Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #29
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Well they got the car to my satisfaction so I went ahead and bought it (I'll start a new thread later with pics and all), I compromised still have to return for the grill install which sucks but its an optional item so I understand.

They did their part, finally produced a car that appears new (albeit dirty still) My salesman personally got out there and cleaned my wheels/tires.

Better late than never I say, even though I am difficult to deal with my salesman toughed it out, and you should have seen his smile when I tipped him a c-note.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #30
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
I went round and round with my "dealer" about trading my '10 for a '12. Finally, after multiple switcheroos and tag teams from 3 different people at the dealer, I said no, I won't play the game. I went on vacation to San Diego last week, got a text wanting me to come in and buy the car. Then they called, and I told them I was in another state, and didn't want to play the game anymore. He said that was OK, I could buy the car over the phone from San Diego, and he raised the trade-in offer to $21,500, on a car he has not seen. I can visualize me being stupid enough to agree, then taking my car in and being blind-sided with "It has a bug on the bumper...that is a $2,000 deduct from trade-in". Enough of these crooks.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #31
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
OK, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I'm sorry to any salespeople who might hang out on C5, but it's true.

Salespeople are the stupidest people in the world when it comes to using technology. With 30 years in IT & Accounting, salespeople by far screw up more crap than any other field I know. Pretty much every laptop the company I work at that has to be flattened & reload with the OS on a regular basis, because of stuff caused by a stupid salesperson. Marketing people aren't far behind.

So...these salespeople are also the people that tend to be e-mail idiots. He probably meant to send that to someone else...or more likely he sent it to ALL his contacts.

I'm serious.
100% agree. I work in Marketing as the Director of Web Operations and my team's department is deemed "marketing" even though the marketing websites are only half of what we do. Anyway the marketing people aren't that bad, I have some fun with them

But I've had sales people tell me that my "programs" operate in a way that they weren't even remotely designed for. Most frustrating thing in the world when someone tries to tell you what YOU developed functions a different way than it does and won't listen to you
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #32
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by red70tvhs View Post
If this is true... whcih it probably is... means these said individuals have so much "epic fail" in their lives. Not to knock on the competent sales-folk, just the type mentioned above.
The car sales industry brings the disrespect on themselves. And then they take offense when people call them out. It is unfortunate for the good ones, but the bad ones, and there are a very high percentage who are bad, destroy things for the entire group.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #33
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
As an IT Support guy I can tell you the 2 main reasons why we say "reboot your computer"..

1: It's a simple shotgun approach to resetting a bunch of little settings at once, and one of those is probably responsible for your issue. It's just easier to say "reboot" than diagnosing each setting individually.

2: It gets you out of our hair for at least 5 minutes and there's probably a good chance you won't call back.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #34
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Oh, I'll let you all in on another secret. If something goes wrong, I always have my BOFH Excuse Generator handy.

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ballard/bofh/bofhserver.pl
Old 07-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #35
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail37.html
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #36
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
Love me some HSR!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #37
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
This video is not far from the truth...really!

LMAO! Best video ever.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #38
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
That video is friggin funny! Sooo true!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #39
gyoung

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1 AGM
Quote:
This video is not far from the truth...really!

Thanks for this. My coworkers and I got a kick out of this. Lot of fellow IT guys here I see.

MODS: WeatherTech floor and trunk mats, Heritage Grill, 3D Carbon Fender Vents, CAI by Cold Air Induction, MRT V2 exhaust, RPI tail light and side marker blackout.

Upcoming Mods: Seibon BBII hood, windows tinted.
gyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #40
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
When I was inquiring about a truck last year the first thing i got was a txt message.... not even a call... A TXT MESSAGE!! geeze!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #41
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
When I was inquiring about a truck last year the first thing i got was a txt message.... not even a call... A TXT MESSAGE!! geeze!
What's wrong w/ that? Many people will send a text first as a courtesy asking if right now is an ok time to call you.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #42
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

About 6 months ago, I had asked for a screen shot of an error. From someone in sales. This is what I received. For real. Exactly like this.