Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 07-21-2017, 08:46 AM   #141
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Given more Mustangs are produced than Camaro's, wouldn't it be logical to see more at a drag strip?
the ratio is too far skewed to be attributed solely to sales numbers... even more so when the 5th and 6th gen Camaro has more retail sales.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #142
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
I provide video evidence to support my claims and your response is to tell me I probably blew my engine , even after I told you it's running perfectly fine? At least we know trolling is permitted on this site... by camaro fanboys.
I'm trolling? LOL! Why, because I think you're a liar? You post a video of something from over 2 years ago and I'm supposed to believe it? You really must think you're on a Mustang forum. Nobody here is impressed with the Mustang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
LOL the battle never stops!

Some Mustang S550 facts I have witnessed with my own eyes:
  • Stock S550 auto running 12.4, 12.2 with just DRs, 11.9 with just adding a mail order tune and a home made CAI
  • 590 RWHP S550 Auto with a Paxton, injectors, tune, and DRs running 10.4@131mph
  • Unknown HP twin turbo S550 auto running high 9s hitting the brakes on the big end
  • A bolton only older coyote M6 running 11.4 with a 1.5 60' getting some air under the front tires

Fact, SSes are currently a little faster than S550s, but it can be a drivers race especially M6 V M6.

And I expect the 2018 GT to close the gap with more power, a higher redline, and I heard about a slight weight loss, but have not read that anywhere.
And I've seen GTs with full bolt-ons barely keeping up with stock a SS. I've seen FBO S197 Boss 302s lose a roll-on to stock Camaros. LOL!! I've never seen a Coyote on a stock shortblock do better than a mid 11. And even when they do run mid 11s it is with a tire, suspension mods, forced induction with LTs, and race gas. Camaros do it on forced induction and a tire alone on pump gas.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #143
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

resorting to calling me a liar is not a good look man... it means your out of excuses and just butt hurt

Fwiw I don't trash the Camaro on Mustang forums either
Old 07-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #144
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'm trolling? LOL! Why, because I think you're a liar? You post a video of something from over 2 years ago and I'm supposed to believe it? You really must think you're on a Mustang forum. Nobody here is impressed with the Mustang.

And I've seen GTs with full bolt-ons barely keeping up with stock a SS. I've seen FBO S197 Boss 302s lose a roll-on to stock Camaros. LOL!! I've never seen a Coyote on a stock shortblock do better than a mid 11. And even when they do run mid 11s it is with a tire, suspension mods, forced induction with LTs, and race gas. Camaros do it on forced induction and a tire alone on pump gas.
Funny, I’ve seen a stock 2016 SS lose to a stock EB mustang. Using your logic, I can now say that EB mustangs are faster than 2016 SS camaros.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:14 PM   #145
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
He and his buddy have been doing nothing but trolling. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean others can't see it. I call it for what it is. And I am very vocal about the POS Mustang. None of us has to respect that car.
I didnt even quote you man, do you.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #146
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
the ratio is too far skewed to be attributed solely to sales numbers... even more so when the 5th and 6th gen Camaro has more retail sales.
What ratio? Any evidence? Keeping in mind this is anecdotal evidence on your part and you've shown ZERO evidence to support either of these claims, lets list a few of the variables at play here.

1. Mustang's outsell Camaro's
2. Every drag strip has different ratio's of Mustang's and Camaro's on different nights.
3. Mustang's are cheaper
- to afford a Camaro one must spend more $$
- Camaro owners must (a) earn higher wage, (b) work more hours
- if (b) then less time available for drag strip
4. Camaro's also frequent road courses
5. Camaro owners have interests beyond drag strip

I'm not implying your anecdotal experience isn't legitimate, I'm simply questioning what your statement is based on. If this is your opinion based on your experience, then this is uniquely yours. But there are also a multitude of reasons to explain this observation as listed above.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #147
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
What ratio? Any evidence? Keeping in mind this is anecdotal evidence on your part and you've shown ZERO evidence to support either of these claims, lets list a few of the variables at play here.

1. Mustang's outsell Camaro's
2. Every drag strip has different ratio's of Mustang's and Camaro's on different nights.
3. Mustang's are cheaper
- to afford a Camaro one must spend more $$
- Camaro owners must (a) earn higher wage, (b) work more hours
- if (b) then less time available for drag strip
4. Camaro's also frequent road courses
5. Camaro owners have interests beyond drag strip

I'm not implying your anecdotal experience isn't legitimate, I'm simply questioning what your statement is based on. If this is your opinion based on your experience, then this is uniquely yours. But there are also a multitude of reasons to explain this observation as listed above.
my experience is from a variety of tracks in FL over the last 30yrs. now perhaps FL is a haven for Mustang owners and perhaps I just have not been to the track when Camaro owners like to go (hard to imagine because there are only 1 or 2 test and tune nights per week). maybe somebody can post some video from a track where Camaros out number Mustangs other than at a Chevy show? I can post 30 videos where Mustangs outnumber Camaros b ut I know the argument will be that the sample size is too small or that the person filming has a mustang bias or yada yada. Im over it anyway.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #148
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
resorting to calling me a liar is not a good look man... it means your out of excuses and just butt hurt

Fwiw I don't trash the Camaro on Mustang forums either
Nah...it means I think you're a liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Funny, I’ve seen a stock 2016 SS lose to a stock EB mustang. Using your logic, I can now say that EB mustangs are faster than 2016 SS camaros.
Yea and I've seen stock Camaro SS beat FBO Coyotes...which is true. So by your logic, the GT is slower than the EB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I didnt even quote you man, do you.
Honestly, I wasn't even coming at you so I won't engage. But I AM saying that the person you were referring to and myself and others can see the trolling that is going on and we call it for what it is. You might not see it but others do.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:31 PM   #149
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Yea and I've seen stock Camaro SS beat FBO Coyotes...which is true. So by your logic, the GT is slower than the EB.
No man, it's your logic...which means the Camaro SS is slower than the EB mustang. And by this same logic, my stock foxbody is faster than the 2016 Camaro SS.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #150
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I love how the Ferd boys go on about S197 being so much quicker than the 5th gen when they were a driver's race.. Their performance numbers were much closer than the S550 and 6th gen Camaro.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #151
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
Mustang Fanboy and FastCarFanBoy are likely the same user with two different accounts...

Past:
2022 Tesla S Plaid
2020 Shelby GT500 sold
2019 Hellcat Redeye-traded for new GT500
2019 ZL1 A10 - sold (meh)
2019 Tesla M3P
2016 Hellcat Challenger - A8 sold but never forgotten
2016 Camaro 2SS M6
2014 Mustang GT A6
2012 Mustang GT M6 "brembo" 3.73/FBO
2012 Camaro SS L99 (Wife's)
- slow
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #152
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
Mustang Fanboy and FastCarFanBoy are likely the same user with two different accounts...
LOL, I thought this same thing. I just feel bad for them that they try soo hard to defend such a clearly pathetic "Muscle" car, haha!! I mean, for the price and for the trim level, Ford currently makes the slowest cars of the three at each trim level. Even the 370Z boys **** with them. You should hear how badly those guys diss the S550s.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:19 PM   #153
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
The 10.4-130+ 2017 Mustang GT (3K miles) is for sale if anyone is interested. No Meth on 93 pump gas. I am not knocking the Camaro at all. It is a little faster but the Mustang is competitive.

The "debate" is fun. Keep on slinging the mud.

Last edited by Fraxum; 07-22-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:57 AM   #154
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
as a normal dd car the gen6 camaro wipes the floor with those junk mustangs.
the coyote motor is a joke below 4000 revs.
the hood shake on the s550 above 100mph is a joke
the tramlining on the s550 is a joke
the stock pp suspension is a joke.
the manual mt82 is a collosal joke
the drive line vibes is a joke
ac failures is a joke
driveline clunk is a joke.
the s550 is a joke car..cheap nasty made junk..i owned mine 7 months and was glad to see it go.
my 2013 camaro was a pleasure to won and drive..i got thumbs up from at least 10 people a day.
never happened once in the s550..
only buy an s550 with the brembro brakes if u want a car with good brakes..
if u want a good car then NEVER EVER BUY one of these junk cars.

THE GEN6 CAMARO i test drove was simply amazing..1000 000 million light years ahead of that s550
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, mustang