Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #15
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
Remember to have your bushings timed when you do your alignment after the spring install. And yes, the progressive spring rates provide properly engineered ride quality and fitment on the mounts. You can get a set of Hotchkis 1" lowering springs from JDP Motorsports for $229. http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/hotchk...amaro-ss-19110 It will cost you around $3-400 for a proper install, timing and alignment.
+1 very affordable and will ride great! Save some money on the install and do them yourself. Just get a good alignment and time the bushings afterward. Suspension is not the place to save money IMO. After all; your whole car is riding on them.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions

Beat regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #16
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Awww, c'mon man.......thats a ricer way of thinking. I' m disappointed. :
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #17
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Player with no $......

Cut springs is just flat out incorrect, wrong, dangerous and should not be done.

If you can't afford them...leave the car stock.
Excuse me? My original point and question was that why would I buy springs if I could save a few $ and just cut them. But the answer was no. Thats what I was looking for. I dont need your smarta** saying I should "leave the car stock" and im a "player with no money."

You didnt need to comment on this, as my question had been already answered multiple times. The way I view your comment is that you are just trying to be a flat out snob. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #18
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #19
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
How can you have over 400 posts and been on here a year and a half and not know about springs and not cutting them?? I guess I just do alot more reading than posting.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #20
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Im mainly coametic. If you look at my posts its mainly in the washing and waxing area. Im not a suspension guy
Old 04-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #21
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Nothing wrong with asking questions! We all were suspension newbs at some point! But I concur with the rest of the folks here, don't "skimp" on your suspension. Do it right the first time and you'll have a much better handling vehicle.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #22
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post
Excuse me? My original point and question was that why would I buy springs if I could save a few $ and just cut them. But the answer was no. Thats what I was looking for. I dont need your smarta** saying I should "leave the car stock" and im a "player with no money."

You didnt need to comment on this, as my question had been already answered multiple times. The way I view your comment is that you are just trying to be a flat out snob. Thanks.
My post was definitely sarcastic, but a guy with Playa in his name trying to save $ struck me as funny, however there was a 100% serious message at the same time.

This question of cutting springs usual comes up when enthusiasts cannot afford to do something so the mod gets 1/2 assed and is more often than not a danger to themselves and others. If you or other 1/2 ass a engine mod or stereo install, whatever, but a suspension modifications that is potentially dangerous will receive a comment. If you or anyone cannot afford to do it right is should not be done.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #23
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
Christ. I thought we had FPFQ'ers over on ls1gto (I also own an 05 and 06 GTO). This shit takes the cake.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #24
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Ok
Old 04-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #25
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Well that ended well.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #26
Audacious nick

Drives: Far
It'll be fine. You can lower your car up to three inches by cutting the springs. Cut part from the top and the rest from the bottom. Make sure to grind it flat after.
The result will be an awesome drop and you'll lose control and crash, putting you out of the misery of not being able to afford $300 in lowering springs.
Audacious nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #27
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious nick View Post
It'll be fine. You can lower your car up to three inches by cutting the springs. Cut part from the top and the rest from the bottom. Make sure to grind it flat after.
The result will be an awesome drop and you'll lose control and crash, putting you out of the misery of not being able to afford $300 in lowering springs.
Sweet man. Thanks. Ill be sure to make a note of your awesome advice.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #28
mistermike

Drives: 2004 GTO
Instead of lowering the car, why not just raise the wheels? Much simpler.
2003 CTS with dead hooker in spacious trunk
fquick
mistermike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cut, drop, springs, ss suspension