Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #1
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Anyone considering a White Camaro?

So as I've been searching for my next car, I'll admit I've jumped around between a few cars before I came to decide I wanted the Camaro. But I'm pretty convinced I'm going to be getting the new Camaro because it really fits all of the criteria that I want in my next car.

But selecting a color has been almost just as difficult as selecting which car I want. After owning two black cars, as much as I love black, I think it's time for a new color. And I've been really leaning towards white. With the Camaro I'm thinking about this as my theme

White Camaro LT/RS (or SS maybe...) Jet-black interior, with powdercoated matte or gloss black rims and maybe a red lip around the rims. And maybe black stripes.

I thought about it when I was considering getting a Solstice Coupe GXP. I have a pic provided below of it.

Then I have a pic of the Cobalt SS Turbocharged that I was also considering with the similar theme.

But I'm wondering how it would look on the Camaro? What do you guys think?
Here are the links of the white Camaro...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6409
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6394
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
whenever i think of white cars i think of rental cars.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
Yeah I do too a little now that you mention it. However I think the color looks nice, and it would probably be my third choice after Silver and Black. And as always it just depends on what you like, if you are really feeling the white then go for it, you will not be dissapointed (tho it may be a little hard to keep super clean if you are someone like me who has to have a constantly clean car lol!).
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 PM   #4
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
I don't know how one can count white out after seeing the images from that first link
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
stermiester

Drives: 2007 mustang
i think white on a car looks sharp.i think ur right on with the black rims and stripes on a white car. but the camaro... it sucks.... it makes every color look good.... i cant choose either...
stermiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
lol I guess I don't pay attention to rental cars that much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
Yeah I do too a little now that you mention it. However I think the color looks nice, and it would probably be my third choice after Silver and Black. And as always it just depends on what you like, if you are really feeling the white then go for it, you will not be dissapointed (tho it may be a little hard to keep super clean if you are someone like me who has to have a constantly clean car lol!).
Yeah, After I saw the Silver SS pics from Indy I fell in love with the color on the Camaro. Never was a fan of silver until I saw it. It's definitely up there on my color preference. As sweet as black does look on the Camaro, I just can't get another black car. I don't want to deal with the maintenance unless it's a car that I'm going to be keeping in the garage... Until the weekends...

I am someone who constantly has to have a clean car. From my experience, my parents have two white cars, and they seem to stay, or look a lot cleaner than my black SS does...
Old 09-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #7
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
I don't know how one can count white out after seeing the images from that first link
Quote:
Originally Posted by stermiester View Post
i think white on a car looks sharp.i think ur right on with the black rims and stripes on a white car. but the camaro... it sucks.... it makes every color look good.... i cant choose either...
Agreed! It's such a hard choice isn't it?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
stermiester

i like the dark silver.... the name is evading me right now... its on the zr1... and the imperial blue... the dark blue...i think that would look really good with the flat stripes....
Old 09-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #9
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stermiester View Post
i like the dark silver.... the name is evading me right now... its on the zr1...
Cyber Gray?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
stermiester

THANK YOU! haha... i think there are too many colors to choose from... "you can have a Model T in any color.... as long as its black" keep it simple haha. i think what ill end up doing is going into a dealership and seeing what they have and just go from there
Old 09-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #11
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
So as I've been searching for my next car, I'll admit I've jumped around between a few cars before I came to decide I wanted the Camaro. But I'm pretty convinced I'm going to be getting the new Camaro because it really fits all of the criteria that I want in my next car.

But selecting a color has been almost just as difficult as selecting which car I want. After owning two black cars, as much as I love black, I think it's time for a new color. And I've been really leaning towards white. With the Camaro I'm thinking about this as my theme

White Camaro LT/RS (or SS maybe...) Jet-black interior, with powdercoated matte or gloss black rims and maybe a red lip around the rims. And maybe black stripes.

I thought about it when I was considering getting a Solstice Coupe GXP. I have a pic provided below of it.

Then I have a pic of the Cobalt SS Turbocharged that I was also considering with the similar theme.

But I'm wondering how it would look on the Camaro? What do you guys think?
Here are the links of the white Camaro...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6409
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6394

if i were going to do a white car.i would have all the emblems in red and have red tinted ghost stripes.with black powder coated wheels ,and black interior

my last car was white so im gonna do a different color this time
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #12
ss09

Drives: 65 Nova
this is a nice pic of a white one. I want white camaro with black hockey stripes with chrom rims or black with white lip. the camaro looks good in everycolor. im getting mine in july but for all the guys buying sooner your pics will be needed for decision making.
Attached Images

ss09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #13
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
if i were going to do a white car.i would have all the emblems in red and have red tinted ghost stripes.with black powder coated wheels ,and black interior

my last car was white so im gonna do a different color this time
That would look sweet. I'm liking how the "RS" emblem is going to be red. So that already works out. I definitely could take the Chevy emblems off and paint them red too. And I never thought about those stripes before either...

Oh and the calipers will also be getting painted red too...

Yeah, I'd do black again, but at the same time as much as I want to, I'm like you and want to do something different.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:32 PM   #14
stermiester

and white is a nice color for here in arizona.... a black car is murder here... looks good but its like an oven