Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #841
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Well another Great night .. NOT . LOL Struggled all 3 games and we lost all 7 points . Shot 572 . Go at it again next week .
Old 10-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #842
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
Well another Great night .. NOT . LOL Struggled all 3 games and we lost all 7 points . Shot 572 . Go at it again next week .
I shot 612 last night.

180 240 180 (can't remember exactly. lol)

I've had my fingers in splints and Icy Hot all week. Had new inserts put in. Much bigger inserts. Big enough I can't exactly just let it fall off or my fingers could fall out if I don't make sure they don't.

Still snug enough to hold though. Fingers sore but not as bad. I may be on to something.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #843
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I shot 612 last night.

Nice math hahaha

From my Camaro covered iPhone.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #844
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
I shot 612 last night.

I've had my fingers in splints and Icy Hot all week. Had new inserts put in. Much bigger inserts. Big enough I can't exactly just let it fall off or my fingers could fall out if I don't make sure they don't.

Still snug enough to hold though. Fingers sore but not as bad. I may be on to something.
Why not tighter inserts so you don't have to hold on so tight? I am skipping the summer and winter leagues for a break. Fingers weren't as bad as yours but my elbow was in pain. Bowled everyday for 6 years and I needed a break
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #845
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyGamr2 View Post
Nice math hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Why not tighter inserts so you don't have to hold on so tight? I am skipping the summer and winter leagues for a break. Fingers weren't as bad as yours but my elbow was in pain. Bowled everyday for 6 years and I needed a break
I actually just went with bigger inserts. I think the ones I had were part of the problem. They seemed to not allow my fingers to rotate. Which may be the problem.

I think I may have figured out why this has happened. I'm bowling more than I have in a very long time. I might be lifting sideways with my fingers. I seem to come across behind the ball and then up. The roll is good but I might have to get a better angle at it on the release. IF I can.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #846
bee sting

Sorry for not posting in a few weeks ... Been on vacation with the family so no bowling or electronic devices to keep up . Hope to get back on track this week .

I went this set up and it helped me a lot . I just copied the the page so people that don't know what I'm talking about will now ..

Vacuum Grip
Best uses for Vacu fit: Bowlers who suffer from swelling or may be in between sizes.

Create a Vacuum Grip with this Simple Drill Technique.
NOTE: Please read instructions fully before drilling. For Tech Support call: 1-800-530-9878 or Int'l 586-598-3948.

Use 1 1/32" drill bit. Hole should be 1/16" larger than the recommended insert o.d.
Drill hole 1" deep.
Replace 1 1/32" drill bit with 31/32" or recommended insert outside diameter (for stronger vacuum use smaller drill bit i.e. 61/64 for
standard outside diameter insert)
Drill hole the full depth of insert (Quad inserts 1 3/4", Standard 2-N-1 1 3/8")
You have now created a cone at the bottom of the hole.
Install finger insert. Glue bottom of grip into smaller hole. When creating a vacuum grip you must use at least 2 sizes smaller than standard finger tip size. Grip will expand to fit inside hole diameter.
Apply adhesive (Turbo Zip Plus-45 recommended) to the front of hole, between finger insert and bowling ball. ONLY apply glue to the front wall.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #847
PQ
Booooosted.

Hmmmm........... Never heard of that. I'll ask the pro-shop dude.

Right now my fingers are in the 'severe' category. I am taking some weeks off from all three days I bowl. Cept for one test I will do Thursday night. Skipping this morning and tomorrow night will give my fingers a whole week to heal for the first time in a while. I realize that this is going to take more than a week but I ordered these things called 'Steel Fingers' and I'm going to try them out once to see if they take the pressure off of my fingers. If so I could use them till my fingers heal fully. If not then I'm going to take time off til they heal.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #848
bee sting

1st night back from 2 weeks vacation .

shot 193 - 245 - 233 = 671 a good night for me but as a team we lost all 7 points .
Old 10-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #849
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
1st night back from 2 weeks vacation .

shot 193 - 245 - 233 = 671 a good night for me but as a team we lost all 7 points .
Damn. Rough night for the team. I'll take 671 any time.

I'm still nursing these fingers. Went Monday but didn't bowl. Missed tonight to continue to let my fingers heal. Might try it Monday. They are feeling better slowly. Probably won't try it til Thursday next week though. IF they are better.

Swung my ball yesterday in the garage and my fingers are still sore but WAY different sore. Last week was a sore and WEAK feeling. Now it's a softer sore but a STRONG feeling. My fingers are stronger so I'm on the right track.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #850
bee sting

Quote:
Damn. Rough night for the team. I'll take 671 any time.

I'm still nursing these fingers. Went Monday but didn't bowl. Missed tonight to continue to let my fingers heal. Might try it Monday. They are feeling better slowly. Probably won't try it til Thursday next week though. IF they are better.

Swung my ball yesterday in the garage and my fingers are still sore but WAY different sore. Last week was a sore and WEAK feeling. Now it's a softer sore but a STRONG feeling. My fingers are stronger so I'm on the right track.
Hope those fingers heal up soon . We have one young guy that doesn't use any fingers unlike the others that don't use the thumb hole but he's all over the lane . You can hear him complaining all the time about why this didn't happen or that should have ... Revs the hell out of it but No consistency at all.

As for the 0-7 points .. We spoted them 140 pins and of course they shot over there avg. On top of the handicap we were already spotting them . Hard to beat any team like that.
Good luck with those fingers and don't rush your return or you'll be out even longer the next time
Old 10-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #851
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Hope those fingers heal up soon . We have one young guy that doesn't use any fingers unlike the others that don't use the thumb hole but he's all over the lane . You can hear him complaining all the time about why this didn't happen or that should have ... Revs the hell out of it but No consistency at all.

As for the 0-7 points .. We spoted them 140 pins and of course they shot over there avg. On top of the handicap we were already spotting them . Hard to beat any team like that.
Good luck with those fingers and don't rush your return or you'll be out even longer the next time
It's HARD to give up over 100 pins AND them shooting above their average. Our team is always the high average team so we never get pins. Our team name is 'GIVING PINS'.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #852
bee sting

Wow no bowlers this year .... Well I was out last week with a bad case of Bronchitis so back at it tonight .
Shot 210 - 210 - 199 = 619 . felt pretty good but still only won 2 of 7 points
Old 12-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #853
bee sting

Well I'll post up and hope to hear from you guy's .

Shot 210-259-190 = 659 . Hadn't bowling in a few weeks so I was really pleased with that set .
Old 12-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #854
PQ
Booooosted.

I've been having a ball drilled and redrilled to try and get my pitches right to eleviate my pain. Going monday to have more done.

Gonna end up with quarter revers and eighth right pitch on the thumb and ring finger zero with the middle finger eighth right.

Adding an eighth to my span as well.

Averaging 206 monday and 202 Thursday.