Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
NEED HELP GETTING A DETAILED REPAIR REPORT

I am looking at a couple different vehicles that are salvaged titled. The place I looking to buy them says they have no such detailed information on the car.

They purchase these cars that are wrecked and sell them whole, they do not part them out. It seems weird they wouldn't have the reports, but I have already asked them point blank.

I am trying to find a way to get a detailed repair report. It seems that the insurance company would have it, but I called my insurance company if they could look it up and they said no.

carfax will tell you that the car had an accident and if there were airbags deployed and if there is frame damage, but that doesn't tell the whole story.

So, does anyone know how to get this detailed information on a car?

Here is the vin of one of the cars if that helps:
SCCPC11196HL82637
Old 05-29-2016, 04:31 PM   #2
Slilly20102ss

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
Try and contact previous owner to insurance company
Old 05-30-2016, 02:17 PM   #3
curt.r

Drives: a Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I am looking at a couple different vehicles that are salvaged titled. The place I looking to buy them says they have no such detailed information on the car.

They purchase these cars that are wrecked and sell them whole, they do not part them out. It seems weird they wouldn't have the reports, but I have already asked them point blank.

I am trying to find a way to get a detailed repair report. It seems that the insurance company would have it, but I called my insurance company if they could look it up and they said no.

carfax will tell you that the car had an accident and if there were airbags deployed and if there is frame damage, but that doesn't tell the whole story.

So, does anyone know how to get this detailed information on a car?

Here is the vin of one of the cars if that helps:
SCCPC11196HL82637
A quick google search yielded these results:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157...ige-day-80979/

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f231...-exige-357913/

Seems like that Lotus was a Vegas rental car, rented under the company Dream Car Rentals. You might be able to contact them to see if they have any damage report/information on the car. Been lurking the forum for a while, decided to make an account to try to help you out. Hope this helps.
curt.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:03 PM   #4
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Only one that would have a detailed report would be the one that did the repairs?
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:16 AM   #5
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
If any damage wasn't reported to the insurance company, the only way you'll ever know about it is if the previous owner/owners tell you. It won't show up on any report.

We get people all the time that pay out of pocket to get their car fixed rather than go through insurance, possibly increasing their rates and lowering their resale value. Or they are seriously under insured so reporting an accident/mishap to their insurance company will do nothing to help pay for the damage anyways, so they don't bother.

Just one example of what we see all too often....We had a long time customer ask us to check over a newer Subaru Forester she was considering buying. She said the Carfax came back clean, no accidents, one owner, looked perfect on paper. All we had to do was pop the hood to see it was obvious(to us), the front end had taken a serious hit at some point. They did a pretty good job getting it back to almost straight, but one headlight wouldn't sit quite right, there was a very slight kink in a fender, subframe had a minor twist to it, etc. Car looked good, really good, but having years of experience piecing cars back together, those things, and more, were glaringly obvious to us, but the average person would never even notice them.

Bottom line, you'll never know the complete history of a car unless you own it from day one.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #6
TLSTWIN

Thanks for all the help. Got really busy this week and i don't get notifications from the site, so I haven't had time to check in.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #7
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Unrepaired salvage title vehicle from an auction or some such source?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Unrepaired salvage title vehicle from an auction or some such source?
Yep, sorry Pete, I don't get email updates. I'm still looking for a cheap track car.