Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 06-25-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
experiences with Albuquerque dealerships..?

Albuquerquians...... New Mexicans.... Tell me about your dealership experiences.... Me and my other have been poking around various places...

Reliable by Cottonwood seems to have the most choices....

Didn't like Galles at all.....

We may just wind up making our purchase out of State... But I thought I would ask.. see what/whom you folks might recommend...

I could potentialy buy a Camaro as soon as tommorrow, or wait for a 2011, or even wait and see if a Z28 becomes a possibility, I have no time table..

Lucille

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
Albuquerquians...... New Mexicans.... Tell me about your dealership experiences.... Me and my other have been poking around various places...

Reliable by Cottonwood seems to have the most choices....

Didn't like Galles at all.....

We may just wind up making our purchase out of State... But I thought I would ask.. see what/whom you folks might recommend...

I could potentialy buy a Camaro as soon as tommorrow, or wait for a 2011, or even wait and see if a Z28 becomes a possibility, I have no time table..

Lucille
What is up!

I can tell you that I've had great and horrible experiences with about all of the Chevy shops in ABQ.

WIth that said, I'd still buy another Camaro at Galles. I've sent people there and always will.

Never ever will I go or tell somebody to go to Reliable. I've had two friends that worked there tell me the same thing.

But, I know people who swear by em so...

A matter of who you get on a certain day I reckon.

Now, if you're the same person that I talked to on the phone the other day about Turbo's for the new Camaro then I can tell you where a SMOKIN deal on a 1SS is right now.

One of the guys here ( I won't name names...Larry) traded his insanely clean 1SS/M6 car in at the Dodge place on the westside and it's still out there.

I know what they gave him for it and even if you paid $1500 over that, it would be a steal.

I don't even think that he had more than 800 miles on it when he traded it in. I could be wrong.

One vote for Galles
One vote against Reliable, Pitre and Brad Francis.

Best of luck and don't wait for the Z unless you are ready to shell out fierce.
-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:45 AM   #3
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
I am seeking a 2SS/RS A6, must have a sunroof..... and I never spoke with you on the phone, must have been somebody else. I have tried throughout the years to make a purchase from Reliable, and never have, as they never seem to give me what I want.

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
I am seeking a 2SS/RS A6, must have a sunroof..... and I never spoke with you on the phone, must have been somebody else. I have tried throughout the years to make a purchase from Reliable, and never have, as they never seem to give me what I want.
Somebody else up there is looking too! lol

There's an A6 CGM at Galles that is sick loaded. GFX and everything. Sticker is $42...could easily get it for $37-35.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

Color??
Ivan
Old 06-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #5
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
I hate car salesmen always have. I got mine at Reliable and have had bad experiences at all three Chevy dealers in town including Reliable. There are two salesmaen at Reliable that are pretty good (Tim and Miguel Rojas). The sales manager is where the problem is and he knows I will never be purchasing a vehicle from there ever again, or Galles and Casa. I am a GM Supplier so those guys see me all the time and they all were on my side when they found out what happened, I guess the General Manager at Reliable isnt well liked but there is no one above him so it is what it is (hes not even liked by the GM at Reliable Nissan). To get the car you want just order it custom from the factory but make sure the paperwork and final pricing is in order, also put down the bare minimum required to order. You can track its progress on the assembly line in Canada all the til its shipped to the dealer. The 2011 has a HUD finally got one in the yard, its a cool upgrade 350.00 over the 2010 pricing. Plus dont pay a mark up, thats suppose to be over with the abundance of Camaros lately. Hope that helps.
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
I got my 1SS at reliable for 31,450 including tax title and license they gave me a about 1000 dollars of sticker and took of the ridiculous dealer markup the car before TTL was about 30,000 so i got a great deal. The salesman i was with was meh. But the managers and finance managers was great. The price still included the dealer addons like Zek tek and wheel protection, but they gave them to me for free...
Pretty good experience.
Unless the Z28 is a completely different engine or body style I wouldn't wait. Rumors are is that it is just a supercharged ls3 with a hyped up interior, but we won't know for sure till the rumors are set in stone. Good luck with your quest!.
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
cjingle

Drives: 1969 Camaro RS, 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I bought mine at Galles. Okay experience. Not the best.

Since I was one of the few that got the first Camaros in the state, I paid top dollar plus the huge markup that Galles put on it. I really hate that. If it's a new model, sell it for retail and keep it there. Don't rape the customer. Especially if you want them back.

I guess they don't consider loyalty. Anyway, I'd would go with Andre's recommendation and order the car with all of the features you want and make sure you lock in the price beforehand. You could probably do that with any dealership across the country remotely. You can then have it delivered here. Andre can pick it up for you

I've never liked working with sales at car dealerships with the exception of Garcia Honda. Their new car sales staff do not work on commission, rather, they are salaried. As such, there is none of that "negotiation" you have to go through. What's on the sticker is what it is. But, you may have to work a little on your trade in. It was a great experience since there was no pressure.

Another thing to consider is to see if your bank or credit union has a service to negotiate on your behalf. That takes the pressure off of you and they know the drill better. I bank with USAA and they have that service. I've used it for pricing before, but not the negotiation. On my next purchase, I'll give it a whirl.

Good luck!

Curt
cjingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
If you're looking out of state try Rudolph Chevrolet in El Paso. The dealer that worked with me when I ordered my 2SS was the best, he was always available and on top of things. They sold it to me at MSRP and not one cent higher. I would call them up, ask for Adrian Aragon he was an A+ dealer in my book. I'm sure hell work with you and you can always have a car shipped to the closest dealer even if you purchased it from another.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjingle View Post

I've never liked working with sales at car dealerships with the exception of Garcia Honda. Their new car sales staff do not work on commission, rather, they are salaried. As such, there is none of that "negotiation" you have to go through. What's on the sticker is what it is. But, you may have to work a little on your trade in. It was a great experience since there was no pressure.
I totally agree about Garcia. That's where we got our Accord. We walked in (knowing what we could get one for based on what the average loaded V6/Ex was going for) with a cashiers check from her work and the guy basically said "pick your color....we can do that."

I'd go there again in a second.

If you really want the best deal, hit up Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas. I was about to pull the trigger with them there as they offererred me both the GMS and USAA discounts. They even offerred to buy my plane ticket home if it didn't work out. That's service to me.

Camaro Scotty (Newman Chevrolet) is also really kick ass and has a huge following here on Camaro5.com.

Then you could let Andre go get it for you....lmao

-Ivan
Old 06-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Mission and Rudolph in El Paso I hear are pretty good and I will definatly haul your rig up north to Albuquerque for free unless it has a blue oval on it that says ford, lol (I never spell that word with a capitol f). Just let em know you will be picking it up so they dont charge you to transfer it up this way and if they tell you they can haul it to another dealer of your choice free of charge dont believe em. You will pay (hidden cost somewhere). Just sign the following contract:

I will show up to the meet and greets.
I will participate in the SMS track days.
I will attend the events at the drag strip.
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #11
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
For you Andre
Attached Images

Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Good one!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #13
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZTOM View Post
Good one!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I second the motion.....

Look, it's rubbing off guys!
Ivan
Old 07-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #14
jthibodaux

Drives: Black, Manual V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by andredmg View Post

Love it!!

As for reliable "Miguel" treated my wife like a piece of luggage. The sales manager sucked, and I will never puirchase a vehicle at that lot again. I am a fan of custoemr service, treat me right and youll have a customer for life.

Joe.
jthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote