Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #29
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
I'm sure after he looked at the trap speeds he knew he wasn't plus I'm sure he knew his car has tons of wheel spin. Did you not see the smoke as he left the line. That car traps higher than even the ZL-1 so if you raced a ZL-1 maybe then that means that your car is also better than that car since many ZL-1s trapped lower. So I guess the SS and ZL-1 guys should sell their cars and save big by just buying a V6 Camaro.
At any given moment "every" car is beatable!!! If I was running with out my NOS I would have never had a chance even with his wheel spin. So if you take the time to read the begining post you will see they ask if anyone has "beaten" a V8. Other than taking you in my car for the next ride down the track, I don't understand why you can't accept the fact that these V6's kick ass and if you sleep on the line or you can't get get all that "power" on to the track, you're going to loose in the "real world" to a V6.

One race doesnt mean a car is better, but it felt DAMN good reaching that line "first"!!! Have you ever had that feeling against a car you knew was faster??? If not I suggest you give it a shot!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #30
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ok guys that's one side of it but who the heck would take a car that traps 105 vs the car that traps 119 stop being silly. Last time I went to the track a Crysler Sebring beat me because I had no grip what so ever does that mean I should trade my SS for his car. If you're going to brag about beating another car be like me and beat him fair and square. That's like me beating a GTR because his tranny broke and claiming my car is faster and oh isn't 119 vs 105 the faster trap. In my world who cares about the faster et if it means the lower trap speed. I would take a 12.0 @122 mph car over a 11.8 @ 110mph car any day so get real. In the real world where crappy a$$ slipping on the drag strip doesn't really come into play that SRT8 would have crushed you so get over it.
Chrysler Sebring!!! Wow, that must have hurt. No wonder you're so defensive.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #31
bcperry
Engineer in Training

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
I'm sure after he looked at the trap speeds he knew he wasn't plus I'm sure he knew his car has tons of wheel spin. Did you not see the smoke as he left the line. That car traps higher than even the ZL-1 so if you raced a ZL-1 maybe then that means that your car is also better than that car since many ZL-1s trapped lower. So I guess the SS and ZL-1 guys should sell their cars and save big by just buying a V6 Camaro.
This guy.

You realize you're in the V6 section right? if you have no respect for little brother, and want to feel superior because of the two extra cylinders, go elsewhere. We love our cars as much as you do. Deal with it.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #32
J-Rod6410
M6 9 second club

Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we got a new moderator in here and some pissed off SS owners!!

The OP's question was simple....................Have any V6 guys beat a V8?

The answer from CiscoBee was "yes" as shown in the vid!

And there was a few others you said "yes" also.

Seems pretty simple to me.................don't know what all the fuss is about

It happens all the time.

If I can ever get home from work before midnight I'll post up v6owner's vid beating a SS.

And as far as the SRT8 trapping 119...............thats because by the time he stopped spinning his tires were already going 80mph, or he had at least 500 rwhp which makes him look even worse lol!

The driver has just as much to do with winning a race as the vehicle does
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
Old 10-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #33
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Ok guys that's one side of it but who the heck would take a car that traps 105 vs the car that traps 119 stop being silly. Last time I went to the track a Crysler Sebring beat me because I had no grip what so ever does that mean I should trade my SS for his car. If you're going to brag about beating another car be like me and beat him fair and square. That's like me beating a GTR because his tranny broke and claiming my car is faster and oh isn't 119 vs 105 the faster trap. In my world who cares about the faster et if it means the lower trap speed. I would take a 12.0 @122 mph car over a 11.8 @ 110mph car any day so get real. In the real world where crappy a$$ slipping on the drag strip doesn't really come into play that SRT8 would have crushed you so get over it.

. what it means is, you should learn how to launch your car, and/or get better tires/traction addons, then you can beat sebrings all day long....
Old 10-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #34
twmotox

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
Some people will never get that its just fun to do more with less. I have been building high horsepower 4's & 6's for years just because I can. I enjoy driving a v8 just like everyone else but its just not my thing.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #35
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
I just cant see why someone buy a V6 and putting a bunch of money into it just to beat a stock V8. Seems like you would of just bought a V8 to me. I know the argument is to make something with less go faster but seems like it would be cheaper to buy a V8 then to FI a V6 to reach the same HP.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #36
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcperry View Post
This guy.

You realize you're in the V6 section right? if you have no respect for little brother, and want to feel superior because of the two extra cylinders, go elsewhere. We love our cars as much as you do. Deal with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we got a new moderator in here and some pissed off SS owners!!

The OP's question was simple....................Have any V6 guys beat a V8?

The answer from CiscoBee was "yes" as shown in the vid!

And there was a few others you said "yes" also.

Seems pretty simple to me.................don't know what all the fuss is about

It happens all the time.

If I can ever get home from work before midnight I'll post up v6owner's vid beating a SS.

And as far as the SRT8 trapping 119...............thats because by the time he stopped spinning his tires were already going 80mph, or he had at least 500 rwhp which makes him look even worse lol!

The driver has just as much to do with winning a race as the vehicle does
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
. what it means is, you should learn how to launch your car, and/or get better tires/traction addons, then you can beat sebrings all day long....
Quote:
Originally Posted by twmotox View Post
Some people will never get that its just fun to do more with less. I have been building high horsepower 4's & 6's for years just because I can. I enjoy driving a v8 just like everyone else but its just not my thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
I just cant see why someone buy a V6 and putting a bunch of money into it just to beat a stock V8. Seems like you would of just bought a V8 to me. I know the argument is to make something with less go faster but seems like it would be cheaper to buy a V8 then to FI a V6 to reach the same HP.

Let me see, a stock SRT8 is about $15,000 (if not more) more than my V6.
I buy a V6 because I want to use the money I save on gas in modding my V6 no way, so I can beat not only a stock V8 but a modified V8 as well, no. I bought it because I didnt need a V8 under the hood to make it fast. It just seems that some V8 owners just can't accept that you don't have to buy a V8 to have a fast car.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #37
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Ahahahaha your argument has more holes in it than swiss cheese. Do you realize how dumb you sound. That's a rhetorical question because you obviously do not.

But I give you a golden star for trying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #38
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post

Not just to beat stock V8s, but modded V8s, modded V6s, V10s, V16s, so on. In other words, why mod any car? Yes, no matter what you buy and mod there will be something out there that is faster, quicker, produce more HP or look better. How many cylinders you have has a lot less to do with winning than other things.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #39
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
The V6's still get 26-28 mpg after the mods.

Also, I have been involved in professional drag racing for ages...and never in the history of drag racing has a higher trap speed beat a lower ET...in ANY class, and we hold Divisional, National, and World Championships both NHRA & IHRA in numerous classes.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #40
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Ahahahaha your argument has more holes in it than swiss cheese. Do you realize how dumb you sound. That's a rhetorical question because you obviously do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Not just to beat stock V8s, but modded V8s, modded V6s, V10s, V16s, so on. In other words, why mod any car? Yes, no matter what you buy and mod there will be something out there that is faster, quicker, produce more HP or look better. How many cylinders you have has a lot less to do with winning than other things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
The V6's still get 26-28 mpg after the mods.

Also, I have been involved in professional drag racing for ages...and never in the history of drag racing has a higher trap speed beat a lower ET...in ANY class, and we hold Divisional, National, and World Championships both NHRA & IHRA in numerous classes.

Well put guys!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #41
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Grow up I am not hurt in anyway about a V6 beating a V8 so all you 12 year olds with V6s shut up and grow up. I am not even a Camaro fan I just own one so seeing one get beat doesn't offend me. I just simply put stated my opinion that in the real world I like the faster car. If I just wanted quicker ets I would have kept my S197 GT and did bolt ons and run high 11s low 12s like the guys at CJ pony does.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #42
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post

And honestly don't call me dumb I don't have a V6 and is pissed that it isn't a V8 and that LLt doesn't substitute for ZR-1 so get another Avatar looser. And no I didn't get offended by the Chrysler that beat me I actually laughed it off with him at the end like real men do and not cry like a little boy. I saw GT500s run 14s as well but did I look at the owners like they sucked of course not because I was mature enough to know that they had too much power to get it to the grown and their cars would kill mine anyway. If I was John Force then it would be a different story but I am not a pro drag racer that's why I prefer the more powerful car with higher traps for real world performance.

Closed Thread