Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #323
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I was quite skeptical of the whole catch-can phenomenon, but now I am a believer. I finally got around to installing mine a couple of days ago and within one tank of gas, I had a spoonful of oil in my catch-can.
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #324
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthZL1 View Post
I was quite skeptical of the whole catch-can phenomenon, but now I am a believer. I finally got around to installing mine a couple of days ago and within one tank of gas, I had a spoonful of oil in my catch-can.

Seeing is believing.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #325
elsololobo02

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Seeing is believing.
This is so true. I emptied my Apex can at 1K miles today. 2.25 Ounces of oil were drained. So, if I drive the car for 100K miles this can would catch an equivalent of 7.03 Quarts of oil that would have normally been ingested back into the engine without the can. I absolutely love this product.
elsololobo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #326
Jenkins

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue Metallic 10spd
I recently received my catch can and have a few minor issues with it. First I only received 2 of the hose clamps, the online instructions says I should have 4. Second issue has to do with the mounting bracket. The bottom 2 screw holes are not drilled and tapped deep enough and the bolts stick out about 3mm.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #327
Shrek

You only need 2 clamps. The instructions are wrong. You don't need any where the hoses go into the can. Also it is a lot easier if you use the port on the passenger side of the can instead of the front one like the instructions say. Can't help you with the screws tho.
Roto-Fab Intake, Apex Catch Can, Stainless Works 2" long tube headers with cat delete, Stainless Works 3" retro chambered catback, ATI Super Damper with 10% overdrive lower pulley, tuned by JRE. Sitting on Black MRR 228's wrapped in MT's.
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #328
Dr.Spike

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (IOM)
I have the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins View Post
I recently received my catch can and have a few minor issues with it. First I only received 2 of the hose clamps, the online instructions says I should have 4. Second issue has to do with the mounting bracket. The bottom 2 screw holes are not drilled and tapped deep enough and the bolts stick out about 3mm.
Dr.Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #329
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Spike View Post
I have the same issue.
I will be installing mine this weekend. I guess I'll have to check the screws before taking anything apart. A reply from Apex would be swell

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #330
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
I will be installing mine this weekend. I guess I'll have to check the screws before taking anything apart. A reply from Apex would be swell
The screws were recently changed, and the ones that were delivered were the incorrect length. We didn't discover this until after several were sent out. If you received the incorrect screws, contact Victoria at 502-930-2739 and we can get new screws out to you. Or, you need an M5 0.80x8mm stainless steel button socket cap screw. We source them from Fastenal, and there is probably one local to almost everyone, if you need them immediately. They are a few cents each.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #331
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
You only need 2 clamps. The instructions are wrong. You don't need any where the hoses go into the can.
The 4 corbin clamps are used if you have standard fittings, which we aren't even shipping because all cans are getting the upgraded Push-Loc fittings. There is no need for the Corbin clamp on the end with the Push-Loc.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:47 PM   #332
Dr.Spike

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (IOM)
Thanks for the update Paul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
The screws were recently changed, and the ones that were delivered were the incorrect length. We didn't discover this until after several were sent out. If you received the incorrect screws, contact Victoria at 502-930-2739 and we can get new screws out to you. Or, you need an M5 0.80x8mm stainless steel button socket cap screw. We source them from Fastenal, and there is probably one local to almost everyone, if you need them immediately. They are a few cents each.
Dr.Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #333
Jenkins

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue Metallic 10spd
Cool

Yes thanks for the update, there is a fastenal store just a few blocks away from my house. i'll just get some bolts and call it good.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #334
Shrek

After about 200 miles.
Attached Images

Roto-Fab Intake, Apex Catch Can, Stainless Works 2" long tube headers with cat delete, Stainless Works 3" retro chambered catback, ATI Super Damper with 10% overdrive lower pulley, tuned by JRE. Sitting on Black MRR 228's wrapped in MT's.
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #335
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post

I just installed mine and it has the same problem. Received four days ago
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:54 AM   #336
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Lower screws were to long in mine also. I installed using the upper only and will stop at Fastenal Monday to get two shorter ones. I also sprayed them simi gloss black so the silver won't slap you in the face looking at it.

I also installed with the return off the side rater then the front side as the instructions say. Looks and functions better IMO.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote