Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-16-2019, 10:53 AM   #43
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashn4it View Post
I recently had new mufflers installed on my car and to me it’s the perfect low profile sound.

I had the full stainless works exhaust (long tube headers with hi flow cats and full 3 inch into their retro chambered catback. Perfect sound and loud as hell but unfortunately Cali laws forced me to change it up :(

With the new CA exhaust laws i just installed Magnaflow Street mufflers but only the mufflers, it’s full stainless works except for the new mufflers. Still have the long tubes with cats and full 3 inch pipe, CAI intake and Ported TB.

I’m very happy with the way it turned out, about 50% quiter easily.

Only loud at high rpms, I didn’t want to lose the power the long tube headers provide so I’m glad it sounds quiet enough without removing them.
I hear you. My car gas what’s in the sig. I removed hiflow cats and put back stock cats to be legal and a bit more quiet. Not so much for sound, but if you get pulled over for noise, they can pop hood and check for everything. And send you to ref station. Not worth the 10tq and 12 hp I lost. Car is more quiet, but the boomy low rpm sound from the 3” catback is gone, and drivability is much better with the cam, like stock. It’s like I gained tq up to 2500 rpm. And stock cats made the car smell like stock again. Wasn’t sure that would happen.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #44
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
I recently had new mufflers installed on my car and to me it’s the perfect low profile sound.

I had the full stainless works exhaust (long tube headers with hi flow cats and full 3 inch into their retro chambered catback. Perfect sound and loud as hell but unfortunately Cali laws forced me to change it up :(
Do you have any sound clips of the old setup? I’m thinking of going with this exact setup
Old 02-16-2019, 02:40 PM   #45
Ashn4it

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray LS3 M6 (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
Do you have any sound clips of the old setup? I’m thinking of going with this exact setup
I have some on my old computer I could dig up later for you, I’m telling you it’s the best sounding exhaust by far.

Very very deep and very very loud, will scare the neighbors
Ashn4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:25 PM   #46
butters

Quote:
I have some on my old computer I could dig up later for you, I’m telling you it’s the best sounding exhaust by far.

Very very deep and very very loud, will scare the neighbors

No need if it’s a hassle. I’m pretty sold on SW, just waiting for warm weather now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2019, 07:13 PM   #47
Royblank

Drives: Blue
I’d say go with Corsa it’s what I have on my 2014 ss
Royblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:24 PM   #48
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royblank View Post
I’d say go with Corsa it’s what I have on my 2014 ss
Yep.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:05 PM   #49
skongolf

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Black Vert
I keep thinking of going Corsa but called and they said they don’t have anything for my 2011 SS Vert because it doesn’t have the factory ground effects. Kind of frustrated with them. I just had Kooks LTH and HF cats installed and it drones like a mofo with my flow master set up. Keep thinking Solo but others have recommended BORLA s-type or Corsa. Tough choice to me at least.
skongolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #50
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by skongolf View Post
I keep thinking of going Corsa but called and they said they don’t have anything for my 2011 SS Vert because it doesn’t have the factory ground effects. Kind of frustrated with them. I just had Kooks LTH and HF cats installed and it drones like a mofo with my flow master set up. Keep thinking Solo but others have recommended BORLA s-type or Corsa. Tough choice to me at least.
Are you manual?

https://www.pfyc.com/COR14968.html
Old 02-23-2019, 09:58 PM   #51
skongolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Nope. Auto. Of course everyone says you can make it work, but that is the issue I have now. A cat back that bangs on the cross brace over bumps.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:44 PM   #52
butters

Quote:

Solo is a good option, especially with lth. That was my second choice after the SW

Old 02-24-2019, 05:13 AM   #53
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Nope. Auto. Of course everyone says you can make it work, but that is the issue I have now. A cat back that bangs on the cross brace over bumps.
I have the manual version on my 2011 L99 with zero issues. I just wonder if it because of the extra bracing in your car.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #54
skongolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I have the manual version on my 2011 L99 with zero issues. I just wonder if it because of the extra bracing in your car.
Yeah its because of the bracing. They make ARH makes a modifies tunnel brace that is nice but $$. Any issues with drone or AFM making it sound messed up? I like how Corsa sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
Solo is a good option, especially with lth. That was my second choice after the SW
Any drone with the Stainless Works setup? The shop that did my headers recommended them but were not sure about drone in a convertible. They said Corsa would not drone at all but they were not a fan of Corsa. Everything I have read about Solo has been pretty positive and the sound clip I heard with Kooks and the catback sounded great but it seems that alot of shops are hesitant to use them.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #55
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeah its because of the bracing. They make ARH makes a modifies tunnel brace that is nice but $$. Any issues with drone or AFM making it sound messed up? I like how Corsa sounds.

Any drone with the Stainless Works setup? The shop that did my headers recommended them but were not sure about drone in a convertible. They said Corsa would not drone at all but they were not a fan of Corsa. Everything I have read about Solo has been pretty positive and the sound clip I heard with Kooks and the catback sounded great but it seems that alot of shops are hesitant to use them.
Corsa does not done.....it sounds great.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:34 PM   #56
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Give Steve a shout at Solo or PM him here. You won’t regret it! I have your exact setup, minus being a coupe vs convertible and I’ve loved it since day 1!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote