Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #57
thebatdude

Drives: 70 Chevelle big block
Isn't it ironic that some complain that GM doesn't listen to their customers (like us on this site) and others complain that a touch/nav systems was added for 2013.
I believe I remember many complaints about a 60k ZL1 should at least offer a better stereo with nav system. It looks to me like when GM acts on our feedback it is a problem and if they don't act on our feedback it is a problem.

My view is Thanks GM for listening and actually taking action for your customers based on your customers wants and needs. Thanks for all of the information that you provide, even though us couch auto engineer marketing people always want more and always know what is best for someone else's company.
I will get down off my soap box now and go back to checking the couch for my 2013 ZL1 savings fund. I want one of these ZL1s before the ram jet engine and flight navigation system is installed.
thebatdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #58
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey123456 View Post
I just want to express how disappointing it is to be waiting for a car for months only to find out it's going to be upgraded for 2013. The fact that there will be a touchscreen on a car that maybe comes out 1-2 months later is frustrating. I don't want to hear those of you that talk about "you'll never get a car if you wait for next years updates." This is not a very intelligent comment for this situation because the 2013 comes out a couple of months after the 2012. Also, there those of you that talk about how the 2012 will give you a "permagrin." Wouldn't the 2013 do the same, but with better options? Companies shouldn't update a car that isn't even in the hands of the customers. This is a fail by GM. To me there are a couple of options, and I'd like to know what you guys would do of you were me.

1. Cancel 2012 and wait for 2013.
2. Cancel order all together, keep SS, and keep around 35k cash.
3. Wait it out and hope GM offers the touch screen as an option for the 2012 ZL1.

Primarily, I'd like to hear what you guys are doing to see if I am the only one who is disappointed.

The 1LE gets the touch screen and it's only the radio from what i've seen.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong...
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #59
CAM....ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

"GM Dragged their Feet" -- would you have us put the cars out early if things weren't as they should be? Let's not forget that the auto industry has been thru the most harrowing time in its history...not to mention bankruptcies not only at GM and Chrysler, but hundreds of suppliers as well...that put the ZL1 project way behind in terms of when we wanted them to hit the market.....

"Kept their mouth shut" -- I must respectfully disagree with you - I don't know of any other manufacturer that has people who spend more time on an enthusiast site and answering questions than the Camaro team and GM. Further - no matter WHAT one says, it won't keep people happy unless you tell them exactly - EXACTLY - what they want to hear....I refuse to tell anyone 'exactly what they want to hear' -- that's the quickest way I know to lose hard-earned credibility.

The interior is not just like the ZL1. True - the black wheels are the same as the ZL1 - but the hoods and front fascia are different.....let me assure you that the ZL1 does NOT look like every other Camaro from the front or side....

I'm not exactly sure what we could have done to keep you happy with the entire process - but I will say this: Everything we do - EVERYTHING we do with Camaro has the customer first and foremost in our minds.

In fact, we're taking the 'Disciples' out very shortly to talk to them about many more things - remember - the "12 Disciples of which there are 15" have been involved with the Camaro since shortly after we unveiled the Concept Camaro..........we intend to continue our dialogue and meetings with them because THEY are your voices --- and we DO care!

I can't make your decision - that's something you'll have to do.

BUT - I'd suggest that you go back and re-read what the media is saying about the car -- and perhaps that will aid in your decision.......

What he said.
I agree with Fbod..
I'm just so glad I'm fortunate enough
to even be part of the ZL1...
I feel like a school boy in love, can't
imagine the feeling when I get my beast....
so glad GM built this one...
Old 03-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #60
CAM....ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I truly love to read the passion you have for these great cars that keep getting better. I too am starting to get impatient ,but I know it will be worth the wait. My biggest worry is what is wrong with these cars that is keeping them off the streets for so long, not whether or not the 2013 has Nav and mine doesn't.

It really hasn't been that long...
They just started production at the end of Jan.

Give Gm a break...Their workin their butts off
to give us a perfect ride....and Perma-Grin
Old 03-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #61
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
It really hasn't been that long...
They just started production at the end of Jan.

Give Gm a break...Their workin their butts off
to give us a perfect ride....and Perma-Grin
When you consider that they have been sitting built for over a month now, it's a long time. I already went threw the same thing with my 2010 and ended up with a lemon. I hope It doesn't go that way again.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #62
CAM....ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
I am not canceling my order, but I am not happy right now. What can you do though, I have to renew my loan on April 10th, starting to get that feeling in my stomach. You know the one, do I need this right now, should I wait and shop around, or put that payment into the house and just get a chevycruze off the lot,,,lol.

I'd say get the Cruze.......Not..
Old 03-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #63
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
What's cool about the ALPINE system is even the AC controls are touch screen; the FACTORY unit looks like it retains the stock AC controls and just uses the screen. So the "CLEAN" look of aftermarket is really what I'd prefer anyway. I wouldn't use MYLINK anyway, Most people use an iPod/iPhone with all their playlists anyway and both units have PANDORA so I don't see the benefit in wanting to stream music from your phone with MYLINK . You can even download your phonebook and make calls without touching your phone from the ALPINE unit...a few people on this forum have installed it and gave it good reviews
I think you lose the RETRO look of the intrerior with the ALPINE, I prefer the OEM one for that reason.