Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-15-2010, 05:18 AM   #15
mmongi7

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Send a message via AIM to mmongi7
I don't get why you need a special tv or player. There are already 3D bluray movies that work perfectly fine on normal hd tvs and bluray players. I think it's a trick to get people to buy a new tv or player when they don't really need it. A bluray is a bluray, so whether it 3D or not has nothing to do with the tv or the player.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #16
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
some people need to have the latest and greatest high tech toys, regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

By the way, haven't TV's been capable of 3D for a number of years now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmongi7 View Post
I don't get why you need a special tv or player. There are already 3D bluray movies that work perfectly fine on normal hd tvs and bluray players. I think it's a trick to get people to buy a new tv or player when they don't really need it. A bluray is a bluray, so whether it 3D or not has nothing to do with the tv or the player.
You guy's need to reed the info in the link that I posted. Yes their are tv's that have been capable but many of them are probably going to need that infamous box of some sort if I remember what i read correctly.

You will need a special tv if you want to watch regular telivision in 3D I bet football would be awesome. And sure you can watch some movies in 3D now but the quality isn't as good.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #17
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
some people need to have the latest and greatest high tech toys, regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

By the way, haven't TV's been capable of 3D for a number of years now?
I don't see what the big deal is
Old 03-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #18
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
#1 do you need cardboard glasses from 7-11 to be able to watch it, only way it works on regular TV.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #19
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
It pisses me off.

My cheap ass held out this long to go ahead and get a Blu Ray player... I havent been buying any new movies for 2 years because I was waiting for Blu Ray and HD DVD to finally figure out what the hell was going on, and then for Blu Ray to come out with its updates and become more affordable.

SO now... not that I finally have a blu ray player... its outdated.

and now... now that 1080P TV are quite affordable.... there is no point in going out and buying one because they are already outdated.

By the time I am ready to buy these 3D TVs,... they will probably have 3D Tvs out that DONT need stupid glasses... then I will need to wait more.

... rant.... off..

I can't imagine that ever hapening, reason being that in order for you to see 3 dimensionally your eyes need to see two distinct images, I just can't fathom a way to do that and have everyone in the room able to see it. The way the 3d Movies work right now it uses filters on each eye to seperate the two images projected at the same time.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #20
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
does this mean everything will be in 3-D?
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
tru imperial blu
4 8 15 16 23 42

Drives: ibm 1lt/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
I can't imagine that ever hapening, reason being that in order for you to see 3 dimensionally your eyes need to see two distinct images, I just can't fathom a way to do that and have everyone in the room able to see it. The way the 3d Movies work right now it uses filters on each eye to seperate the two images projected at the same time.
wiki says a chinese company already has one for $20,000
Old 03-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #22
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
What I wonder about, will we all need cardboard glasses to view?

Member Nvidia use to have that as an option, special glasses to make games look 3D [that wern't] but the problem was, it wasn't a special view or colored film glasses, it was done but quickly blinking or blocking images with a flicker strobe system, that made most folks ill.

Sure someone had thoes Nvue glasses.

Only ways it gonna work without glasses is to do similar, quickly strobing images to fool your eyes into thinking its 3d.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #23
meanmike
Account Suspended

The 3D glasses you'll use at home with a 3D-ready HDTV are very different from the type used in most movie theaters. And they are radically different and much superior to the glasses with the red and blue lenses that many associate with 3D.

3D-ready HDTVs use active shutter glasses and they will only work with the HDTVs they are intended for. For example, a pair of Samsung 3D glasses will only work with a Samsung 3D-ready HDTV.

The glasses run on batteries and sync up with the HDTV through either an infrared or Bluetooth signal. After a certain number of hours, the glasses for some HDTVs can be recharged through a USB connection, while others will need to have their batteries replaced.

As a 3D movie is playing, one frame on the screen will display content only for your left eye, and alternately one frame will display content only for your right eye. Your brain will then combine these two images into one, forming the depth we associate with 3D. Amazingly, within one second, the screen will produce 120 or 240 alternating frames, depending on the HDTV (60 or 120 for your left eye and 60 or 120 for your right).

But why doesn't your right eye see the left-eye content? As each frame speeds by, the shutters on the 3D glasses rapidly open and close in alternating fashion, blocking your right eye while the left eye views the screen (and vice versa). Pretty amazing stuff.

__________________________________________________ _______________
Nearly one million people in the U.S. suffer from stereo blindness, according to the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (www.covd.org). This prevents them from perceiving the intended depth of 3D entertainment experiences. Some of these people will see 3D programming in 2D with no physical problems, while others may experience headaches, eye fatigue or other conditions.

If you have any doubts about your ability to correctly perceive 3D entertainment, visit one of our in-store 3D experiences starting on March 21 (check with your local Best Buy store for demo availability).

Overall, some people who watch 3D programming may experience initial feelings of motion sickness as they adjust to the picture. Others may experience headaches, eye fatigue or continued motion sickness.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #24
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
I can dig it.
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #25
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
In about 2-3 weeks the new Samsung PNC 8000 series will be out. I will be at the store ready to grab this puppy.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_30550C8...00.html?tp=161

It's around 1k cheaper than any LCD and has double the performance. Remember all the Big manufactures will release LCD/LED 3D first. It's more expensive and they want you to buy it first. I will take 600Mhz over 240Mhz any day. I am a big sports nut and I watch a ton of movies. Plasma is the technology I stand behind.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #26
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
I love 3D, but I'm not going to pay $150 per pair of 3d glasses. Heck, I won't even pay over $20 per pair of glasses. So I'll either wait till the glasses are cheaper, or until they come out with a system that plain doesn't need them (the latter being preferable). Only a matter of time either way.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #27
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
exactly...no one is gonna cash out 5k to drop on a 3d tv right now especially when there is no content yet. and i think its a good idea to let blu ray mainstream first then go into 3d.
The content is on its way. ESPN and Discovery are both launching 3D channels. In fact, my company just got a call about working on a 3D show for Discovery...it's coming, very soon.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #28
meanmike
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
The content is on its way. ESPN and Discovery are both launching 3D channels. In fact, my company just got a call about working on a 3D show for Discovery...it's coming, very soon.
I bet buy next year there will be more than triple the amount offered this year.