Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #57
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
So you have a cog drive, IW 8 rib, meth injection and now this. Excuse me for saying this but why not just get a bigger KB or Whipple blower? You could of probably bought one by now with all that Maggie upgrade money. IAT's would probably be close to the same on a stock Whipple with no upgrades vs your Maggie with all those extras. HP on the bigger blowers would for sure be more at the same boost PSI.
What's been done with the KB or Whip? Probably? Potential? Has it happended and I missed it? Excuse me for asking......
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #58
Sam88gta1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2006 CC Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Finally all set. Another meticulous install by Jannetty Racing. All that's left is to wash the car and head to the track and log the results. It should be interesting to see what the car will do with a full allotment of rwhp!
You will love the temperature control with the extra 5 gallons of water you have.
I did an install of a similar system in the 2010 Camaro we took to the Texas Mile this year. On the dyno a 5th gear pull from 2500 rpm to 7400rpm the IAT with a Snow Methanol system and the stock KB water cooler (1.3 gallons)went from 80 to 235 degrees. After the install of the water tank in the truck (a total of 7.3 gallons) the IAT went from 45 to 145 degrees. At the mile the IAT started at 40 degrees (tank filled with ice) and reached a peak of 170 degrees after 24 seconds of wide open throttle. Having the option to control the IAT helped to reach our goal of 200 mph. On the street tune (Pump gas 820rwhp) it makes within 10 rwhp on back to back to back runs with no cool down.
Here is a picture of the tank filled with ice and water about to make the final run of the weekend. You can see the ball valve in the picture used for the drain.You must be able to drain the water out to fill with fresh ice before your next pass.
Sam88gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:36 AM   #59
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Look out 9's - here your go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
So you have a cog drive, IW 8 rib, meth injection and now this. Excuse me for saying this but why not just get a bigger KB or Whipple blower? You could of probably bought one by now with all that Maggie upgrade money. IAT's would probably be close to the same on a stock Whipple with no upgrades vs your Maggie with all those extras. HP on the bigger blowers would for sure be more at the same boost PSI.
No meth anymore, and you are correct. A bigger blower would have been the proper thing to do and it's been discussed for a while. Honestly, the car is fast enough and we are just messing around and seeing what works. The IAT's are still high with a Whipple, just not as high as with the TVS. I would still need the IW kit with the Whipple.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:41 AM   #60
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

The ball valve and drain is located right under the rear fascia. They wanted to keep the trunk as uncluttered as possible.

So I should put fresh ice in before each pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
You will love the temperature control with the extra 5 gallons of water you have.
I did an install of a similar system in the 2010 Camaro we took to the Texas Mile this year. On the dyno a 5th gear pull from 2500 rpm to 7400rpm the IAT with a Snow Methanol system and the stock KB water cooler (1.3 gallons)went from 80 to 235 degrees. After the install of the water tank in the truck (a total of 7.3 gallons) the IAT went from 45 to 145 degrees. At the mile the IAT started at 40 degrees (tank filled with ice) and reached a peak of 170 degrees after 24 seconds of wide open throttle. Having the option to control the IAT helped to reach our goal of 200 mph. On the street tune (Pump gas 820rwhp) it makes within 10 rwhp on back to back to back runs with no cool down.
Here is a picture of the tank filled with ice and water about to make the final run of the weekend. You can see the ball valve in the picture used for the drain.You must be able to drain the water out to fill with fresh ice before your next pass.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #61
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
The ball valve and drain is located right under the rear fascia. They wanted to keep the trunk as uncluttered as possible.

Thats exactly what you do for the track. Meaning you need a different tune for the track or a very precise tune that knows when the inlets are at the right temp.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #62
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
Thats exactly what you do for the track. Meaning you need a different tune for the track or a very precise tune that knows when the inlets are at the right temp.
Ted has a street tune and a race tune already to go!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #63
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
i,m waiting to see some results..i,m still running meth 50/50 but not tuned for meth hp to avoid ss previous problems..but the meth has done nothing for my iats...so maybe i will try this route...my kb def runs hot..
Old 05-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #64
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:

I would think so. Keep the water as cold as possible..
Same way it cools it can heat..
Like the stock water air cooler has a little water that heats up over couple runs. Once its heat soaked its not working much anymore..
This 5 gallons will take way longer to heat up but still Id make sure theres ice in it for the most cooling..
I can only image how low your IATs will be..
I thought about spraying cryo on my intercooler for this kind of effect before..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #65
Slowhawk

Quote:
Ted has a street tune and a race tune already to go!
I would guess that would just be timing changes? Unless your changing pulley's at the track.

If the cooller setup is efficient I would expect 1 pass and the ice will be all gone. Don't really know how much heat transfer the cooler will have though. Our race cars blow through all the ice in 1 pass and the water is fairly warm when we drain it after the pass.

For a car like yours I'd probly just run dual meth nozzles and 16-18lbs all the time.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #66
Blitzman
173rd Paratrooper

Drives: Summit White SS
Quote:
I would guess that would just be timing changes? Unless your changing pulley's at the track.

If the cooller setup is efficient I would expect 1 pass and the ice will be all gone. Don't really know how much heat transfer the cooler will have though. Our race cars blow through all the ice in 1 pass and the water is fairly warm when we drain it after the pass.

For a car like yours I'd probly just run dual meth nozzles and 16-18lbs all the time.
Ya I wouldnt expect him to see more than 1 pass and still have ice left over.
American Racing Headers
Thunder Racing Cam
Walker Bullet Exhaust
DSS 1400hp Axles
Barton Industries Shifter
ADM Boost/AFR Gauges
Blitzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #67
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzman View Post
Ya I wouldnt expect him to see more than 1 pass and still have ice left over.

I'll find out on Friday! Don't worry. I'll have plenty on ice on hand. It is supposed to be warm out too (80 degrees and humid).
Old 05-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #68
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:

No pulley change at the track. The car runs the way is shows up. I do no work once I'm there except drive. Ted takes care of the tuning. I don't ask about all the changes becasue he is always tinkering. He'll read the logs and adjust as needed. I don't know enough to understand some of the stuff he does anyway.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #69
Slowhawk

Quote:
I'll find out on Friday! Don't worry. I'll have plenty on ice on hand. It is supposed to be warm out too (80 degrees and humid).
Dont come back on here till a 9 second slip is in hand.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #70
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
what do you guys think about cry02 intercooler sprayer looks like it might work,