Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #1
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Info From All Of You Who Have Added HP To Your ZL1

I would like some info from all of you who have took your car to who ever and have had it tuned or have added more horsepower to your ZL1. What I want to know is do you have any regrets or if you could have changed anything in your build what would it be. I am really torn on moding my car but I really want to do it but wonder if after I did would I regret it. Help me decide and which way to go in the build. My car will be for drag racing and not track time. Thanks for all of your info.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #2
MaxxMuscle
Blanchard Performance

Drives: 2014 Black ZL1
No regrets whats so ever.I don't track or drag my car but love the x-tra hp to play with.My only regret was not adding the Borla Atak exhaust when I first did the build 2 months ago.
MaxxMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
No regrets at all. Only recommendation would be to take it in small steps if you enjoy the build process. Trying to do it all at once only leads you to wanting more.

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Get stickier tires! The Goodyear Supersucks may be great track tires, but for normal daily drives (point and shoot) they are always cold and slippery. I just put on some 315 Nitto Invos (not even race compound tires) and I can keep grip for most of first gear and all of second gear, at full throttle! I could NEVER hook up with the goodyear tires. I will concede that corner composure was compromised at the limit (over 1 G). I am super happy with better tires and rotofab intake.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #5
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxMuscle View Post
No regrets whats so ever.I don't track or drag my car but love the x-tra hp to play with.My only regret was not adding the Borla Atak exhaust when I first did the build 2 months ago.
Sounds Fantastic!!! What Mods have you done???
Old 02-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
MaxxMuscle
Blanchard Performance

Drives: 2014 Black ZL1
Lingenfelter 700 + package and pfadt headers.
MaxxMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
AbsolutHank

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 M6
My build was centered around driveability and stockness. Other than the power obviously, and a little more blower whine at higher RPMs, it acts just like stock. Other than my wife, no one else locally knows its even modded at all. That was important to me as I didn't want to turn my $60k Camaro into a loud, obnoxious racecar. I'm sorta over that I guess...
2013 Dodge Viper #44/150 Launch Edition IG:@absoluthank
20/21 BC Forged Wheels : BC Coilovers: TA Aero
AbsolutHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
I would like some info from all of you who have took your car to who ever and have had it tuned or have added more horsepower to your ZL1. What I want to know is do you have any regrets or if you could have changed anything in your build what would it be. I am really torn on moding my car but I really want to do it but wonder if after I did would I regret it. Help me decide and which way to go in the build. My car will be for drag racing and not track time. Thanks for all of your info.
If you go down to ADM and have the intake system, pulley, and tune done you will say holy crap I should have done this when I first bought the car. It will pick up about 70 hp on the dyno but it will feel like a completely different car. No regrets on any of his work. The LSA engine has so much untapped power potential.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #9
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutHank View Post
That was important to me as I didn't want to turn my $60k Camaro into a loud, obnoxious racecar. I'm sorta over that I guess...
Lol

Dude...it's a bright red zl1...it was a loud obnoxious race car when it came from the factory!
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #10
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
You're not going to regret modding until something goes wrong and you need that warranty.

Just ease into it and start with a few things that don't require a tune. At this point you can always "undue" it.

You could probably get away with intake, scoop, ported tb, and 5 or 10% pulley with out a tune.

From experience though, the real fun starts when you start tuning. The entire demeanor of the car changes.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #11
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
You're not going to regret modding until something goes wrong and you need that warranty.

Just ease into it and start with a few things that don't require a tune. At this point you can always "undue" it.

You could probably get away with intake, scoop, ported tb, and 5 or 10% pulley with out a tune.

From experience though, the real fun starts when you start tuning. The entire demeanor of the car changes.
My thoughts exactly. And I have had and continue to have drivetrain warranty issues. So, I am stock until GM gets thier stuff figured out.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #12
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Rotofab CAI. No tune required (if you have warranty concerns), easy (if you are not mechanically inclined), and cheap (compared to other mods).
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #13
HawkGirl
COTW 11/18/2013

Drives: 750-HP ZL1 Carbon
No regrets. Fantastic drivability. Definitely get new tires!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #14
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Im running the Redline Motorsports Stage 2 ZL1 package and couldn't be happier the car is amazing and outperforms my built 2010 SS in every way. I love it! I wouldn't change a thing! And I didn't have to change anything major on the car too! Just bolt-ons! I love drag racing im at the drag strip every chance I get! But I took the ZL1 on the road course yesterday and I had a blast!!! It handles amazing!!! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1392343033
Here is the video of the stage 2 package in actioon on the drag strip!
Attached Images

camarovigoa is offline   Reply With Quote