Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #15
Grinder19

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8/2010 2SSCamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BVert View Post
Bump to see if SlingShot or Grinder19 made it into the shop this week. I'm curious to know what the fix is for the heated seat issue.
Actually, I dropped the car off Tuesday while I left town for a business trip. Can't tell you what is wrong because they refused to work on it because I modified my car. Evidently putting headers and NOWEEDS voided the warranty. Mind you, NOWEEDS does tap into the wiring harness for the drivers seat but only grabs power from the seat motor. The two wires out of the oh, 40+ in that harness are hot all the time....heated seat requires the ignition on.

So, I'll pick up my car Friday when I get back, then make some calls to other Chevy dealers in my area and conduct an interview with them to see if they'll take an honest look at it. The other dealer I'm working stated that the mechanic saw new wires under the car (NOWEEDS) and that was my problem. Being I was on a lay-over in Atlanta, I didn't have much time to explain the wiring composition of this item....and to inquire what type of troubleshooting he did to come to that conclusion. See, the fact is I installed it and I'm pretty intimate with the wiring to the seat. Don't think it wouldn't matter talking to them about it since my 20+ yrs of aircraft maintenance doesn't translate to cars. Suppose repairing aircraft wiring is much more simplistic that automotive wiring. Sorry for the rant/vent....I just can't stand incompentency.
Grinder19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #16
3BVert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder19 View Post
Actually, I dropped the car off Tuesday while I left town for a business trip. Can't tell you what is wrong because they refused to work on it because I modified my car. Evidently putting headers and NOWEEDS voided the warranty. Mind you, NOWEEDS does tap into the wiring harness for the drivers seat but only grabs power from the seat motor. The two wires out of the oh, 40+ in that harness are hot all the time....heated seat requires the ignition on.

So, I'll pick up my car Friday when I get back, then make some calls to other Chevy dealers in my area and conduct an interview with them to see if they'll take an honest look at it. The other dealer I'm working stated that the mechanic saw new wires under the car (NOWEEDS) and that was my problem. Being I was on a lay-over in Atlanta, I didn't have much time to explain the wiring composition of this item....and to inquire what type of troubleshooting he did to come to that conclusion. See, the fact is I installed it and I'm pretty intimate with the wiring to the seat. Don't think it wouldn't matter talking to them about it since my 20+ yrs of aircraft maintenance doesn't translate to cars. Suppose repairing aircraft wiring is much more simplistic that automotive wiring. Sorry for the rant/vent....I just can't stand incompentency.

Dude, that sucks! I hope you can find someone that will troubleshoot it before dismissing it.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #17
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
No, I haven't needed to use them yet. I did accidentally turn the drivers seat heat on once while adjusting the air flow controls. Not I know what it feels like to be a fried egg - it got pretty hot and took a long time to cool down...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #18
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Have not tried my heated seats, mine is in my garage for the winter.
I've used them on mild summer nights, feels good on my back
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 AM   #19
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Made an appointment this morning to have the seat fixed on the 29th ... (only day off during the week) So to be continued !!!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #20
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
didnt even know i had heated seats .where are the buttons 2ss rs
Old 03-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #21
now

Drives: silverado ss
Seats

Hey man, just read your post. Sorry to hear about the service manager you are dealing with- I don't have a Camaro to look at here locally but i would guess the heated seat might even have its own fuse and its own separate wire in the harness? Not sure on this but it's a possibility.

You are right about the ignition switch/seat heat- The one wire we use, (if in fact was heated seat related), would only cause our diverters to work if you were heating your seat- and that's just stupid. Plus our system takes under 2 amps of power and zero at rest so its like having a small light bulb on - not the welder type power the seat heat would require.

If all your seat movement functions work and the diverters work then its obviously isolated to seat heat.

We sell diverters to GM Service managers in Chevy dealerships so we all know there are differences from one to the next. If they would diagnose before assumptions were made he would find it has nothing to do with our module or headers or any other mod you may have made.

Let me know what you learn here- I'll will do anything i can to help you out.

Thanks!

steve
now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #22
vuduman67

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
I have been having issues with my drivers seat also, basically hit the button and about 30 seconds later it shuts off. Had it to the dealer and they think it is the plug on the harness. They said if they would push it in and hold it with pressure the seat would heat up. just waiting for the harness to come in. Will post back if it fixes the problem.
vuduman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #23
3BVert

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuduman67 View Post
I have been having issues with my drivers seat also, basically hit the button and about 30 seconds later it shuts off. Had it to the dealer and they think it is the plug on the harness. They said if they would push it in and hold it with pressure the seat would heat up. just waiting for the harness to come in. Will post back if it fixes the problem.
Any idea which harness they are talking about? I assume that it's one under the seat but there are quite a few under there. If I knew which one, I could at least try unhooking it to make sure all of the contacts are in order. If it's something simple like that, I'd like to take a shot at fixing it myself before I have to take it to the dealership.

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Edit: I found this post that includes 2010 Camaro wiring info: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24704. It says that the heated seat control module is under the driver's seat. Perhaps that's the harness they're talking about. I've fiddled with the wiring harnesses under the passanger seat (the one giving us an issue) when it acts up but it had no effect. Now I have something else to try. The control module is right in front under the driver's seat. It will be easy to reach under there and press on the harness to see if it makes a difference when it's shutting off. Thanks vuduman67!

Last edited by 3BVert; 03-13-2010 at 10:29 PM.
3BVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #24
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
only issue here is the driver seat is selectable back only, butt only, or both on, but passenger seat is both on, butt only wont let you select back only (wont you select back only)not sure if thats right or not dont seem so. got another issue with a
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #25
3BVert

It's not selectable for back/butt. It's high/low heat. At least that's how mine is anyway. I wish it was back/butt. My Tahoe has that and I like using the back only during long drives.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #26
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
My heated seats quit working. It seem that there are 2 fuse blocks (boxes) under the hood stacked on top of one another. My dealer said that the bad plastic molding did not lock the electrical plug and fuses into proper position to get continued heated seats. This was poor molding on a numbered lot of these fuse blocks.

Easy fix....the dealer orders a new a new lower fuse block and then plugged all fuses and wiring into the new fuse block when it came in. My fuse block was replaced in a 1/2 day. I got a free rental car and the world is a better place!! LOL!

Relax no further problems. This happened 3 months ago.

My Vin. # is lower than 10100.

Last edited by Hoss; 03-14-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #27
3BVert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
My heated seats quit working. It seem that there are 2 fuse blocks (boxes) under the hood stacked on top of one another. My dealer said that the bad plastic molding did not lock the electrical plug and fuses into proper position to get continued heated seats. This was poor molding on a numbered lot of these fuse blocks.

Easy fix....the dealer orders a new a new lower fuse block and then plugged all fuses and wiring into the new fuse block when it came in. My fuse block was replaced in a 1/2 day. I got a free rental car and the world is a better place!! LOL!

Relax no further problems. This happened 3 months ago.

My Vin. # is lower than 10100.
Good to know. Did yours stop alltogether or did they work intermittently?
Old 03-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #28
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
correct-a-mundo......hot hiney or warm hiney.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote