Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #729
IBMCamaro

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM Camaro
I ordered a 10 IBM 2LT RS with CGM stripes and polished rims. I'll probably be one of the last 10's made. I'm stoked and am now losing it... I thought I could make it til mid June....

Has anyone thought of getting their wheels chromed?? I saw a post on several company's chroming your stock wheels... I like that more than the polished wheel.
IBMCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #730
IBMcamaroGIRL

Drives: 2LT,IBM,RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Probably not since you ordered it. If it was sitting on his lot then yeah, since no one will want a '10 when the '11s come out in a month so he'll have to move it. Since you ordered it he can consider it to be moved. You should get as good a deal as anyone else on here ($1000 less than MSRP), but don't expect to get extra money off because the '11s are coming out.
yea but couldn't i say to him that you swore to me the 2011's wouldn't come out until aug and that i demand some more off or no deal because hes going to have to sell that car at a much lower invoice regardless no ones going to want a 2010 unless it's a great deal.. i don't even care if its a few hundred off i won't tell him that but you know what i mean havoc?
IBMcamaroGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #731
IBMcamaroGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMCamaro View Post
I ordered a 10 IBM 2LT RS with CGM stripes and polished rims. I'll probably be one of the last 10's made. I'm stoked and am now losing it... I thought I could make it til mid June....

Has anyone thought of getting their wheels chromed?? I saw a post on several company's chroming your stock wheels... I like that more than the polished wheel.
we prob ordered around the same time i stuck with the ms rims i figured why spend the extra 400 wen next summer i'll have chrome.. if u find a company that chromes the wheels let me kno
Old 05-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #732
IBMCamaro

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMcamaroGIRL View Post
we prob ordered around the same time i stuck with the ms rims i figured why spend the extra 400 wen next summer i'll have chrome.. if u find a company that chromes the wheels let me kno
Do you have a TPW yet? Mine is set the week of 5/24.
IBMCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #733
IBMcamaroGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMCamaro View Post
Do you have a TPW yet? Mine is set the week of 5/24.
yea 5/30
Old 05-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #734
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMcamaroGIRL View Post
yea but couldn't i say to him that you swore to me the 2011's wouldn't come out until aug and that i demand some more off or no deal because hes going to have to sell that car at a much lower invoice regardless no ones going to want a 2010 unless it's a great deal.. i don't even care if its a few hundred off i won't tell him that but you know what i mean havoc?
These like names are killing me. I guess since you ordered it and haven't signed anything that you will buy it, you could use the you told me they weren't coming out till August, since they are coming out earlier I'm thinking of going to another dealership thats going to get a '11 in June and get that one unless you give me a good deal. Try speaking to the sales manager. A lot of times the sales guy can't do that kind of stuff but the sale manager can. Its worth a shot and remember not to be pulled into something you are not comfortable with. You can always walk away as long as you didn't sign anything. Just remember though that you probably won't be able to get THAT much off the cars, don't expect like $3k+ off the sticker price, they do have to make some money and they will probably only go so low. Low ball them with a number that you are comfortable paying and think is a good number (not some crazy $1 number) and just keep negotiating. A lot of times they start a high and you can usually bring them down a bunch.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:21 PM   #735
IBMcamaroGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
These like names are killing me. I guess since you ordered it and haven't signed anything that you will buy it, you could use the you told me they weren't coming out till August, since they are coming out earlier I'm thinking of going to another dealership thats going to get a '11 in June and get that one unless you give me a good deal. Try speaking to the sales manager. A lot of times the sales guy can't do that kind of stuff but the sale manager can. Its worth a shot and remember not to be pulled into something you are not comfortable with. You can always walk away as long as you didn't sign anything. Just remember though that you probably won't be able to get THAT much off the cars, don't expect like $3k+ off the sticker price, they do have to make some money and they will probably only go so low. Low ball them with a number that you are comfortable paying and think is a good number (not some crazy $1 number) and just keep negotiating. A lot of times they start a high and you can usually bring them down a bunch.
thanks thats exactly what im going to tell them i'll go to another dealer and get a 2011 unless i get a deal.. i purposely just wana give this guy a hard time cause he really did tell me ohh no 2011's till mayb august and that if i didnt order by the end of the week i would'nt b able to factory order one until around july.. thanks for the help
Old 05-12-2010, 03:12 AM   #736
MikeRP
ZMAN

Drives: 2010 SSRS; 1987 Z28
New Stripe Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I had all these "ideas" of stripes and what all that I was going to do to it when I was waiting those 3 long months before it arrived. But once I had it and was driving it I realized just how beautiful a car it actually is, just as it is. I changed the wheels and all my mods so far have been intake, exhaust, brakes, suspension (Pedder's), short-throw shifter, etc. which are performance improvements but do not change anything on the body of the car. I find myself extremely reluctant to do anything to the body until I can find something that I think will actually improve the looks. And believe me, that's been no easy task. The designers did an incredible job creating a beautiful car.

You can always have stripes painted on or custom paint mods done at any time. My advice is to get the car as it comes from the factory; live with it a bit and see how you feel about it. When I got mine I wouldn't let the dealer prep the outside of my car; I gave them strict instructions to NOT wash it so I picked it up dirty. I drove it home, very carefully hosed it off, clay-barred it, washed it and prepped it myself. When I stood there looking at that deep, rich midnight blue under the lights....wow what a beautiful color and car.

Live with your Camaro a bit before making any changes to the body; you might fall in love with it the way it is or just want subtle changes instead of something radical. You can always get stripes and whatever later.

Great choice on color... congrats!
I too am having this issue. The more I stare at my IBM the more I think it is classic as is. If you think about it this color goes good with every other primary Camaro color. Orange, Grey, Silver, Black, Red, even yellow and green.

So I found the local rod painter and here's what I'm thinking. I'm looking at doing the stripes in a custom color changing paint. I am just starting to work with the shop so I haven't picked the color palette.

What do you folks think of this idea?
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #737
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think you will have to be very careful as to what color the paint changes to, because not all colors will look good on the IBM. Just my .02.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #738
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
IBM is a very classy upscale color. Stick to black, grey, silver or white.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:41 AM   #739
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarineb View Post
Just it on this past Wednesday.
Nice color brother, I ordered IBM

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:25 AM   #740
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysman07 View Post
My longer painted on silver ice ones.
Really nice

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #741
parksdjs

Drives: 2010 Camro 2SS
I love all of the colors but I have a soft spot for the imperial blue with silver stripes guess that's why I own one.
Attached Images

parksdjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #742
NurseB

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM with white rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by parksdjs View Post
I love all of the colors but I have a soft spot for the imperial blue with silver stripes guess that's why I own one.
The silver looks great!!!!! Can't wait to order my IBM in a few weeks!!!
NurseB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ibm camaro, imperial blue, imperial blue camaro, imperial blue metallic, imperial blue metallic camaro, the best color ever