Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #15
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Whuuuaaa...? This is news to me!
At least according to the body in white parts catalog option codes anyway.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #16
ya boy willz

Drives: 2011 IOM LS, 2011 CGM LS
Quote:
The Hubs and bearings on the LS arent designed for larger wheels. When you get the RS package you get same ones used on the SS, which were made to handle the larger 20 inch wheels.
Thanks for the information man. Looks like when I go for the Brembo swap I"m either getting some large 18s, or swapping out the hubs and bearings
ya boy willz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #17
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy willz View Post
Thanks for the information man. Looks like when I go for the Brembo swap I"m either getting some large 18s, or swapping out the hubs and bearings
Ask you dealer or someone else to make sure, cause I'm just going off of part numbers.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #18
Low RS

Drives: 2010 ''RS1'' my own package
what about the ABS system? does it work the same on the v6 as the v8?
Low RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:14 PM   #19
1FINE 69

Drives: 2010 synergy green and a 1991 rs
I have a Synergy Green car with 19"s I also saw the slp brembos and was wonder if they would work? the car is a 1LT . I'M slowly makeing a V6 SS clone plmk thanks
1FINE 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #20
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
The Hubs and bearings on the LS arent designed for larger wheels. When you get the RS package you get same ones used on the SS, which were made to handle the larger 20 inch wheels.

I find this odd as GM offers a 21" wheel upgrade option on the LS....
Old 11-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #21
nak3dsnake

Ok, the body in white catalog is definitely wrong about some things. They need to update the thing.

The rear hubs on the SS are different, the front on both are the same. When you get the RS package it adds them. Maybe because the RS has the staggered wheels in the back? But large wheels should do fine on an LS.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #22
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FINE 69 View Post
I have a Synergy Green car with 19"s I also saw the slp brembos and was wonder if they would work? the car is a 1LT . I'M slowly makeing a V6 SS clone plmk thanks
I dont think the size of the wheels will be an issue with the 19's. It'll be whether or not the spokes will clear the brakes. That kit is pretty expensive, and is only front brakes. Take a look on eBay or the classifieds page.

Here's a set:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...item483d4a46cd
Old 11-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #23
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Are the mounting bolt locations the same on the SS as the V6 versions? found a complete kit with calipers lines rotors and dust shields
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #24
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Camaro View Post
Are the mounting bolt locations the same on the SS as the V6 versions? found a complete kit with calipers lines rotors and dust shields
Yes, same bolts too. But replacing the rear dust shields with be a pain because you basically have to disassemble everything to get them off.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #25
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

The kit I found is just fronts, being as most of the braking is done with the fronts thats the biggest one im concerned with for now. i still cant believe chevy went with a single piston caliper up front when my 99 had 2 piston calipers on the front
Old 11-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #26
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Camaro View Post
The kit I found is just fronts, being as most of the braking is done with the fronts thats the biggest one im concerned with for now. i still cant believe chevy went with a single piston caliper up front when my 99 had 2 piston calipers on the front
Ok, well the dust covers in the front are the same. Its the back ones that wont fit with the larger rotors.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #27
1FINE 69

Drives: 2010 synergy green and a 1991 rs
how about the coil springs v-6 to v-8 the struts are different but will the springs make it sit up higher??
1FINE 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #28
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Ok, well the dust covers in the front are the same. Its the back ones that wont fit with the larger rotors.

sweet, do you happen to know if the brembos will squeeze under the heritage wheels? i think someone in another thread said they would fit but i didnt think they would