a car cruise for this weekend. I know it is coming up in 2 days, but looks like we should have a break in the rain.

This will be the first time if I get up to check it out and it sounds like it would be a good car event.

Here is some info from the website:
"Cruise to the Woods is a one of a kind show - an original that brings in cars from all over the Midwest. It is Iowa's largest cruise/car show. Bright and early on Sunday morning cars start to roll out of 9 separate towns from the far edges of Iowa and into Minnesota, stopping in towns along the way to add more cars, merging with other cruise routes and finally coming together in Stratford, IA. There they fill the streets 3 & 4 abreast, down main street and side streets throughout the small town.
At 11:30 everyone departs creating a huge caravan of hundreds of classic autos of every make, model and year. Their colors rival the beautiful fall colors that surround them as they wind their way through the countryside. All along the way, spectators watch this spectacular parade. At the Webster County Fairgrounds south of Fort Dodge, they find many hundreds of cars already at the park waiting for them."

http://www.wccruisers.com/cruisetothewoods.html

There are also events in relation, but they are planned for Saturday which looks to be rainy.

I hope I make it and get to see some new Camaros mixed in with the rest of the vehicles.
isu_chevybowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
If the weather is lookin good for Sunday I will be there Jumping into the cruise at the Altoona McDonalds, 9 am. Can't wait Just look for my plate:

Old 10-04-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

It looks like the weather may be pretty good. Cool but atleast dry. I think I will try to meet up in the morning at Kmart here in Ames....which means I better get to bed.

I hope to see some nice cars and have a good day!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

I was glad that I went up to check out the Cruise to the Woods event. It is cool how everyone meets in Stratford and then cruise up a scenic road and through a state park to the fairgrounds in Fort Dodge. I looked around in town and then headed out to get some pictures of the cars as they drove by. Then didn't go through to park so that I could get up to Fort Dodge. I think if I can make it next year that I'll go to the park for pictures. In Fort Dodge they announced 1100 or so registered participants, so a good showing.

Here are some pictures that I took of 5th Gen Camaros at the event.

The Red RS LT belongs to Brokinarrow - EYECNDI
The Yellow n Black RS LT - CAMARO5
Then there is an Orange SS RS with white stripes, Black SS RS with white stripes, a Red SS with black stripes, an Orange SS with black stripes, and a Yellow SS RS with black stripes and ground effects. There were 2 others I didn't take pictures of and so there were a total of 9 that I saw.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
Brokinarrow

This was an awesome event, I'll definitely be goin next year as long as the weather is nice again! Took a lot of pics I'll post tonight after work. It was awesome just seeing the huge variety of cars that were out, some I've never heard of (I'm young, it can happen). Got lots of compliments of course, lots of people saying they liked the beige interior on my 2LT. oh and thanks to Eric (owner of the CAMARO5 Camaro) I will be getting a new exhaust soon
Old 10-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

Brokinarrow it was cool to talk to you a little bit. Glad my post got you to go as it sounds like you enjoyed the day. I had a good time too.

I back tracked through the route so I could see the park and that is a nice setting to drive through. I did also see where people were burning out in a couple of spots. Found out through Facebook that some other guys I know were there with there Camaros and 2 people I know did some good burnouts.

You said something about posting pictures and I haven't seen any yet. I have quite a few others myself, but the onest that I posted were the better 5th Gen Camaro pics that I had.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
Brokinarrow

Yes, I keep forgetting to get them off of my girlfriend's camera, will try to get that done this weekend. Will also be getting my new exhaust put on tomorrow

Tags
cruise, iowa