Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Camaro "Gremlins" thread

The car is great, its everything and more than I was expecting. But, in the 5 days and 550 miles since I picked it up from the dealer I've had the following "gremlins" (not the AMC ones) creep up.

The trunk lid occasionally refuses to open. When using the inside trunk release (on the drivers side door) and both the remotes, it just makes a clicking noise for as long as you hold the open buttons down. Had to pull down the back seat, crawl into the trunk, pull the emergency trunk release lever and push up the trunk lid to get it opened. Almost happened again today, but after several times pushing the trunk release on the remote it opened. Tried it about 20 more times, no problem. Sprayed a bit of silcone spray on the lock/catch mechanism. (BTW there is no "key entry" for the trunk, only electromechanical). Will keep an eye on it and report back to you and if necessary the dealer (but have a feeling its one of those things where it will never happen at the dealer).

Yesterday after washing it, I opened both drivers side and passenger windows and then tried closing them. Drivers side kept going up half way and then cycling back down. Tried it several times, same thing. Checked so see if there was something blocking its travel in the tracks, nothing. Tried it again, same thing. Tried to push down on the window as it was going up to see if it was perhaps an overly sensitive safety feature and it went right up. No problem on the passenger side. NOTE: If there is safety feature to stop the window from going all the way up if there is resistance it doesn't work. Almost took my hand off!.

Yes I realize its new and a new model and there will be things like this and others that will come up. Thought I'd put this out there to see if others are having other "growing pains" with their cars.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Good stuff!

On the trunk thing, I wonder if there are adjusters on the trunk like on a hood...you move them up or down to get the right pressure against the lid so it's not loose, but not so tight the latch doesn't work freely.

Can you check that and get back to us?
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
sorry to hear about the issues, are you gonna take it back to the dealer to see what the dilly?

any others have the same issue?
Old 05-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Miketebo22
Iceman

Drives: SOLD #20,908 SS waiting for ZL1
Send a message via MSN to Miketebo22
hmm...good information to have. I will test this stuff out when i get my car in and report back!
Old 05-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Hate to say this but...I'd never buy a Camaro when it first comes it..too many problems wrong..I'd wait a year.
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
MerF
Go Rays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
Hate to say this but...I'd never buy a Camaro when it first comes it..too many problems wrong..I'd wait a year.
Wow. I'll keep that in mind the next time this year's car is first built.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
KJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Good stuff!

On the trunk thing, I wonder if there are adjusters on the trunk like on a hood...you move them up or down to get the right pressure against the lid so it's not loose, but not so tight the latch doesn't work freely.

Can you check that and get back to us?
No "adjusters" like on the hood. There are these spring loaded devices on each side of the trunk lid protruding down (see pix) that are pretty strong and cannot be adusted for tension.
Attached Images

Mine at sunset
Old 05-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
KJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
sorry to hear about the issues, are you gonna take it back to the dealer to see what the dilly?

any others have the same issue?
I'll keep an eye on these two items and see if they re-appear. Hopefully just "one of those" freak occurances, if not, its off to the dealer.

Mine at sunset
Old 05-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
MerF
Go Rays!

Interesting that those are not adjustable, but thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #10
Tecca

Drives: ...
So far my only problem is either my fuel sensor is bad, the fuel gauge is bad or just a loose connector somewhere. Have an appointment Tuesday 7am to see what the problem is. Nothing major that can't be fixed!!!
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:02 PM   #11
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
The car is great, its everything and more than I was expecting. But, in the 5 days and 550 miles since I picked it up from the dealer I've had the following "gremlins" (not the AMC ones) creep up.

The trunk lid occasionally refuses to open. When using the inside trunk release (on the drivers side door) and both the remotes, it just makes a clicking noise for as long as you hold the open buttons down. Had to pull down the back seat, crawl into the trunk, pull the emergency trunk release lever and push up the trunk lid to get it opened. Almost happened again today, but after several times pushing the trunk release on the remote it opened. Tried it about 20 more times, no problem. Sprayed a bit of silcone spray on the lock/catch mechanism. (BTW there is no "key entry" for the trunk, only electromechanical). Will keep an eye on it and report back to you and if necessary the dealer (but have a feeling its one of those things where it will never happen at the dealer).

Yesterday after washing it, I opened both drivers side and passenger windows and then tried closing them. Drivers side kept going up half way and then cycling back down. Tried it several times, same thing. Checked so see if there was something blocking its travel in the tracks, nothing. Tried it again, same thing. Tried to push down on the window as it was going up to see if it was perhaps an overly sensitive safety feature and it went right up. No problem on the passenger side. NOTE: If there is safety feature to stop the window from going all the way up if there is resistance it doesn't work. Almost took my hand off!.

Yes I realize its new and a new model and there will be things like this and others that will come up. Thought I'd put this out there to see if others are having other "growing pains" with their cars.
Considering the window and trunk are both electrical issues, I would bring it to the dealer immediately. Little stuff happens on a first year model, BUT, those are generic appliances... all chevys have windows and trunks.. that should not happen.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Wow. I'll keep that in mind the next time this year's car is first built.

How about every1 in the world does that forever...
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #13
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
The window should be able to be fixed by computer. I think there was a similar GM TSB going around. Don't remember the car.

The rear latch thing probably needs a heavy gear grease not a spray. Check if the mounting is adjustable on either side. They will fix these for you.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #14
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
These are small things that I would simply bring to the dealer. All cars have little issues. My Honda CR-V had a Window issue, and a Seat thing that needed adjusting. Every car I have ever bought new (about 15 so far) has had small issues. I brought them in and never had them again. I am willing to bet, this is an isolated set of issues.