Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
ckosiek

Drives: Former owner 2013 ZL1 Convertible
Rear and Front

Got my rear bumper cover off for an unrelated reason, but looking at the recessed area the tail lights fit into I was wondering if a 2014 bumper with tail lights would fit without modification........not that I would be the one to try!
As for the front, when I had my GT500 a lot of Mustang owners went for hood pins, I don't recall seeing any posts on this forum regarding pins on a Camaro. Wondering if anyone uses them on their cars.......

ckosiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
I would bet that the 2014 lights and bumper bolt right up.

As far as hood pins, an issue the mustangs have when installing hood pins, is that the aluminum hood starts to corrode at the drilled area. That corrosion creeps under the hood paint and looks horrible. Granted that would happen 3 or 4 years later. But, finding a good clean used ZL1 hood, years later, would be hard to come by since we are very different than the normal camaro and there were a limited number of ZL1's. And a replacement hood from GM will run you somewhere around 1200 bucks.

But, if someone were to use a carbon hood... different story
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote