Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #15
my2010camaross
ss

Drives: all black ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
+1 It probably is yours and they are just wanting to keep it for a few weeks to advertise with it in the showroom. Everybodys hands will be all over your car, everybodys butts in your seats and everybodys dirty shoes on your floor mats! And in a few weeks they will have a shiny new one and give you yours because its been finger f***ed by everybody. Not to get ya worried or anything though... everybody knows to trust the dealers!
lol. i havent ever laughed at anything on here until now.
my2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:52 AM   #16
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
If I don't find a 2007 Corvette I like I will own a 2SS loaded next spring with less that 15k miles on it for about 25K to 27K. I will not be held up by these dealers for MSRS or more. But that is just me. I can still drive my '97 Z28 till then.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #17
frank99ta

Drives: Trans Am
The reason I thought it was funny was because there is no way in hell I'm paying over msrp for anything. Plus, I'm driving a vette now, so it's not like I'm without a car. I've bought quite a few cars from this dealer and they've always been pretty nice so it didn't really bother me. If they didn't know me that well they probably would have told me it was a preorder for somebody else.
frank99ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #18
davidj

Drives: .
Quote:
+1 It probably is yours and they are just wanting to keep it for a few weeks to advertise with it in the showroom. Everybodys hands will be all over your car, everybodys butts in your seats and everybodys dirty shoes on your floor mats! And in a few weeks they will have a shiny new one and give you yours because its been finger f***ed by everybody. Not to get ya worried or anything though... everybody knows to trust the dealers!
But seriously, keep an eye on those VIN numbers.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #19
Rock

Drives: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
This is just not the case. Once the dealer has purchased the car, it is theirs to do with what they please. In my opinion many are making big mistakes and I can say how much I dislike their business practices, but it is their choice.
+1 They will markup if people are willing to pay for them. Once the demand for them wanes, they will start selling them at realistic levels. AFAIK only the SS's are being marked up and those are the ones that people want moreso than the v6's
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #20
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
^^^ Oh man! Good point. I hope not for the OP's sake. To the OP: If I were you, I would at least go back up there and get the VIN# off that car...just in case they were to try and pull this stunt. Most likely, they've ordered another car (your car) and you have nothing to worry about but just wait a few more weeks. But I would still get the VIN off the 1st car just to make sure. Anyone that orders a car should not have it molested for 3 weeks before they take ownership of it. JMHO.

EDIT: Oops. I see DavidJ beat me to it. Well, it's good to know that great minds think alike, right?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #21
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
I'm sorry but these stories make me sick. And all of this from a company who wants the taxpayer to bail them out!!. And don't give me this crap about how the dealers are independant. GM could have stated no sales over MSRS. I figured some early order people would get screwed by dealers who would make their first orders for dealer stock. They could have at least told you this at the time you ordered. I've never seen a car I couldn't walk away from and if a dealer did this to me I would tell them to shove my original order and get one somewhere else. My 2 cents
Actually, no they couldn't have. They can't do anything close to that. Dealers ARE independent business, and if GM says "MSRP on all Camaro's" that's illegal too (price fixing).

Back on topic...definitely watch the VIN. That's the only way to really know.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #22
Douge
Eurotrash Connossieur

Drives: 1985 Mercedes 500SEL
Here is how you play the game. IF you still want your Camaro, you can still get one, but now you can go and buy it from another dealer as you now know just how important your business is to the first dealer you put your faith in.

What is even better, when you need another Chevy product for work or a ride for your girl or just a truck for rainy days, just drive right by that first dealership AGAIN and wave. Keep doing that for the next 20 years and things will work out great, well for you at least.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #23
epd313

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Seems like they could give you this car and sell yours for 5k over MSRP when it gets here. I would do that to keep you happy, but that is why I'm not a car dealer. That is if you are getting yours in a couple of weeks, but who knows. I would wait if I were you.
epd313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #24
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
Actually, no they couldn't have. They can't do anything close to that. Dealers ARE independent business, and if GM says "MSRP on all Camaro's" that's illegal too (price fixing).

Back on topic...definitely watch the VIN. That's the only way to really know.
How does Apple get away with "Price Fixing"?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #25
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Get your revenge by taking it somewhere else for service. I got messed around at closing on my Avenger and I just go somewhere else for service...and tell the selling dealer about it when they call for service reminders.
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #26
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
How does Apple get away with "Price Fixing"?
They don't. They have different prices on-line than in stores, or best buy, or brandsmart, or wal-mart. There products also go on sale from time to time when new products come out.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #27
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
Exactly why I did not pre-order. I don't have to be the first one and I will wait a few months till the joy settles down. But, good lord its hard to wait! I am so ready to be in one yesterday!
USAFJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote