Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #1
Vertwheal

Drives: 2015 AGM 1SS/RS/1LE NPP
Threatened by Hedricks Chevrolet service department

Fresno, CA

Heres my experience

I dropped off my 2015 SS Camaro because it was having a stabilitrak warning message and a CEL. After diagnosing the problem they told me it was a throttle position sensor but blamed it on a minor aftermarket modification I have called a Vitesse Throttle Controller.

The real issue was that Carol threatened to notify GM and get this... place a salvage title on my 2015 car. What kind of customer service is this? you threaten your customers who make one minor modification to their car? If all the camaros in the world got salvage titles for modifications then 95% of all camaros would be carrying salvage titles.

Obviously Hedricks is NOT a mod friendly dealership. Any car enthusiasts who have anything done to their car should NOT use the service department at this dealership.

In addition she was going to rotate my stock tires on my 1LE which have larger wheels in the back than the front - When a service department doesnt even know how to service stock vehicles or differentiate between models, there is a problem.

Steer clear of this service department.
CAI intake, ADM scoop, Rotofab washer relocation, Bo White stage II ported TB, Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT, RPI Splash Guards, Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts, Tuned by Rick @ Synergy Motorsports - 414/403 on a Mustang dyno

Last edited by Vertwheal; 03-11-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Vertwheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:40 PM   #2
dcpatters

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Where are tbeh located? Off Shaw Ave?
dcpatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #3
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Wow...

Glad you got out of there. This is why I try to do all I can myself -- learning OBD II and Mode $06 diagnostics...

Having a Tech2 and MDI helps -- but the damn subscription is $3k a year!

Hope you find a better dealership -- they are out there...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
Vertwheal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
Where are tbeh located? Off Shaw Ave?
yes, shaw and 168
CAI intake, ADM scoop, Rotofab washer relocation, Bo White stage II ported TB, Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT, RPI Splash Guards, Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts, Tuned by Rick @ Synergy Motorsports - 414/403 on a Mustang dyno
Old 03-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #5
Vertwheal

is anyone else having trouble with a VTC, CEL and engine power reduced?
Old 03-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #6
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I have it on mine and I've not had any issues. I do change it SP 0 when I don't 'want' to have fun. No CEL -- but I'm an 11 2SS...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #7
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertwheal View Post
I dropped off my 2015 SS Camaro because it was having a stabilitrak warning message and a CEL. After diagnosing the problem they told me it was a throttle position sensor but blamed it on a minor aftermarket modification I have called a Vitesse Throttle Controller.

The real issue was that Carol threatened to notify GM and get this... place a salvage title on my 2015 car. What kind of customer service is this? you threaten your customers who make one minor modification to their car? If all the camaros in the world got salvage titles for modifications then 95% of all camaros would be carrying salvage titles.
If it is the TPS sensor it is directly related to the installation of the Vitesse, as minor a mod it is, it is still a modification. As you know it is a devise that interrupts and modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body......

Not sure how a dealer can "place a salvage title", but they can flag your car in the GM system as modified
Old 03-10-2015, 09:41 PM   #8
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
Devices like this should be taken out when visiting the dealer. That's the reason for such plug and play mods instead of tuning. Better yet, you should have taken out the only mod you had to the car and seen if it went away first.
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:43 PM   #9
Firebreed
Got Boost?

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6 SLP TVS 2300
Not the first time ive seen a bad review on that dealership sorry you had to deal with that. Take your VTC off and see if your cell clears, if so you have found your issue. However from what i have read the VTC shouldn't cause any issues. I always tended to steer clear of the all the dealerships in fresno.
Future Mods: 416ci stroker.
Firebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:49 PM   #10
Vertwheal

I don't believe she can alter my title but what a stupid thing to threaten the customer with such a thing. I'm going to delete the vtc and monitor it for awhile. Just wanted to give people a heads up about the dealerships attitude
Old 03-10-2015, 10:03 PM   #11
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertwheal View Post
is anyone else having trouble with a VTC, CEL and engine power reduced?

Yes it has happened to me about 3 times now and it always happens when I'm using my paddles... And I've had my throttle controller for about 5-6 months it just started doing this. I contacted vitesse motorsports and one of the guys said it might be that my throttle body was dirty or that the wires aren't plugged in all the way. I did both and just about an hour ago it happened to me coming home. Luckily I had my scanner to clear it.
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #12
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
I thought that the 1LE had a Squared wheel set up and the ZL1 had the staggered wheels.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:26 PM   #13
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Any aftermarket mod can void a warranty, if GM can prove it as the cause of the failure. The Throttle Controller does not leave any imprint on the ECU's memory, Therefore, it is untraceable and cannot be blamed for a failure.

GM cannot prove you ever had it hooked up.

If you ever have a failure and have to take it to the dealer for repair... just disconnect and remove the device and plug the factory harness back into the gas pedal.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:40 PM   #14
Vertwheal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
I thought that the 1LE had a Squared wheel set up and the ZL1 had the staggered wheels.
20x10 on the front 20x11 on the rear