Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Passenger seat stuck leaning forward

SHORT STORY: Passenger seat is stuck in the forward leaning position. Any idea why or how exactly the mechanism works that I could check out?

Took my car to get tinted today (looks great btw). I dropped it off, had him hide the key when he was done. When I picked it up my passenger seat was stuck leaning forward.

The car is under warranty, and the guy is really reviewed well by personal people I know and online reviews. I know people want to jump on "he should have it fixed!" and stuff like that. Crappy part is that he did call me to say it was done, but didn't even mention this. I get that and will handle that. Either way I'm under warranty and if not he'd be liable. I'm pretty handy though and would rather just fix it in my garage rather than take it and rental and blah blah blah. Moving on...

Has this happened to anyone? It is locked in its forward leaning position. When I pull the handle on the back of the seat, it releases to lean forward more, maybe 1/2" or so but won't go back at all. I can see the cable in the handle, feels like it still has tension so I don't think it broke or anything.

Any pics or ideas on how that part works? Seems almost like something could be stuck that isn't letting it go back, like a quarter or something
Old 11-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
idealneil

Drives: 2011 SS/RS And 2011 LT
Did you try the switch on the side of the seat to move it back?
idealneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
scuba264

No joke I just did literally 5 minutes ago hahaha!

Apparently he didn't know to grab the release on the back of the seat and I had no idea the motorized recliner would go ALL THE WAY forward! Why does it even need to go that far lol?

Ah well, learned something today and glad it's not a big issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
SHORT STORY: Passenger seat is stuck in the forward leaning position. Any idea why or how exactly the mechanism works that I could check out?

Took my car to get tinted today (looks great btw). I dropped it off, had him hide the key when he was done. When I picked it up my passenger seat was stuck leaning forward.

The car is under warranty, and the guy is really reviewed well by personal people I know and online reviews. I know people want to jump on "he should have it fixed!" and stuff like that. Crappy part is that he did call me to say it was done, but didn't even mention this. I get that and will handle that. Either way I'm under warranty and if not he'd be liable. I'm pretty handy though and would rather just fix it in my garage rather than take it and rental and blah blah blah. Moving on...

Has this happened to anyone? It is locked in its forward leaning position. When I pull the handle on the back of the seat, it releases to lean forward more, maybe 1/2" or so but won't go back at all. I can see the cable in the handle, feels like it still has tension so I don't think it broke or anything.

Any pics or ideas on how that part works? Seems almost like something could be stuck that isn't letting it go back, like a quarter or something
You may want to get this checked out by a dealership for a better understanding. Every vehicle concern is handled on a case by case basis.

Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
scuba264

Nah, thanks but it was just a combination of my tinter and myself being stupid. He used the motorized control to lean it all the way forward.

Any time I've done anything with the back seat, I've always pulled the lever, never even CONSIDERED using the control to lean it all the way (honestly didn't expect it to go much past straight up and down with that control.

Thats why I assumed something was wrong. I started poking around and noticed the control. Decided to try it and was shocked it actually moved that far forward with it haha. Everything is just fine.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
Bebe

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
so I just purchased a 2013 a week ago, my passenger seat got stuck forward, took it in the next day, the tech said, that i pulled the back seat release and the motorized button at the same time which caused it to jam, ummm I don't think so. Listen buddy it broke, it is a bad design. Manual or motorized either way it should not break if I chose to use one or the other, they should both work. So it was fixed, I was told just don't use the motorized switch. Really!! then why put it on there. I just don't get it. But i still love my car. Just think the engineers need to think practically when designing things,that's all.
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
so I just purchased a 2013 a week ago, my passenger seat got stuck forward, took it in the next day, the tech said, that i pulled the back seat release and the motorized button at the same time which caused it to jam, ummm I don't think so. Listen buddy it broke, it is a bad design. Manual or motorized either way it should not break if I chose to use one or the other, they should both work. So it was fixed, I was told just don't use the motorized switch. Really!! then why put it on there. I just don't get it. But i still love my car. Just think the engineers need to think practically when designing things,that's all.

Hello Bebe,

Sorry for the seat issue you experienced. If this issue resurfaces again, feel free to reach out to us here and we can address the issue further from there. We're here as a resource to you.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
My wife did that to my car and I thought she broke the seat, we were out of state at a hotel in Tennessee. I didn't realize you could tilt it all the way forward like you can with the release.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
deysyduke

Drives: 2013 1lt coupe
This also happened to my '13 I got about a month and a half ago. I really don't see why the seat needs to lean that far forward either. But, I took it to the dealer and the guy just messed around with it like I had but it worked for him in the end. The magic touch perhaps? Anyway, hasn't happened again so I'm happy.
deysyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #10
Vash1087

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black, A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Hello Bebe,

Sorry for the seat issue you experienced. If this issue resurfaces again, feel free to reach out to us here and we can address the issue further from there. We're here as a resource to you.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Here is mine. 2013 ZL1 with 1600 Miles. Driver seat stuck and had to drive it like this to the dealership ( very unsafe ). The car is at Kevin Whitaker in Greenville SC
Attached Images

Vash1087 is offline   Reply With Quote