Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
rallyyellow
The Politician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS
I'm pretty dissapointed and mad at a "reputable dealer" UPDATED

So last Wednesday (8/19) I placed my order with a "reputable dealer" here in TX. Now, my salesperson was "busy" with a presentation (though the receptionist said he was on lunch) so he had another salesperson do my order to help him out. That salesperson sat me down and showed me everything he was doing as he ordered on the system. He took me to the financing people to do the deposit and then gave me a copy of the order. We went back to the showroom and I see my original salesperson with about 4 other salespeople looking out the window. He comes toward us and writes on a paper "Supplier price only" and puts it in my file. I look at the order and there is no number on it. I asked my original salesperson about it and he said that they place orders on Tuesday and that he would call with the order number on (8/25). I said great and went on my way. So Tuesday comes and nothing. Wednesday afternoon (7:00 pm) I call and my salesperson cannot "find" the number on the system and says that he will give me a call tomorrow (8/27). Today is Friday and still nothing.

Now, this person has not returned any of my phone calls since I contacted him at the end of June, and that was through email then phone that same day... the ONLY TIME I can say he returned my call. I feel that I should not be chasing this salesperson around. I mean, it's not like I'm buying a $10k Aveo or something. It's a $30k + car. I have been very polite all the times I have spoken to him and I feel outraged that I am in this situation. What would you guys recommend I do??? I do not want to ruin a reputable dealer's name here because of one bad customer experience, but he has sold cars to some members here in the Texas area and they all said they were always updated on everything in a timely manner.

UPDATE

I have been contacted by Don Kerstetter, the GM at Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland and it seems that they will do everything in their power to correct this and keep my business. I do not believe I will have any more problems with communication from this dealership. He said "we screwed up and we want to make it right". That alone says they are straight up people and are willing to accept responsibility for their mistakes instead of offering excuses. I want to thank Eric Hall for taking time to personally make sure that this problem was resolved. I also want to thank all the other Camaro5 members who gave me advise through this. PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS MISHAP PREVENT YOU FROM BUYING AT CLASSIC CHEVROLET. They are a great dealership and will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Last edited by rallyyellow; 08-28-2009 at 05:48 PM.
rallyyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyyellow View Post
So last Wednesday (8/19) I placed my order with a "reputable dealer" here in TX. Now, my salesperson was "busy" with a presentation (though the receptionist said he was on lunch) so he had another salesperson do my order to help him out. That salesperson sat me down and showed me everything he was doing as he ordered on the system. He took me to the financing people to do the deposit and then gave me a copy of the order. We went back to the showroom and I see my original salesperson with about 4 other salespeople looking out the window. He comes toward us and writes on a paper "Supplier price only" and puts it in my file. I look at the order and there is no number on it. I asked my original salesperson about it and he said that they place orders on Tuesday and that he would call with the order number on (8/25). I said great and went on my way. So Tuesday comes and nothing. Wednesday afternoon (7:00 pm) I call and my salesperson cannot "find" the number on the system and says that he will give me a call tomorrow (8/27). Today is Friday and still nothing.

Now, this person has not returned any of my phone calls since I contacted him at the end of June, and that was through email then phone that same day... the ONLY TIME I can say he returned my call. I feel that I should not be chasing this salesperson around. I mean, it's not like I'm buying a $10k Aveo or something. It's a $30k + car. I have been very polite all the times I have spoken to him and I feel outraged that I am in this situation. What would you guys recommend I do??? I do not want to ruin a reputable dealer's name here because of one bad customer experience, but he has sold cars to some members here in the Texas area and they all said they were always updated on everything in a timely manner.
Stop calling. Confront him face to face and express yourself. Get any deal in writing making sure of managers approval. You are the customer and should be in control. There are plenty of other dealerships. Do not fear missing or losing out on a new camaro because of an uncommunicative salesperson at a single dealership. Let him know this too. Good luck!
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
thats right ur the customer make them make it right or go some where that they will take care of u. my dealer took care of me from first day till the day i got my car. i am sure they would love to sale u one. rick newton bruner chevy brownwood texas. this guy has 20 plus years with sales exp.
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
i would give him one more chance as stated above (face to face, no bs). if you so much as sense a shred of bs, i would walk out and place my order elsewhere. and btw, if a dealership gives great customer service to 'most' people, then that's not great customer service... you should tell us the name of the dealership so that unexpecting cam5'ers don't run into the same problem. if they have given poor customer service, we all would want to know about it...screw their 'reputation'.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #5
rallyyellow
The Politician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahart04 View Post
i would give him one more chance as stated above (face to face, no bs). if you so much as sense a shred of bs, i would walk out and place my order elsewhere. and btw, if a dealership gives great customer service to 'most' people, then that's not great customer service... you should tell us the name of the dealership so that unexpecting cam5'ers don't run into the same problem. if they have given poor customer service, we all would want to know about it...screw their 'reputation'.
It's Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland, TX. A lot of people here recommended that I go there to place my order.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Go there, smack the shit out of him then cancel your order. If you are not already in process you have nothing to lose.

Then come back to Camaro5, send Camaro Scotty a PM and have him set you up with a reputatable dealer that deserves your business and will treat you right. If it is Classic Chevy giving you the problem I am sure he will get it resolved instantly.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
rallyyellow
The Politician

btw...

ahart04, where did you order from? I see you're from Austin and I go to UT. I'm going to be interning in DC from Sept. 1- Dec. 17 and have to go back to Austin to graduate on Dec. 19. Maybe I can pick up my car then lol
Old 08-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #8
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
i would go speak to the sales manager... get the issue straightened out...

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Go there, ask (tell them) to see your order workbench with your order number and make sure you have a written Motor Vehilce Purchase Contract with specific options and prices and discounts with your deposit (your order workbench order number should also be on this. Make sure it has all required signatures, ask for general sales manager approval. If you can't get what you want, it's time to move on.

Take it from someone who knows. Good Luck.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Rally,

Call me @ 817-421-7266 and I'll get it resolved for you!
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
IROC'D
Momma's Happy....

Drives: 2SS,M6,Summit White, gray int
I ordered mine from Classic in Sugar Land. I've had no problems so far but I did I ask to talk to the inventory manager to get my order #. I ordered on July 20th and the order was accepted by GM on 8/3. My rep gave me my workbench order the day I ordered, but it didn't have an order # on it yet. I checked the next week and it still wasn't accepted by GM, but the next week is when my status went to 2000. I would ask for the inventory manager, he was the most helpful. 2 weeks is not so long to wait. I've seen others wait for months to get their order to 2000.

2010 2SS Ordered 7/20/09
Delivered 10/1/2009!!!!!
IROC'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #12
rallyyellow
The Politician

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC'D View Post
I ordered mine from Classic in Sugar Land. I've had no problems so far but I did I ask to talk to the inventory manager to get my order #. I ordered on July 20th and the order was accepted by GM on 8/3. My rep gave me my workbench order the day I ordered, but it didn't have an order # on it yet. I checked the next week and it still wasn't accepted by GM, but the next week is when my status went to 2000. I would ask for the inventory manager, he was the most helpful. 2 weeks is not so long to wait. I've seen others wait for months to get their order to 2000.
Really? I was under the impression that you get the order number as soon as they put it in the system, but that nothing really happens until you get the magic 2000 status (GM accepting the order). But still, the part that bugs me the most is the no communication part.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #13
rallyyellow
The Politician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
Go there, ask (tell them) to see your order workbench with your order number and make sure you have a written Motor Vehilce Purchase Contract with specific options and prices and discounts with your deposit (your order workbench order number should also be on this. Make sure it has all required signatures, ask for general sales manager approval. If you can't get what you want, it's time to move on.

Take it from someone who knows. Good Luck.
See, they told me that they cannot put a price on the car (even though my numberless workbench has the pricing on it) until it is invoiced. All they could do was write that I will get supplier pricing, which is what I qualify for.

I took SS-Eric's advice and I'm waiting to see how that plays out. If not, then my next two options are to call Eric Hall or CamaroScotty to place a new order and see if they can accommodate my particular situation.

Thanks for the advice, though!!! I'll try it too.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
If anyone works with Eric (above) you will not have any issues. I can't vouch for any other sales staff here either....We FOCUS on the internet, so I think we have some better tools to keep people informed, than some others.

If someone calls when I'm off, and they work with someone else, my hands get somewhat tied on future assistance. If you can't reach me - leave a message. I'll get back to you!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote